75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

1 hour ago, TheOrcKing said:

So now we are complaining about how the backside of the set looks....the area when on display is typically up against a wall nobody sees or cares about.

I can see it now: December 2019: an eBay buyer asks for $50 off a new in box HQ because the back is incomplete.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2015 at 6:28 PM, TheOrcKing said:

So now we are complaining about how the backside of the set looks....the area when on display is typically up against a wall nobody sees or cares about.

Not everyone has a wall to the back of their sets. Inside a city you got to have something behind that building, something as big. That will be a little difficult to do. It might be better to "complete" the set properly.

This set sold-out in the first 30 minutes at my store today. There was a decent line outside the store before it opened and it seemed that people's targets were across the board. Some for BB, GBFHQ, Star Wars, architecture, Nexo, Marvel, or DC. It was interesting to see what people were loaded up with.

I picked up GBFHQ, BB, and the lone SW Microfighter set.

I'm somewhat on the fence about buying this set (for my personal collection). I have the feeling that if I would put it into my Modular city, it would look the wrong scale compared to the other buildings. Like in this picture that I found on the internet (this was a MOC not the official set)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92672&st=0

If anyone here's doing something like that, could you post some pics?

5686e4f7958f1_ImageUploadedByBrickpicker

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Why do you always feel it necesary to translate the cost to dollars? This is a global website, your currency is euro, just quote euro prices.

I'm not on here often. On first look it always looked $ to me. Perhaps most of replies to my posts come from US forum members.

27 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Why do you always feel it necesary to translate the cost to dollars? This is a global website, your currency is euro, just quote euro prices.

Perhaps because it is a reasonable (and considerate) thing to do (since most users are from the US, and the USD is likely the most globally understood valuation).

Either way is fine, and it is their choice - why would you be so bothered by it?

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

I'm somewhat on the fence about buying this set (for my personal collection). I have the feeling that if I would put it into my Modular city, it would look the wrong scale compared to the other buildings. Like in this picture that I found on the internet (this was a MOC not the official set)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92672&st=0

If anyone here's doing something like that, could you post some pics?

5686e4f7958f1_ImageUploadedByBrickpickerForum1451681305.389836.jpg.6b67582cf9eea12b8ffb06bc6c64c9c2.jpg

Wow, didn't realize it was bigger than Town Hall.

40 minutes ago, KShine said:

Perhaps because it is a reasonable (and considerate) thing to do (since most users are from the US, and the USD is likely the most globally understood valuation).

Either way is fine, and it is their choice - why would you be so bothered by it?

Because our currency is the euro, not the dollar and I think most users are savvy enough to be able to do a translation between 2 of the biggest world currencies in their head without it being fed to them. 

• Like 1