75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

3 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

But are those fans as rabid enough to pay double or triple MSRP on the secondary LEGO markets?   I know STAR WARS fans are for large and iconic sets.  Time will tell for Ghostbusters fans.  

Ghostbusters is certainly more limited - but I expect the Simpsons should have no problem.

11 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

If you answer my question about how your have more contact to humans than 90% (of the rest) of society I'll answer you ^.^

No okay I'll answer you now :-P

Nobody has said that ever. Only that internet is reflecting real life. Take it as metaphorous as you need it.

My profession allows me to drive around and have as much or as little contact with people as I wish. It makes the time go by faster the more I interact with people.....

15 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

My profession allows me to drive around and have as much or as little contact with people as I wish. It makes the time go by faster the more I interact with people.....

fair enough! ;-) I don't drive as much but I'd say I have plenty of contact to other humans myself ^.^ sometimes more than either side would like hrhr

2 hours ago, KShine said:

Ghostbusters is certainly more limited - but I expect the Simpsons should have no problem.

Personally, I just like cool sets and I really don't have to be a fan to spend big money on them.  The Ghostbusters HQ, Simpsons House/Kwik e Mart, Sea Cow all qualify in my book as cool sets and would look great displayed in my office.  I like variety and appreciate a change of pace.  That's why I wish LEGO would put more effort into "large" Ideas sets because LEGO fans have some really diversified and wonderful creations I would love to buy.  The only question I really ever had with these sets is how high they will go.  I know they will be strong performers, but are they $500-$600 sets or $800+ sets?  

9 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Personally, I just like cool sets and I really don't have to be a fan to spend big money on them.  The Ghostbusters HQ, Simpsons House/Kwik e Mart, Sea Cow all qualify in my book as cool sets and would look great displayed in my office.  I like variety and appreciate a change of pace.  That's why I wish LEGO would put more effort into "large" Ideas sets because LEGO fans have some really diversified and wonderful creations I would love to buy.  The only question I really ever had with these sets is how high they will go.  I know they will be strong performers, but are they $500-$600 sets or $800+ sets?  

My uneducated answer is $600 but I have a book with an estimated delivery date of friday written by an expert in this field and i will read it thoroughly and get back to you with an answer:)  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, waydog said:

My uneducated answer is $600 but I have a book with an estimated delivery date of friday written by an expert in this field and i will read it thoroughly and get back to you with an answer:)  

I believe the expert would tell you that the Ghostbusters HQ set checks off all the boxes...

• HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE set....HUGE!
  • Large amount of exclusive minifigures
  • Excellent display piece
  • Excellent play piece
  • Low chance of being reissued
  • Unique...Did I say unique?
  • New movie to stir up interest from young fans...Plus a classic old movie to attract old fans.
  • Can work with other Modulars from the looks of it...Big bonus if it does. 
  • Big Box...Big boxes sell!
  • Works with the Ecto-1...Home run!

• Like 3

I honestly think the resale value might be OK because it's a classic FDNY station.  Take the GB stuff off of it and the Firebuffs will love it.  Those guys are just as diehard as SW fans.  I don't care very much for GB at all, but it's a pretty cool fire station.  There are huge followings of people with huge lego fire departments and they will love this.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

I believe the expert would tell you that the Ghostbusters HQ set checks off all the boxes...

• Excellent play piece
  • New movie to stir up interest from young fans...Plus a classic old movie to attract old fans.

Sounds like someone is a convert. 

3 hours ago, Ed Mack said: I believe the expert would tell you that the Ghostbusters HQ set checks off all the boxes...

• Excellent play piece

Sounds like someone is a convert. 

I'll post the negatives tomorrow. LOL

7 hours ago, KShine said:

Especially so when Simpsons house is retailing at USD 199 while GB house is USD 350. It will be much easier for Simpsons House to double in price as compared to GB House.

I think Ecto-1 will be a much better investment than the GB House. Most people have limited budget and display space so they will need to decide which to build. For myself, I have reserved space for Ecto-1, DeLorean, Big Bang Theory, Wall-E, Star Wars, Avengers, Batman, Superman etc. These have been my favorite shows over the years.

I'm looking forward to putting the GateKeeper and the KeyMaster up on the ToO and adding it to my Halloween collection.   I couldn't think of a reason to open and build the ToO.  This set gave me that reason!   (B/c I only have two displays...one for Halloween and one for Christmas (You SUCK Toy Shop!!))    If they had a Marshmellow man, I'd be a happy camper. 

I can't wait for this set to retire in 12 years.

Edited by pickleboy

Since GBHQ is not coming out as a Lego Ideas set, and for now it's simply placed in the root of de store-site, I wonder if maybe TLG will create a new category next year named Ghostbusters, and add not only GBHQ but also additional Ghostbusters 2016 movie related (as of yet unannounced) sets there? 

