75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

I agree, it looks way out of proportion to the other modulars. It's almost as if it were made to be in scale with the mini figs. The rooms are a lot larger than rooms in the regular modulars. I imagine, all of the modulars would be that large if they made the rooms larger in those too. That being said, i doubt the modular line would sell as well if every one cost $350 instead of $160. 

16 minutes ago, jal4u2c said:

I agree, it looks way out of proportion to the other modulars. It's almost as if it were made to be in scale with the mini figs. The rooms are a lot larger than rooms in the regular modulars. I imagine, all of the modulars would be that large if they made the rooms larger in those too. That being said, i doubt the modular line would sell as well if every one cost $350 instead of $160. 

I'm not knocking either one. I just think the Ghostbusters set was meant to be a stand alone sort of deal.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Because our currency is the euro, not the dollar and I think most users are savvy enough to be able to do a translation between 2 of the biggest world currencies in their head without it being fed to them. 

That only explains why someone should choose to do as they please (not why you should dictate what they should or shouldn't be choosing).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Nice build so far. I am not a GB fan so I wouldn't pay $350 for this. Mostly large elements with the bathroom being the most detailed area even has pee on the floor. 

What about the value for your $350?  Do you feel you get $350 worth of Lego set?  You seem to build quite a few of the larger sets, just curious how this stacks up in you opinion.

34 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

What about the value for your $350?  Do you feel you get $350 worth of Lego set?  You seem to build quite a few of the larger sets, just curious how this stacks up in you opinion.

I still have bags 10-14 (3-4 of each number) until I am done. Piece wise that's about the equivalent of a Millenium Falcon 75105 so I will wait to make my final judgement. I think for the amount of elements you get you are getting your value in Lego even with the use of approximately 20 1x5x6 panels. I think they cheapen the build of most sets in appearance and sturdiness like the Kwik E Mart. I would much prefer brick built but that would be 100 1x2 and 100 1x4 so 200 bricks in place of 20 panels so I can understand the cost saving. As far as value of the build so far i would say no but that is because the designer replicated the real building, e.g., the beds are small and inferior to what is found in the Simpsons House, also a recreation of a "real" building. Also, unlike  the new modulars there is a lot of unused space, once again to replicate the original, so on the first floor where the Ecto -1 kinda goes if you move the desk you could fit a Corner Deli. A lot of the larger elements go into the build of the double wall so you have different colors on the exterior then the interior, but gain no size to the structure, so this becomes very repetitive and it is to the point where I know longer need to look at the instructions when building the exterior. 

I will update with final judgement when completed. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I still have bags 10-14 (3-4 of each number) until I am done. Piece wise that's about the equivalent of a Millenium Falcon 75105 so I will wait to make my final judgement. I think for the amount of elements you get you are getting your value in Lego even with the use of approximately 20 1x5x6 panels. I think they cheapen the build of most sets in appearance and sturdiness like the Kwik E Mart. I would much prefer brick built but that would be 100 1x2 and 100 1x4 so 200 bricks in place of 20 panels so I can understand the cost saving. As far as value of the build so far i would say no but that is because the designer replicated the real building, e.g., the beds are small and inferior to what is found in the Simpsons House, also a recreation of a "real" building. Also, unlike  the new modulars there is a lot of unused space, once again to replicate the original, so on the first floor where the Ecto -1 kinda goes if you move the desk you could fit a Corner Deli. A lot of the larger elements go into the build of the double wall so you have different colors on the exterior then the interior, but gain no size to the structure, so this becomes very repetitive and it is to the point where I know longer need to look at the instructions when building the exterior. 

I will update with final judgement when completed. 

Sounds like I need to pick up a few for my parts store :) BL value of the parts is >$1000 :)

I have to say, that the final outcome of the set was actually very impressive.  It's full of detail and don't let the pictures fool you, it's actually a seriously huge set.  It sits on a 32x48 stud base.  1 32x32, and a 16x32.

Overall, I really feel you get your money worth out of it.  It's not like the tower bridge where you have half the set as cheese slopes.  You get tons of bricks, and plates, and bigger elements that add to the weight.  I also love the fact that they double walled it so you don't have the mismatch of colors that you see in the modulars, and even the Simpsons House.

My biggest gripe is the freaking back.  The double walled 3 of the sides, but the back is single walled and just looks horrible IMO.  It's really unfortunate too, because outside of the that, I had a lot of fun building it and watching the movie in the background.

I would say, as a fan, I would get this set.  If you aren't, I can see why some people think $350 is overpriced for an oversized 'modular' as it were.

Oh yeah, one last observation, for those complaining about having to move stuff in order to put the Ecto inside, I understand your gripe, but once you put this thing together, you'll understand why they did it that way.  In order to fit the ecto inside, they would have to add probably at least another 10 studs length wise, and a couple more width wise, and once you take into account the double walls, the piece count would explode and balloon out of control.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, rshafer23 said:

Considering purchasing this to build. Haven't been in Legos long enough to have experienced Lego store double VIP.  During VIP events do sets such as this sell out and if so how quickly (min, hours, days)?  Thanks! 

Not everyone has $350 laying around to buy this kind of set.  And, even if it does go out of stock, the run will be a few years and you may have a delay of a few weeks, if that...hardly anything to worry about imo. 

• Like 1

Considering purchasing this to build. Haven't been in Legos long enough to have experienced Lego store double VIP.  During VIP events do sets such as this sell out and if so how quickly (min, hours, days)?  Thanks! 

The ones to watch would be the exclusives that may be EOL...

• Like 1

Is there any chance there will be any discount on this set in the future?

I want to buy one for myself and one as an investment.

I also think i will buy one next month with double VIP points. It gives a discount of €40 for the next purchase. Im also think To buy it and sell it whit no profits, just for having the points. And then buy another one. Is that a good idea of not?

1 hour ago, Freyke said:

Is there any chance there will be any discount on this set in the future?

I want to buy one for myself and one as an investment.

I also think i will buy one next month with double VIP points. It gives a discount of €40 for the next purchase. Im also think To buy it and sell it whit no profits, just for having the points. And then buy another one. Is that a good idea of not?

That will only work if you don't need to pay shipping or fees, or if you find a really silly buyer who wants to buy from you for an increased price. So you'd need to put it on marktplaats e.g. and offer perhaps a few Euro off .. you'll make a slight loss but get the points.

You would then be able to buy it cheaper from a normal store when it becomes a non SAH exclusive. Also, it should be cheaper to source in Gemany where RRP is lower. Not worth risking a ban and loss of VIP points for so little gain, though - it´s exactly why Lego are banning resellers who flip current sets.

Edited by Val-E