10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one thing that hurts its investment potential : why is it the "B-Wing". It doesn't even look like a B. Seriously...

I just read that it was named after a lowercase b.  Still not buying it... Should have been called the t-wing.  I'll have to place a call to Disney and see if we can get this George Lucas error fixed ASAP.  :banghead:

I just called Lego to see if I could order the B-wing she says the Website says sold out, but she said more are coming, For me checking the site everyday to see if a retired sign comes on the set, then I will get a few more, but as right now I am waiting.

• Like 2

I just called Lego to see if I could order the B-wing she says the Website says sold out, but she said more are coming, For me checking the site everyday to see if a retired sign comes on the set, then I will get a few more, but as right now I am waiting.

Is it still available on the Lego UK site?  Just looked, sold out there too.

So if they're sold out, but more are coming, did they make the structural change to it?  Why show as sold out, when more are coming?  Why not "Check for Availability"?  Doesn't make sense.  I really am wondering if this is going to be like the Space Shuttle where they had the same set, save for the minor structural adjustments, and offered it under two different set numbers.  I guess it could be doubtful, but there is precedent.

Thanks for the support, Quacs ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a stack of these in some warehouse somewhere and a few more show up, but I can't imagine them producing more of these even if they make it more structurally sound. It's just not a good seller. It's cool to see built, but that isn't enough to make people want to buy it in the stores. The average shopper isn't aware that this thing falls apart if you have it placed in front of an air vent, they just don't want it.

Thanks for the support, Quacs ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a stack of these in some warehouse somewhere and a few more show up, but I can't imagine them producing more of these even if they make it more structurally sound. It's just not a good seller. It's cool to see built, but that isn't enough to make people want to buy it in the stores. The average shopper isn't aware that this thing falls apart if you have it placed in front of an air vent, they just don't want it.

I agree.  No more are being made IMO.  They sold these at 50% OFF to unload them and close them out.  It's toast.  You might still have a couple pop up, but it's time for the B-Wing to ride into the sunset.

• Like 1

i have 16 of these (all from the $99 sale and haven't opened even one since welll, it is the "B"oring-Wing -).  while I agree these aren't desirable now  (aka ugly duckling), are you telling me this thing is more fragile than Samuel L. Jackson in Unbreakable or Glass Joe in the old Nintendo Mike Tyson's Punch-out?   Elements fall off just be looking at it?  

There is no need to panic, Lego.com just says sold out, not call to check if they still have it. Also, I was looking at a few other Lego star wars sets. I noticed that in the corner of some of the sets, it said retiring soon, those are the ones to panic about.

If these are gone all of those people that recently unloaded them at low prices will be very unhappy. I have 7 of them bought at the 50% off sale and have no plans to sell any until this set is gone from retail.

Agreed.  I have 5 and built 1.  Looks fantastic!  This b-Wing needs to b-Gone  :thankyou:

• Like 1

i have 16 of these (all from the $99 sale and haven't opened even one since welll, it is the "B"oring-Wing -).  while I agree these aren't desirable now  (aka ugly duckling), are you telling me this thing is more fragile than Samuel L. Jackson in Unbreakable or Glass Joe in the old Nintendo Mike Tyson's Punch-out?   Elements fall off just be looking at it?  

The B-wing is very fragile.  At the LEGO store near me they had to rebuild the display model 3 times because it kept falling apart.  Obviously kids are bumping the display cubes, but I do think that LEGO models should be able to withstand some minor bumps without falling apart.  They gave it to me one of the times to try to fix it and it is just not very sturdy.  Things were falling off left and right as I put it together and this isn't my first rodeo.  Future buyers will generally be unaware or won't care about this fact though, so I don't think it will be a factor in its future value.  The problem will be that it is an undesired set that will be available in large quantities from resellers for a long time before it sees typical UCS-like gains, if ever, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Lego is my affliction. Example: At the time of The Sale, I could only afford 1 B-Wing. It's been sitting in my closet, where I planned to keep it for a couple years until I sell it. I haven't given it a second thought. Until now. Now I want to rip it open and build it, or buy another one before it's too late. Sigh.