10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

I had been watching this pretty closely, Amazon had over 800 of them when the sale started, a couple days ago, they were at 755, now it appears that they are completely gone, does anyone have any idea what could have happened? Are they just going to re-appear one of these days? With them selling at a rate of roughly 10 per day, I can't imagine the last 750 of them going in just a few hours at those prices.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had been watching this pretty closely, Amazon had over 800 of them when the sale started, a couple days ago, they were at 755, now it appears that they are completely gone, does anyone have any idea what could have happened? Are they just going to re-appear one of these days? With them selling at a rate of roughly 10 per day, I can't imagine the last 750 of them going in just a few hours at those prices.

They'll probably come back later. I wouldn't worry about it since Lego.com still has it in stock. Then again, it's Lego, they're unpredictable.

A BP poster noticed a price drop to ~$150 a few days ago (I forgot which thread it was in). Not as good as 5/4 event but it was still ~25% off. Perhaps a lot of people who missed out on 5/4 bought their sets from Amazon then ?

look for posts using my name. it wasn't at that price long

Yeah, I tracked things through the price drop, it didn't move that many of them, it looked like it went back up in price and then disappeared completely. I am not interested in getting any for myself, I was tracking them, hoping to get some info on how well they sold so I could know if I should return any of mine. I ordered 14 of them and am planning on returning at least four of those. Its not that I don't think it will do ok down the road, I just think I can do better things with some of the money right now, my brickfolio is still quite small and those sets take up a huge portion of my inventory.

Yeah, I tracked things through the price drop, it didn't move that many of them, it looked like it went back up in price and then disappeared completely.

I am not interested in getting any for myself, I was tracking them, hoping to get some info on how well they sold so I could know if I should return any of mine. I ordered 14 of them and am planning on returning at least four of those. Its not that I don't think it will do ok down the road, I just think I can do better things with some of the money right now, my brickfolio is still quite small and those sets take up a huge portion of my inventory.

Take the worse retired SW UCS item's ROI (exclude the Shuttle). If a $99 B-Wing could perform nearly identical to that over 2-3 years, would you be happy? If so, keep as many $99 10227s that you can.

Some of us on this site believe in a $99 10227 so much that we bought a shelving unit just for them (at least in my case). I found room after stating "...gonna need a bigger boat".

Yeah, I tracked things through the price drop, it didn't move that many of them, it looked like it went back up in price and then disappeared completely.

I am not interested in getting any for myself, I was tracking them, hoping to get some info on how well they sold so I could know if I should return any of mine. I ordered 14 of them and am planning on returning at least four of those. Its not that I don't think it will do ok down the road, I just think I can do better things with some of the money right now, my brickfolio is still quite small and those sets take up a huge portion of my inventory.

Ahhhhh yes, the good ol buy first ask questions later mentality ;)

The reason I got so many was because it looked like the deal was going to be pretty hard to get, with Lego.com running out of stock in 45 min and TRU running out in a few hours, I thought I had hit the jackpot, then Lego went ahead and put it back on their site and my profits went down the toilet.

BTW, jaisonline, how many did you get that you needed a shelving unit? I thought I had pretty much maxed out how many I could get at one address, even though I usually get these things sent to four different addresses, I didn't have the cash on hand to dump on 56 of them. Did you get some orders shipped to other houses?

BTW, jaisonline, how many did you get that you needed a shelving unit? I thought I had pretty much maxed out how many I could get at one address, even though I usually get these things sent to four different addresses, I didn't have the cash on hand to dump on 56 of them. Did you get some orders shipped to other houses?

if you have 4 addresses you don't need to be doing this haha, but i gather its friends family houses

56 sets? $5600 plus tax is some serious coin no matter the investment.

i used both lego and toysrus. i had two relatives each at diff addresses plus myself make B-Wing orders using their own credit cards so the rules were fully adhered to. i wasn't even able to make my first B-wing lego order until nearly noon on May 4th.

toyrsus really came through for many people on May 4th. they were quick to ship and even included the factory brown lego box in some cases. overall condition was also decent.

Ebay now has it for $157.50 shipped, thats the lowest I have seen it since the sale, except on amazon for $153 for a few brief hours (they must have found out they were loosing money!).

How many do you see in the $150s with shipping?

No idea why anyone would flip for less than $175 with buyer paid shipping.

Not enough revenue after all fees. At $175 with buyer paid shipping, around $155 would be left after fees I think.

So if you purchased a $99 b-wing, it totals $107 with tax. About $45-$50 in profit. Even if you flipped 20 sets, you are looking at only $1k profit. I rather wait to sell at a larger profit per unit.

60% of people who bought these for investment or a fast flip will have sold there's by the end of the year, because these people just can't hold on to them for a few years, its happening now just check e-bay, some sold for $132 and if you don't know what you are doing on shipping and with E-bay and Paypal fees well you might make $20 or so.

I see that the B-wing is labeled as "dailego" but I don't see that term used on the Lego site. I just want to make sure this is the same set sold on the Lego site before I purchase. Does anyone have any info on this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well it looks like people who bought these B-Wings for $100 thought they would make alot of easy big money pretty quick, but if you check E-bay under Completed Auctions you will see most of these sellers are losing or just breaking even. I one a auction the other day for $118.00 shippedI called the guy and he said he had another one so I got 2 for $230.00 shipped. He said he thought these would be selling for big money, so he needs the money now so he had to sell, and there are lots of other auctions that after Ebay and paypal fees and most sellers don't no what they are doing on shipping. With this B-wing once it does retire you still have to wait a year or so before the big bucks come in. So the key is put the B-wings away and forget about them. And about shipping I won the Technics 8110 big Set last week, The Guy had $8.00 shipping now he lives in MD same as me about 85 miles from me, I asked him are you sure you did the shipping right on the auction he said yes, well it really cost $14.75, so he does not no how to fill out the shipping on the auction, but after we talked on the phone and I got him to show me how he calculated the shipping rate I told him what he did wrong, so hopefully he know's now. So Check Completed Auctions and check out some of the prices, this is a prime example of people who can't wait,we are talking about people waiting 2 years after the set retires, well people can't wait a month they crack and sell, there are a few auctions where some people are making a few bucks but, Now tis could be another example on why we are not buying more of these at these low prices on ebay,a year or two after they retire and selling for $200-300 we all wish we would of gotten more of them.

• Like 1

Ha ha that's pretty wild. I wouldn't be in the Lego investing game if I was so dependent on flipping everything that fast. They act like they have to sell or they can't pay a bill or their rent. If that's the case, there are other things they should be doing with their money, this isn't one of them. Even profitting on a quick flip isn't going to yield enough to justify the work in most cases, with the exception of rare instances like Mr. Gold.

Ha ha that's pretty wild. I wouldn't be in the Lego investing game if I was so dependent on flipping everything that fast. They act like they have to sell or they can't pay a bill or their rent. If that's the case, there are other things they should be doing with their money, this isn't one of them. Even profitting on a quick flip isn't going to yield enough to justify the work in most cases, with the exception of rare instances like Mr. Gold.

I don't see it as a flip if they're losing money. But yeah, this is exactly what's happening. They bought the stuff and then something came up, like rent, and they had to sell to get what they could out of it. Agree with you though...people learn of something like this, put a bunch of $$$ into and don't realize that it's going to be some time before they make even a modest profit. Not only that, there's a ton of auction all the time on eBay where either people stole the items they're selling, or they're really bad at math.