75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

This set looks awesome. I feel like because of the way the building is positioned in real life it should have opened up on the other side. That way you can put it on the proper corner of a modular block and still be able to open it. Maybe I'm being too nit picky. Or is this too large to fit with modular stuff anyway?

18 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Fire Brigade can house a fire truck but this can't house the Ecto-1?  Fail.

After further examination, yes, that is a weak point.  As biking_tiger stated, LEGO did state in the set description that it would fit.  I guess a person will have to remove the desk.  There is a lot more room in the real GB HQ.

ecto_1_magnum_visits_firehouse_interior_

2 hours ago, LegoEdison said:

how to park the car inside? seem like we need to remove the desk on the ground floor?

The desk might not be the biggest problem. It should be easy to move that. But what about the pillar on the section that swings out? Doesn't that interfere with the car when the house is closed?

This set is extremly huge and overpriced - I cannot understand why TLG makes such gigant set for such limited group of fans - how many people is so big fan that will pay so much money? For common fans is enough the car with figs. Ghostbusters has not such big fan base as SW or LOTR - there can be big sets. This set is too expensive for children, and AFOLs will rather pay such money for big landmarks or UCS sets. I really cannot understand, why TLG risks and go to such large-scale set in not so strong licence. The building itself is not breathtaking, as such expensive set should be - and the interior is not so important - AFOLs will not play with it or display the set open. In the end, just the exterior is important and displayed on the shelf - and the exterior is definitely not worth EUR 350.

I think this set will be a fail for TLG and expect big discounts during next year black friday and new years sales.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

You changed your tune!

Come on...I always liked the set.  Just busting some chops around here.  I appreciate any unique sort of set like this.  The only issue I see with this set is how high it can appreciate to.  A $350 set is steep to many people and to see this triple in value might be difficult to do, unless the fan base is rabid and/or it is a short production run.  Add in the fact that it will be highly hoarded and growth could be stunted after retirement.  Pray for a short production run and/or license agreement  with inventory shortages throughout its retail life.  This set could repay resellers back multiple times if things go right....or sit on shelves for years if too popular and mass produced.  

10 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Come on...I always liked the set.  Just busting some chops around here.  I appreciate any unique sort of set like this.  The only issue I see with this set is how high it can appreciate to.  A $350 set is steep to many people and to see this triple in value might be difficult to do, unless the fan base is rabid and/or it is a short production run.  Add in the fact that it will be highly hoarded and growth could be stunted after retirement.  Pray for a short production run and/or license agreement  with inventory shortages throughout its retail life.  This set could repay resellers back multiple times if things go right....or sit on shelves for years if too popular and mass produced.  

At this pricepoint, they should include a risk leaflet marked as high risk investment. Cause there are too many prayers needed.

• Like 3

I'm a big enthusiast on this set.

But I must say that the interior is disappointing. I mean it is a nice interior and the way it folds actually isn't halfbad but the modular way has been more pleasing to me.

I feel like they should have included the complede floors to add them as playpiece or at least some special stuff... I mean where is the containment unit??? There should be a huge one! They could have produced it separately (like with the TARDIS) and you could "play" going down to the cellar where the containment unit is...

At this point I'm not sure how I feel about this set anymore... I'll buy at least one for myself for sure (already got the bricks to MOD is up!).

Maybe it's good as starting point for a better MOC version. Would have MOCed this one anyhow if this set wouldn't have been announced (released).

When I feel that 350€ is too much for a set I have been so thrilled about then something has gone wrong :-P (Still prefer it to the death star *g* )

15 minutes ago, stackables said:

Sets is still a big pass for me.  I didn't see the containment unit either.   I might perhaps try to get some of the figs though.

It's right in the lower left corner on the fold out section under the stairs.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/12191259_10153303117718403_5506922906532727294_o.jpg

I agree 100% it's not as nice as the ideas one but it has a lot of nice features... Not being able to park the Ecto-1 without changes kind of stinks, but the reality is that I think most people who "buy and play" and who "buy and display" won't care. If I display it, the Ecto-1 will be outside on the street visible or "exiting" the HQ or .. something, I wouldn't display it parked in the building.

I was trying to figure out where the piece count came from though... and I was originally thinking it had tons of 1x1 studs, plates and tiles and but that still didn't account for it... Then I realized - outside red/inside tan. To my knowledge, that's the first "modular" with a double wall so that the inside could be a different color than the outside. That's a win right there. Ed - feel free to use that in your next book. ;)

• Like 3