10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

Lego is my affliction. Example: At the time of The Sale, I could only afford 1 B-Wing. It's been sitting in my closet, where I planned to keep it for a couple years until I sell it. I haven't given it a second thought. Until now. Now I want to rip it open and build it, or buy another one before it's too late. Sigh.

Yup. Only difference is that I was planning on building it from the outset, then changed my mind and opted for investment after finding this site. Now I want both...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lego is my affliction. Example: At the time of The Sale, I could only afford 1 B-Wing. It's been sitting in my closet, where I planned to keep it for a couple years until I sell it. I haven't given it a second thought. Until now. Now I want to rip it open and build it, or buy another one before it's too late. Sigh.

At least though it isn't too late to grab another at a reasonable price. You would still get it under the standard price.

I just started collecting/investing in UCS.  I've always considered the B-Wing to be one of the more unusual designs in the SW universe.  Now it will be harder to find it at a reasonable price. I hope LEGO Shop at Home is just short a bit and more stock will return.

FWIW,

i Spoke with Lego Customer Support about getting extra elements to better support 10220's roof.

I asked about 10227. My rep said there is nothing in the Sales system about a future in-stock date unlike the prev times it has been sold out.

Let's hope they are right and the thing does not comeback. I am really interested in how this will perform in the coming months if it is actually retired.

It will definitely take a while until supply dies down enough for the set to start rising, but the sooner it goes away the better for all of us.

i'm hoping supply is already low since this set was never a big seller except May 4th weekend.  TRU and Lego.com sold a ton due to the $99 price. 

Target, Walmart, and Amazon have a some stock left since they all dropped their prices into the $150s earlier this month.  Interesting note: TRU doesn't return serach results for the B-Wing.

i'm hoping supply is already low since this set was never a big seller except May 4th weekend.  TRU and Lego.com sold a ton due to the $99 price. 

Target, Walmart, and Amazon have a some stock left since they all dropped their prices into the $150s earlier this month.  Interesting note: TRU doesn't return serach results for the B-Wing.

I believe they deleted it after the $100 sale.  Probably saw no reason to bring a poorly performing set back.

A nice thought regarding the set.  Being able to get a set for 50% off is particularly nice because there is almost no way we can lose on the set.  The worst case, and an unlikely one, is that we break even only.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...