That would certainly add future value to GBHQ!

GBHQ.png

5 hours ago, Haay said:

Since GBHQ is not coming out as a Lego Ideas set, and for now it's simply placed in the root of de store-site, I wonder if maybe TLG will create a new category next year named Ghostbusters, and add not only GBHQ but also additional Ghostbusters 2016 movie related (as of yet unannounced) sets there? 

That would certainly add future value to GBHQ!

That's what I was thinking too.

I mean they already have some rights obviously...

If they do something in the spirit of the scooby doo theme it might even work.

On the other hand the Ghostbuster minifigs would become as unrare as it gets ;-)  (Not that LEGO would bother).

Still I doubt that they'd bring out a new theme just for the ghostbusters... but I probably wouldn't say no ^.^ AS COLLECTOR that is!

For the theme as investment I'd stay carefully sceptical

56389cc987976_lrlego.jpg.6c5740a25e92b81

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

That's what I was thinking too.

I mean they already have some rights obviously...

If they do something in the spirit of the scooby doo theme it might even work.

On the other hand the Ghostbuster minifigs would become as unrare as it gets ;-)  (Not that LEGO would bother).

Still I doubt that they'd bring out a new theme just for the ghostbusters... but I probably wouldn't say no ^.^ AS COLLECTOR that is!

For the theme as investment I'd stay carefully sceptical

IF ... they bring out additional Ghostbusters (2016 movie) sets, the minifigs would be from the new movie, and the old minifigs from Ecto-1 and GBHQ would still be rare.

Let's hope that'll be the case, and we'll all dance happily. :derisive:

On 11/1/2015, 1:01:32, stephen_rockefeller said:

I've been trying to figure out all week why people get so butthurt when other people dont agree with their opinion........it must be an internet thing because in real life this debate is a non issue:geek:

All I was trying to sarcasticly point out is that at least give a reason for why you agree or not.  This is supposed to be a discussion forum.  It seems pointless to just snap back at someone with 1 or 2 or 3 word responses.  At the very least it's rude.   I would wager that the vast majority here could care less what a stranger thinks and might actually care about the reason behind the thought.  If I don't agree with someone  but don't want to explain myself I'll keep my opinion to myself because I am positive that people couldn't give a rats a$$.

6 minutes ago, sharky1999 said:

All I was trying to sarcasticly point out is that at least give a reason for why you agree or not.  This is supposed to be a discussion forum.  It seems pointless to just snap back at someone with 1 or 2 or 3 word responses.  At the very least it's rude.   I would wager that the vast majority here could care less what a stranger thinks and might actually care about the reason behind the thought.  If I don't agree with someone  but don't want to explain myself I'll keep my opinion to myself because I am positive that people couldn't give a rats a$$.

My comment wasn't toward anyone here......just an observation of internet behavior in general.

28 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

My comment wasn't toward anyone here......just an observation of internet behavior in general.

Sure.  I didn't take offense.  I just wanted to explain a bit further.  I'm totally fine with a differing opinion.  I welcome it.  I might even learn something or see something from a different point of view I hadn't thought of before.  I've even changed my opinion at times.  I just don't like bullies and I've come to realize that guy is just a passive agressive bully around here.

Edited by sharky1999

1 hour ago, sharky1999 said:
On 1.11.2015 19:01:32, stephen_rockefeller said:

I've been trying to figure out all week why people get so butthurt when other people dont agree with their opinion........it must be an internet thing because in real life this debate is a non issue:geek:

sharky1999 said:

1 hour ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

1 hour ago, sharky1999 said:

Sure.  I didn't take offense.  I just wanted to explain a bit further.  I'm totally fine with a differing opinion.  I welcome it.  I might even learn something or see something from a different point of view I hadn't thought of before.  I've even changed my opinion at times.  I just don't like bullies and I've come to realize that guy is just a passive agressive bully around here.

going back some pages:

On 1.11.2015 14:24:26, sharky1999 said:

They're both good movies, but I don't consider either one of them cult.  They were both super popular hits when released.  Sure there is a cult following of these movies, but the movie itself I wouldn't consider cult.  That's like saying every Marvel movie about an Avengers character is cult because there certainly is a strong cult following for each.  This is all just pop culture.  BTTF and GB are big pop culture movies of the 80s.

On 1.11.2015 14:31:17, Locutus001 said:

Nope.

"I've come to realize that guy is just a passive agressive bully around here"

... that guy is just a passive agressive bully around here.

... that guy...

That guy? :-P

Can you point out somebody in particular? In any case that sounds terrible.

