10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering I don't have a bank account either and am 14 years old...

You should be able to get a free checking account under a parents account - I believe you can with most banks. You are a smart kid and probably don't need the coaching and learning that come with managing your own account, but its still good experience. My Dad opened one for me as a kid and taught me how to perfrom deposits, withdrawals, balance a checkbook, and all that. *Old man voice*  Of course back then we didn't have ATM machines and debit cards.

• Like 1

You should be able to get a free checking account under a parents account - I believe you can with most banks. You are a smart kid and probably don't need the coaching and learning that come with managing your own account, but its still good experience.

I have thought about it, but then I spent majority of my money on LEGO. Thanks for the compliments! :D

I have thought about it, but then I spent majority of my money on LEGO. Thanks for the compliments! :D

Get a credit card as soon as they will give you one. Use it to buy things you have money for and pay them off immediately. You can start building a credit history and that will pay off huge when you go to buy your first house. Yes yes, you are 14 and that's an old people problem. But I felt like I was 14 just a few years ago... :D

Get a credit card as soon as they will give you one. Use it to buy things you have money for and pay them off immediately. You can start building a credit history and that will pay off huge when you go to buy your first house. Yes yes, you are 14 and that's an old people problem. But I felt like I was 14 just a few years ago... :D

I might buy a storage unit before a house. :D Gotta store them LEGO's somewhere! It'll be a while before I run out of space though. Buying a house is a long way off. For now let's worry about high school, shall we?

I called lego today about switching some 10227's I had that were damaged during delivery. They said they have no more in stock and there are no orders in the system. They said that typically means its retired. Let the fun begin!

If true, we are looking at a Star Wars UCS set that was available on Lego.com for only 9 months (or so). Wow. The available $156 prices currently online are looking very appealing now. Don't be left without a few units...

I called lego today about switching some 10227's I had that were damaged during delivery. They said they have no more in stock and there are no orders in the system. They said that typically means its retired. Let the fun begin!

Did they give you a discount for the damage?

I might buy a storage unit before a house. :D Gotta store them LEGO's somewhere! It'll be a while before I run out of space though. Buying a house is a long way off. For now let's worry about high school, shall we?

I would actually not recommend getting a credit card until you are mature enough.  I don't have one yet, and have done well so far.

I would actually not recommend getting a credit card until you are mature enough.  I don't have one yet, and have done well so far.

Yes - but at the same time, If you don't know about Credit Reports - its a freaking dirty business. Having a credit card is really really good early early early. Just have your parents control the statement or something.

I got a stupid low interest rate on my first house because i had the credit cards early. I wish I had started them when I was in my teens. Saving interest on a house is big business. 

Yes - but at the same time, If you don't know about Credit Reports - its a freaking dirty business. Having a credit card is really really good early early early. Just have your parents control the statement or something.

I got a stupid low interest rate on my first house because i had the credit cards early. I wish I had started them when I was in my teens. Saving interest on a house is big business. 

There are people in their 50s and 60s not mature enough for credit cards...

I think so! I didn't think about asking for a discount. They said I could try to replace it at a local lego store but the ones in the Chicago area don't have it anymore. Does lego offer discounts for damaged products?

They will if they receive it damaged. Usually they just try to get you to replace it or something. Amazon is the store that you would go to to get a discount on damaged merchandise. So you are in Chicago? I assume you are talking about the Watertower LEGO Store, correct? You should check out the Chicago/IL Thread. http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/1462-the-chicagoil-area-forum/

It seems a common thread, excuse the pun, that people can get a discount from amazon or LEGO Shop at Home if the box arrives damaged. Seems a bit random though.

I got my my damaged tower bridge from the lego store because they were selling it as damaged. Got 10% off.

Off course it would have been even cheaper buying it from amazon.it :(

They will if they receive it damaged. Usually they just try to get you to replace it or something. Amazon is the store that you would go to to get a discount on damaged merchandise. So you are in Chicago? I assume you are talking about the Watertower LEGO Store, correct? You should check out the Chicago/IL Thread. http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/1462-the-chicagoil-area-forum/

Yes - in Chicago but pass by water tower, woodfield and northbrook ct often. All three did not have the bwing unless they were hiding them in the back.

Thanks. I saw the Chicago thread this past week. I'll start following it and adding my local experiences.