10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I am really disgusted how big the box is for this set. The same size as a Tower Bridge? Please.

Just a complete waste and an excuse to make it look bigger than what it is.

I agree. I'm storing 16 of them and they take up most of the shelving unit. I also need to make two shelve extra long (height-wise) for them and lost precious height on the other 2.

post-3743-0-70509700-1369820684_thumb.jp

I got my first 3 today (one opened for myself) and was really surprised how light the box felt. Then I put it next to the Arkham Asylum set I have in the lounge and I was shocked it was thicker than that despite the lower piece count. It was only putting it in the Lego room and I put it next to my Tower Bridges and was just astounded it was the same size box despite the whopping 2800 piece count differential.
Will make storing them a right pain considering I have 14 coming!

I got my first 3 today (one opened for myself) and was really surprised how light the box felt. Then I put it next to the Arkham Asylum set I have in the lounge and I was shocked it was thicker than that despite the lower piece count. It was only putting it in the Lego room and I put it next to my Tower Bridges and was just astounded it was the same size box despite the whopping 2800 piece count differential.

Will make storing them a right pain considering I have 14 coming!

Yeah, I was blown away by the box size. Mine are going to take up more space than I had anticipated, and I will likely have to readjust some other sets as a result.  

What I don't get is how LEGO Shop at Home is still selling them.  Are they still making them?

You would figure they sold their whole inventory during the May 4th promo...

I think Lego is adding factories and re-organizing so that they can make any number of sets at any time.  And they haven't released all of Mr. Gold because they want to pump out thousands of Series 10 boxes and lower the "rate per box."

I think Lego is adding factories and re-organizing so that they can make any number of sets at any time.  And they haven't released all of Mr. Gold because they want to pump out thousands of Series 10 boxes and lower the "rate per box."

That's what I would do!

I quite happy with a lot of wannabe investors getting a sour taste in their mouth from this B-wing. We don't want everyone doing this after all..

This x 1000. This was inevitable. You international guys who missed out should be looking for deals, as you are also likely to get people who don't know how to charge correctly for international shipping either.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. This business lends itself to small time hobbyists who can toss a few dozen sets into a closet for 2+ years and forget about them, and serious investors with big cash, spreadsheets, patience, and active trading experience. Everyone in the middle is going to get chewed up and spit out, many losing money without realising it. This is a perfect example, where I've seen dozens of auctions sold at a loss when shipping and fees are calculated.

The real frustration is these idiots prevented actual fans and real investors from getting these sets on the 4th. They're also depressing the market which will hurt my bottom line down the road. That said, This does present an attractive opportunity for anyone in the market for more B-wings. Take advantage, especially if you see an auction which includes a Han minifig.

• Like 1

Some of these people may have been lucky enough to offload their Han figure for 25.00. Also the posters were selling for about 7.00-10.00 in the beginning as well. Then on top of it if they got a Chima set and were lucky enough to sell that.... they may not be taking a loss but they are definitely not yielding enough profit to make all of that worthwhile.

Personally I'm hoping in two or three years to offload mine.

Wonder why these people don't just return the B-Wing set to LEGO? Maybe because they would have to give back Han? 

This x 1000. This was inevitable. You international guys who missed out should be looking for deals, as you are also likely to get people who don't know how to charge correctly for international shipping either.

Except most newbie sellers don't even ship internationally. One reason why they are throwing away profits. A large portion of my more expensive sets are sold to buyers outside of the USA and frequently sell for more than they would to someone domestically.

I am usually someone who likes to sell as fast as I can get a decent profit, mostly because I want to keep building the capital to invest more and long term. Having said that, there is no way I will be selling my B-Wings for at least a year after they retire. Depending on how high they sell at the time of course.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. This business lends itself to small time hobbyists who can toss a few dozen sets into a closet for 2+ years and forget about them, and serious investors with big cash, spreadsheets, patience, and active trading experience. Everyone in the middle is going to get chewed up and spit out, many losing money without realising it. This is a perfect example, where I've seen dozens of auctions sold at a loss when shipping and fees are calculated.

The real frustration is these idiots prevented actual fans and real investors from getting these sets on the 4th. They're also depressing the market which will hurt my bottom line down the road. That said, This does present an attractive opportunity for anyone in the market for more B-wings. Take advantage, especially if you see an auction which includes a Han minifig.

Right. It's funny though, that they knew enough to be watching for a good Lego.com sale, but then don't know enough about Ebay fees and shipping. Oh well, survival of the fittest applies here...