You can feel free to read my comments about this topic and somewhere there is a longer one about the pros and cons of this set.

I don't feel like writing this over and over and over again so you got a one word response from me.

"Nope" as in I do not agree with you and I think you are wrong. Mostly I do not agree with the example you used. Your last sentence kind of counterproves yourself.

Also: "Pulp fiction" is considered a "cult movie". As well as "dirty dancing". And I could name some others but my point being is that if you compare these to BTTF or GB then the usage of the term "cult" is absolutely fitting. And I do not care what you do consider these movies.

"cult movies" influenced and keep on influencing other subjects of our culture. You can often find references to them in multiple movies, books, comics, music, and other parts of our culture. Rocky even got a musical! That might sound "heavy" (hope you get the reference) but that's the way it is.

Now you got your long answer, I hope you can rest well again, I didn't want to hurt your feelings and keep your mind bothered by this. Don't want to be your internetbully. Please take my apologies.

That guy.

Edited by Locutus001
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

going back some pages:

"I've come to realize that guy is just a passive agressive bully around here"

... that guy is just a passive agressive bully around here.

... that guy...

That guy? :-P

Can you point out somebody in particular? In any case that sounds terrible.

You can feel free to read my comments about this topic and somewhere there is a longer one about the pros and cons of this set.

I don't feel like writing this over and over and over again so you got a one word response from me.

"Nope" as in I do not agree with you and I think you are wrong. Mostly I do not agree with the example you used. Your last sentence kind of counterproves yourself.

Also: "Pulp fiction" is considered a "cult movie". As well as "dirty dancing". And I could name some others but my point being is that if you compare these to BTTF or GB then the usage of the term "cult" is absolutely fitting. And I do not care what you do consider these movies.

Now you got your long answer, I hope you can rest well again, I didn't want to hurt your feelings and keep your mind bothered by this. Don't want to be your internetbully. Please take my apologies.

That guy.

Lol!   I can't belive you caved and actually took the time to explain yourself.  I would have had more respect for you if you just ignored me.  I really  don't think you're a bully.  That was me getting under your skin.

10 minutes ago, sharky1999 said:

Lol!   I can't belive you caved and actually took the time to explain yourself.  I would have had more respect for you if you just ignored me.  I really  don't think you're a bully.  That was me getting under your skin.

Nope that was me being me: Being polite enough.

I'm not somebody who wants to bully anyone and if you felt bullied or treated in a mean stupid way and it's my fault then I think there is nothing wrong with taking a step back.

"I would have had more respect for you if you just ignored me".

Well I do not care how much respect you got for me or anybody, but if that's the case you should overthink your attitude I'd say. If your 1999 is a hint at your actual age then you'll probably have time enough.

P.S.

This officially ends this discussion for me now. I'd like to see this thread getting back on track again. Feel free to pm if you want to add anything.

Edited by Locutus001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Haay said:

IF ... they bring out additional Ghostbusters (2016 movie) sets, the minifigs would be from the new movie, and the old minifigs from Ecto-1 and GBHQ would still be rare.

Let's hope that'll be the case, and we'll all dance happily. :derisive:

Maybe it will be similar to the LOTR/Hobbit.  Release about 6 to 7 sets that showcase GB1 & 2, and then have a 7 set collection for the new one.  Then let it ride off into the sunset over the next year or so.  This headquarters set is sort of the "start" of that line, but it just hasn't become "officially official", just yet since the movie is not out until July.

22 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

Nope that was me being me: Being polite enough.

I'm not somebody who wants to bully anyone and if you felt bullied or treated in a mean stupid way and it's my fault then I think there is nothing wrong with taking a step back.

"I would have had more respect for you if you just ignored me".

Well I do not care how much respect you got for me or anybody, but if that's the case you should overthink your attitude I'd say. If your 1999 is a hint at your actual age then you'll probably have time enough.

I don't want to stoke up any fire again, but I couldn't help noticing and finding it curious/typical how an American has more respect for someone to just ignore him, while a German feels necessary to explain himself. As a neighbouring Dutchman who has ample experience with Germans and German culture it's funny to see this cultural difference played out.

Or maybe I'm totally wrong here and see something that isn't there. In that case, please forget I said anything. :lolu:

• Like 1

"Americans" come in all shapes, sizes, and types... and personally, I like it when someone politely and professionally explains him/herself. I wouldn't still post here on BP if the mods didn't keep things civil and lite and the patrons didn't show at least a modest amount of respect for each other.

For the record, I'm a huge GB fan, but I won't be going big on this for investment. Yet. Lets see what demand actually looks like once it's available and TLG's future for the line.

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I like big ghosts and I cannot lie.

Case in point regarding "civil and lite."

• Like 3