10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

Guest idunno101

Thanks for the heads up. For some reason i just have zero desire to buy this set for myself or as investment. itll bite me in the bite at some point but i just look at it and it doesnt excite me

Same with me I've read the reviews and they say it's not the best UCS out there but who knows what this set will be worth years down the road.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of you that have not purchased this set will be regretting it.  if it does retire soon, the retail lifespan is extremely short (less than 1 yr).  Not The Zombies short but short enough in this age where sets usually lasts 2-4 years.

110% agree. This set is a WINNER. I won't say any more because I don't want more people buying them, and competing with mine.

People said that the Imperial Shuttle sucked...Well then, of course we are going to trust those people! /s

15 left.

The set is boring and it's not going to do well on ebay, even the 2006 version looks much better. I don't think I will regret not purchasing it thank you very much.

Look back at the history - they are selling fine for $150 every day.

Wanna know something else people? Look at sold listings for used - notice how there are barely any? EVERYONE IS KEEPING IT. The set is incredible - no idea where people are getting their reviews from.

The 2006 version is trash compared to it - if you have ever seen it built. It is incredibly impressive. It will be $300 or more within 2 years.

Well that seems fine but the problem is the retail price is $200, those people are loosing 25% of the money they paid, how is that good. 

Or maybe it's because of the lack of people who are purchasing it?

I'm not sure if a big piece of grey plastic is impressive. Don't get me wrong I've been impressed by many UCS sets, but the B-Wing isn't one of them. It was never iconic enough to be a UCS set. And this is just my opinion, don't take it so seriously.

Glad you took out that last sentence dude....

Well that seems fine but the problem is the retail price is $200, those people are losing 25% of the money they paid, how is that good?

I'm not sure if a big piece of grey plastic is impressive. Don't get me wrong I've been impressed by many UCS sets, but the B-Wing isn't one of them. It was never iconic enough to be a UCS set. And this is just my opinion, don't take it so seriously.

You are taking what I said too serious. I was voiceing an opinion- nothing more. And your comment was much more smartass than mine.

Lots of people are purchasing it - but not for retail you are right. But that doesn't mean it isn't a good investment at $150 or $100 which is where I got all of mine. They are selling just fine if you look at the brickpicker data. Just because they don't sell at retail, doesn't mean they aren't good. Plenty of sets sell for way below retail. Take a look at Epic Dragon Battle.

No offense at all - its text so tone is not involved. Just disagreeing with your opinion.

I will ask though: Why did you pick that user name? I don't think it really agrees with...ahem... the site?

Well that seems fine but the problem is the retail price is $200, those people are losing 25% of the money they paid, how is that good?

Lots of people bought these at $100 for the may 4th sale, so some people are making a little money on this selling at $150. I agree, I would not buy this set for $200. It takes up too much space and looks okay. I did buy 2 for $100 each though and think that when it retires it will definitely start to pass the $150 mark on ebay

• Like 1

So I have to build my 3? R2D2 army!!!!

This is a better idea than storing it away...

No no no, you're only allowed to own one. You must forfeit the other two to fellow Brickpickers who have none, and they must build them in turn. If no applicable members can be located, all surplus sets will be forfeited to me. Bwahahah.