75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

If they bring out the new GB theme (IF) I hope they do not produce a set too similar to the haunted house...

I still have some of them and want them to appreciate a little more before I sell.

If there is another set the size of the scooby doo theme mainset it wouldn't be a problem I guess but with a HQ for 350 coming out in January and not yet a theme announced I'm staying cautious about a possible theme and sets...

If they do not bring out a GB theme I guess HH might appreciate even more.

(Please read in british accent: Dear beloved Mods: I was not sure where to post this. Feel free to move it to the HH thread if you think it is better suited for it).

• Like 1

On 6.11.2015, 09:29:02, Haay said:

The Swiss guy who made the Lego Ideas Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters made a statement on his page about the very similar looking new Lego 75827 set:

My Statement on the release of the Lego Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

The idea for a Ghostbusters headquarter in LEGO-form wasn't new when his Ideas project started. The designer of Ghostbusters' Ecto-1 used the firehouse as a backdrop for selling his project on LEGO Ideas, too. So it's not like the idea in itself is very original.

It's interesting to see that there's still a Ghostbusters HQ on Ideas that can be voted for: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/89254.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Locutus001 said:

If they bring out the new GB theme (IF) I hope they do not produce a set too similar to the haunted house...

I still have some of them and want them to appreciate a little more before I sell.

If there is another set the size of the scooby doo theme mainset it wouldn't be a problem I guess but with a HQ for 350 coming out in January and not yet a theme announced I'm staying cautious about a possible theme and sets...

If they do not bring out a GB theme I guess HH might appreciate even more.

(Please read in british accent: Dear beloved Mods: I was not sure where to post this. Feel free to move it to the HH thread if you think it is better suited for it).

Well I share the same fear and the fact that the HH has been used as a display set for the serie 14 minifigs disturbs me a bit:

151107105435184362.jpg

(ad received by mail)

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Firehouse-Headquarters-75827

Page is out. I'm not 100% if it just happened today. Not sure where to post because the set is not in any specific category (under Exclusive).

Really a plan-looking thing to me... wouldn't have been an appealing set to me if not were for the fact it's a GB firehouse.

So silly that it has a review when they haven't even built it yet...

I really love the box art. For me the inside is a complete fail. I have to remove the receptionist desk to park the ecto? The rest looks sparse compared to the original IDEAS design. Looks like these guys spent the last of their petty cash on....pizza? Ain't no way Peter is sliding down that pole holding a slice of pizza.

I will be buying this just to display the magnificent box art.

Edited by asharerin
  • Like 2

Investment wise, buying this on release is no go.

But I'm still a brick lover at heart <3.

5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Dynamite box.  I love how it opens.  Inside is solid, but not as good as the Ideas project.  Plays and displays well.  Overall, this set will do very well and will be stockpiled for years.

Me too!! Reminds me of the good old HH. Only this is better because you can open it 2 ways.