75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

On 29/10/2015, 13:12:06, Locutus001 said:
19 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Ecto is now available to order in the EU again. Interesting to see if any other items come back in stock after DVIP

Nice! Hope it will stay in stock now for the coming month. I only have one Ecto-1 and want at least one more! :-)

Want to order one together with the Doctor Who set early next month.

(quoting didn't quite work as intended, obviously... :-P )

Edited by Haay

47 minutes ago, Haay said:
On 29.10.2015 13:12:06, Locutus001 said:
1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

Ecto is now available to order in the EU again. Interesting to see if any other items come back in stock after DVIP

Nice! Hope it will stay in stock now for the coming month. I only have one Ecto-1 and want at least one more! :-)

Want to order one together with the Doctor Who set early next month.

(quoting didn't quite work as intended, obviously... :-P )

^.^ I know the feeling!

I'm still confused about what I had to do with this but well... happy that I have been quoted hrhr.

22 hours ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

I've been trying to figure out all week why people get so butthurt when other people dont agree with their opinion........it must be an internet thing because in real life this debate is a non issue

Disagreeing is not the problem, the way how a person does is. There is a difference between saying "This is not my thing" to "This is dumb and so are the people who made this garbage". (The gist from that latter statement is one I'm used to reading for every original theme LEGO has released lately between Ninjago to now Nexo Knights from this community.) Internet simply reflects real life only in a digital 'faceless' fashion, these squabbles involving some facet of fandom happen all the time. Perhaps not as much as a discussion of politics, finances, and religion, (three agendas you learn to never talk about if you wish to keep any friends) but still there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TheOrcKing said:

Disagreeing is not the problem, the way how a person does is. There is a difference between saying "This is not my thing" to "This is dumb and so are the people who made this garbage". (The gist from that latter statement is one I'm used to reading for every original theme LEGO has released lately between Ninjago to now Nexo Knights from this community.) Internet simply reflects real life only in a digital 'faceless' fashion, these squabbles involving some facet of fandom happen all the time. Perhaps not as much as a discussion of politics, finances, and religion, (three agendas you learn to never talk about if you wish to keep any friends) but still there.

Not buying it buddy...........when is the last time you have heard anyone argue about politics like people do on facebook? When is the last time in real life you have heard someone talk like the people talk in the comments section of youtube? When was the last time you have heard someone passionately argue which is more iconic, ghostbusters or back to the future? Probably never right? I surely haven't and I have more contact with humans than 90% of the rest of society. This phenomenon is an internet thing trust me. All I was saying is real life discussions dont mimmick internet discussions.......at all.

10 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Not buying it buddy...........when is the last time you have heard anyone argue about politics like people do on facebook? When is the last time in real life you have heard someone talk like the people talk in the comments section of youtube? When was the last time you have heard someone passionately argue which is more iconic, ghostbusters or back to the future? Probably never right? I surely haven't and I have more contact with humans than 90% of the rest of society. This phenomenon is an internet thing trust me.

On MSNBC, CNBC, CNN, & Fox News. Well unless they are not counted as people :P 

13 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Not buying it buddy...........when is the last time you have heard anyone argue about politics like people do on facebook? When is the last time in real life you have heard someone talk like the people talk in the comments section of youtube? When was the last time you have heard someone passionately argue which is more iconic, ghostbusters or back to the future? Probably never right? I surely haven't and I have more contact with humans than 90% of the rest of society. This phenomenon is an internet thing trust me. All I was saying is real life discussions dont mimmick internet discussions.......at all.

Most people are far more brave when hiding behind a pseudonym and avatar that has nothing to do with them. My avatar on the other hand... ;)

• Like 1

I will say this.  Many here also decried the ugly blandness of the Jurassic World line before it was released.  Then the movie hit, and the sets got snatched up by mostly kids and collectors and we've seen where that has gone.  So, you never know - if a ghostbusters line comes to light with the new movie and is a hit like JW, this set could be more than a winner.  And then we will be seeing the "in for 2 more" posts as it's released in small daily doses on amazon/target/walmart before going out of stock again.  You never know how it's going to pan out. 

As much as it is a bit bland to me (and I felt the same way about JW), I still will reserve judgement on it's investment potential until things pan out next year.  Who knows, maybe next year, ghostbusters will be a popular choice for halloween costumes and the lego sets will be hard to come by because kids and adults want them too.  I think the potential is there..

