10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets just hope new supply doesn't increase greatly when / if Lego releases more of these. I have a strange feeling they will throw us a curveball (same with the sold out Orc Forge) as sets seem to have longer retail lifespans now. My fingers are crossed and hoping Lego won't resell more since it was a poor seller at MSRP.

I also hope a nice # of $99 sets were opened. Not sure though since the B-Wing isn't overly popular with fans (unlike the X-Wing, A-Wing, and Snowspeeder). The B-Wing prob has as much love as the Y-Wing. At least the Y-Wing was in two original movies. Hence, popularity will not carry 10227 in the secondary market. Limited supply will along with people who try to buy each UCS set and missed out on this one before it EOL'd.

Yeah I worry about this too, but I just don't see it. Maybe they wait until it hits $200 and then they release more, but until its actually retired, I don't think people will pay retail $200 for this set, especially while Walmart sitll has some and sells them for $158

• 3 weeks later...

Is that 16 B-Wings there? Wow, and I thought I was fortunate to get one for $100. :/

BTW, a B-Wing sold on eBay for a little over $300... This is giving me lots of hope in my first UCS investment set! :D

Just saw your reply.  Yeah, I went slightly insane on May 4th and purchased 16 of them for $99 (using TRU and Lego online). 

Last July, I was able to get another one from Target.com for $125.60. 

This was also my first UCS purchase so "cheers" :)

We should do very well with this set as long as Lego doesn't let it live too much longer.  I just hope Lego isn't just letting their retailers sell-out before making some available on their own web site.

Why do people seem to think that it will go EOL soon? Is it because it is getting harder to find? Slow sales? Pardon all the questions, newbie here.

A couple of reasons:

1. It's been Out of Stock on Lego S@H for awhile now, with no sign of restocking: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/B-Wing-Starfighter-10227

2. Brickset is showing it's retired in the US: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=10227-1

Just an FYI - last several sold on Ebay up to $180 already. I can't believe there are people who don't like this sets investment outlook if it really is gone.

Yep - methinks we will see this guy appreciate nicely once it's off the major online retailer's virtual shelves.

BTW, the $100 B-Wing was an absolute gift from TLC.  I can't wait for the next one (if there is one).

• Like 1

Yep - methinks we will see this guy appreciate nicely once it's off the major online retailer's virtual shelves.

BTW, the $100 B-Wing was an absolute gift from TLC.  I can't wait for the next one (if there is one).

Ain't that the truth. So true.   Lego really wanted to get rid of their own stock, huh?   we hardly ever see 50% online.  heck, i'm usually thrilled with 25% off.