10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you summarize those for me? I honestly don't remember exactly what you said.

Not that I think I wrote it anywhere but I predicted that this set will not grow above RETAIL for atleast 2 years after EOL. 

Its a daring prediction but i have my reasons, one of them being as cheap as it was the second its limitation of screen time... and a few more.

Not that I think I wrote it anywhere but I predicted that this set will not grow above RETAIL for atleast 2 years after EOL. 

Its a daring prediction but i have my reasons, one of them being as cheap as it was the second its limitation of screen time... and a few more.

Thanks. I guess we'll see, but either way I am thankful I got mine on May the 4th :D

I'd be alright with slow and steady growth.  Even if it takes two years to move about MSRP, it will move eventually I think.  Plenty of short term holders might flood the market, keeping prices relatively low, but there are also a lot of investors willing to be patient.

Everyone has a price point they will sell at...I'd be tempted by about $300, whenever that will be.

I'd be alright with slow and steady growth.  Even if it takes two years to move about MSRP, it will move eventually I think.  Plenty of short term holders might flood the market, keeping prices relatively low, but there are also a lot of investors willing to be patient.

Everyone has a price point they will sell at...I'd be tempted by about $300, whenever that will be.

Maybe if the market floods I can grab a few more at $120 or so. I will be willing to wait.

The set sold at $99 for only 4 days or so. The majority of the purchases were probably at $155 to $180 in the last yr.

There is a chance this set will have less than 10-12 months of retail life. That is unheard of for UCS sets. This alone will drive up demand. Now if the set remains available for 16 months or longer, then it's a diff story.

• Like 1

I think the market will be self-policing for this one. Anyone who bought multiples on May 4 should be smart enough to not panic sell if it goes EOL. Just doesn't make any sense. Now, perhaps the price will dip into the $120 range again, but I don't think EOL will cause a flood with that effect.

I just can't imagine the average person buying the set for $99 with the intent to resell as the primary. It just doesn't cross people's mind. I think we all forget that sometimes because it is obvious to us. I work with a lot of smart people, and when I mention this as a hobby, people are surprised to even know in the first place that LEGO appreciates in price.

So I am confident that this gets back to retail or above...Acarin's timeline will be an interesting test.

EU and Aust markets already near RRP. It's the USA market that seems to be flooded at the moment.

60 sales on April up to 300 in may.

That Aussie price listed on BP is actually a fair way out. It has the average price at $300, but none have been sold since mid May that exceed $300. It is settling at around the $250-$280 mark

I shudder to think that there are brickpickers who don't have a B Wing yet, unless they really don't want one. Personally, I don't normally invest in Star Wars, but I made an exception for that deal. 

I think some people will regret it. I regret not getting more - and selling one to one of my friends who missed the deal for $100. Lol.

Meh, I had 14 of them, but decided to return a bunch after Lego re-listed them on their site the next day, I needed the money for our house purchase and seeing how many of them are still floating around for $150, I am glad I did. 

I am sure I will make money on the ones I kept, but it was definitely better to return them than to have that money tied up. 

I shudder to think that there are brickpickers who don't have a B Wing yet, unless they really don't want one. Personally, I don't normally invest in Star Wars, but I made an exception for that deal.

I don't have one currently. I couldn't access the S@H deal and tried through TRU route but despite having a confirmation email they denied all knowledge of my order.

I'm not too fussed about it but would still grab one for $150-200 including shipping if I could.