10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon to be end of production?  Perhaps, but that's a bit uncertain I think.  It could go on for a year or more.  Regardless, 40% off is a good deal.  You can always flick it off for a small profit if things don't go to plan or if you need the cash for something else or another good deal.

Soon to be end of production?  Perhaps, but that's a bit uncertain I think.  It could go on for a year or more.  Regardless, 40% off is a good deal.  You can always flick it off for a small profit if things don't go to plan or if you need the cash for something else or another good deal.

I'm pretty sure the set is done being produced... It hasn't come in stock on Lego LEGO Shop at Home U.S. in a while now.

There are some good threads. Do a quick search for 10227. I wasn't able to successfully copy and paste the link using by iPhone. Search for "10227"

This has a chance to get retired w/in 1 year if retail life. If that happens, it will be very successful in the secondary market. Then some will regret not purchasing a few even at $150.

There were a whole bunch of them at 2 Lego stores I visited in Toronto recently. About 8 per store. Of course they are never marked down at Lego stores so who's to say.

Just to clarify what he said, they were never marked down in Lego stores outside the U.S., The May 4th weekend is primarily what caused other stores to lower their asking price, since there was a huge influx of people selling on ebay/amazon less than retail.

Its also a reason why this set will do well in the after-market. Even though it had a 50% sale in the U.S., the rest of the world didn't, and a lot of people don't like dealing with selling internationally, so this set will still maintain its value globally.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of us on different sides of the fence here. I firmly believe this set is a winner even at $150. I would pick one up. notice the last several Ebay Listings now that it is OOS at Amazon as well:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=lego+10227&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

It grew 3% last month and I think its going to hit $160 or more by next month.

I was thinking the same. Been noticing BIN listings of 10227s quietly increasing in price. I invested heavily in this set so mental notes are kept whenever anything is written or published.

If people don't own this set yet, I strongly encourage buying a few even at the $150 to $165 price (if cant find it sooner). If Lego does retire this set before Nov 2013, it will have had only a 1 yr life cycle. Additionally, it could be one of the last exclusives that retires before 3 years of retail life as Lego seems to have started giving sets longer retail lives (e.g.Ttower Bridge, Death Star, and 3 of the house modulars).

post-3743-0-43881200-1378557697_thumb.jp

I was thinking the same. Been noticing BIN listings of 10227s quietly increasing in price. I invested heavily in this set so mental notes are kept whenever anything is written or published.

If people don't own this set yet, I strongly encourage buying a few even at the $150 to $165 price (if cant find it sooner). If Lego does retire this set before Nov 2013, it will have had only a 1 yr life cycle. Additionally, it could be one of the last exclusives that retires before 3 years of retail life as Lego seems to have started giving sets longer retail lives (e.***.Ttower Bridge, Death Star, and 3 of the house modulars).

That is a lot of b-wing fighters. The only reason I think the set is increasing slowly on eBay, is the fact that it has been sold out most of the time on LEGO Shop at Home, so you could only get the set from amazon.com or other online retailers who had the set. After those are done, you have to turn to the secondary market.

I'll throw one more point out there. I predict that due to the price point on May 4, and the huge number that were immediately flipped for a small profit, that a lot of these sets were opened. If a UCS size Star Wars set has been out of your budget, this was probably the best shot to get one. Could also contribute to some scarcity down the road.

I'll throw one more point out there. I predict that due to the price point on May 4, and the huge number that were immediately flipped for a small profit, that a lot of these sets were opened. If a UCS size Star Wars set has been out of your budget, this was probably the best shot to get one. Could also contribute to some scarcity down the road.

UCS set are very expensive. The cheapest set was the Naboo Starfighter, which costs about $39.99 retail. Now the set is around $200-$300 on eBay.

Lets just hope new supply doesn't increase greatly when / if Lego releases more of these. I have a strange feeling they will throw us a curveball (same with the sold out Orc Forge) as sets seem to have longer retail lifespans now. My fingers are crossed and hoping Lego won't resell more since it was a poor seller at MSRP.

I also hope a nice # of $99 sets were opened. Not sure though since the B-Wing isn't overly popular with fans (unlike the X-Wing, A-Wing, and Snowspeeder). The B-Wing prob has as much love as the Y-Wing. At least the Y-Wing was in two original movies. Hence, popularity will not carry 10227 in the secondary market. Limited supply will along with people who try to buy each UCS set and missed out on this one before it EOL'd.

If people don't own this set yet, I strongly encourage buying a few even at the $150 to $165 price (if cant find it sooner). If Lego does retire this set before Nov 2013, it will have had only a 1 yr life cycle. Additionally, it could be one of the last exclusives that retires before 3 years of retail life as Lego seems to have started giving sets longer retail lives (e.***.Ttower Bridge, Death Star, and 3 of the house modulars).

Is that 16 B-Wings there? Wow, and I thought I was fortunate to get one for $100. :/

BTW, a B-Wing sold on eBay for a little over $300... This is giving me lots of hope in my first UCS investment set! :D