24 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

This makes me wonder how you have more contact with humans than 90% of the rest of society (so that would be 90% of the rest of society that is not including you or 90% of the rest of society that is not including this forum? o.O I opt for the first thing or a misformulation ^^)

14 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Most people are far more brave when hiding behind a pseudonym and avatar that has nothing to do with them. My avatar on the other hand... ;)

I like this comment and just wanted to point that out! ^.^  Mostly because of the last part ^.^

2 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

I agree. And of course internet reflects real life. Doesn't matter if the discussions are being made the same way... Some very introvert people might let it all out here, but I like to discuss in real life as well ^.^ Sometimes I have to change my opinion and accept that I have been wrong though. Like many here who don't like the idea of this Set right now probably will do after the release ^.^

7 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I will say this.  Many here also decried the ugly blandness of the Jurassic World line before it was released.  Then the movie hit, and the sets got snatched up by mostly kids and collectors and we've seen where that has gone.  So, you never know - if a ghostbusters line comes to light with the new movie and is a hit like JW, this set could be more than a winner.  And then we will be seeing the "in for 2 more" posts as it's released in small daily doses on amazon/target/walmart before going out of stock again.  You never know how it's going to pan out. 

As much as it is a bit bland to me (and I felt the same way about JW), I still will reserve judgement on it's investment potential until things pan out next year.  Who knows, maybe next year, ghostbusters will be a popular choice for halloween costumes and the lego sets will be hard to come by because kids and adults want them too.  I think the potential is there..

I don't think anyone is saying it is a loser or a poorly designed set, but the terms epic and iconic have been used and we are a long way from that at this point.  Years ago, this set was a no doubt about it winner, but larger sets recently haven't lit the LEGO investing world on fire, especially licensed themes that might be disliked by some members.  Regardless of whether people are fans of the Ghostbusters movies or not, they will still stockpile this set, so returns might disappoint.  I for one hope that the interior of the set dazzles us and makes me want to buy 20 of them.  I'm sure when people see it built at a LEGO store, it will win many people over.  

18 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

I agree. And of course internet reflects real life. Doesn't matter if the discussions are being made the same way... Some very introvert people might let it all out here, but I like to discuss in real life as well ^.^ Sometimes I have to change my opinion and accept that I have been wrong though. Like many here who don't like the idea of this Set right now probably will do after the release ^.^

So let me get this straight........people here have actually engaged in a conversation with someone who was talking like the crazy absurd disgusting comments found on YouTube?  If this is true then those people have won real life.......not the internet.

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

For me it will be very difficult to be as charismatic and persuasive as the person depicted on my avatar.

Edited by Ciglione
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I don't think anyone is saying it is a loser or a poorly designed set, but the terms epic and iconic have been used and we are a long way from that at this point.  Years ago, this set was a no doubt about it winner, but larger sets recently haven't lit the LEGO investing world on fire, especially licensed themes that might be disliked by some members.  Regardless of whether people are fans of the Ghostbusters movies or not, they will still stockpile this set, so returns might disappoint.  I for one hope that the interior of the set dazzles us and makes me want to buy 20 of them.  I'm sure when people see it built at a LEGO store, it will win many people over.  

I agree.  This strikes me similar to the Simpsons House.  That set to this day, remains a big unknown as an investment.  I see this set in a similar fashion. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I agree.  This strikes me similar to the Simpsons House.  That set to this day, remains a big unknown as an investment.  I see this set in a similar fashion. 

Excellent comparison on a smaller scale.  Cool set that is accurate and well done.  I love it and The Simpsons...others don't care for it.  The issue with these sets is that not everyone is a fan, so you are starting off with a smaller pool of potential customers in the future.

9 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Excellent comparison on a smaller scale.  Cool set that is accurate and well done.  I love it and The Simpsons...others don't care for it.  The issue with these sets is that not everyone is a fan, so you are starting off with a smaller pool of potential customers in the future.

27+ years in production - I think we can safely say that they have more than a few fans.

24 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

So let me get this straight........people here have actually engaged in a conversation with someone who was talking like the crazy absurd disgusting comments found on YouTube?  If this is true then those people have won real life.......not the internet.

If you answer my question about how your have more contact to humans than 90% (of the rest) of society I'll answer you ^.^

No okay I'll answer you now :-P

Nobody has said that ever. Only that internet is reflecting real life. Take it as metaphorous as you need it.

12 minutes ago, KShine said:

27+ years in production - I think we can safely say that they have more than a few fans.

But are those fans as rabid enough to pay double or triple MSRP on the secondary LEGO markets?   I know STAR WARS fans are for large and iconic sets.  Time will tell for Ghostbusters fans.