75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

1 hour ago, Manse1001 said:

Maybe they'll reduce to £275 next week so everyone will feel like they are getting a deal !!! :derisive:

I think legally in the UK they have to have it at a certain price for at least 6 weeks before they can advertise any reduction as a discount/saving. I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Metin said:

I think legally in the UK they have to have it at a certain price for at least 6 weeks before they can advertise any reduction as a discount/saving. I could be wrong.

You maybe right, I was more commenting in jest though to be honest.  However, they do have huge signs up in store stating that will price match any other shop (I've done this many a time) so they will price match the Lego store and John Lewis at £275 so bit of a fools errand pricing at £300!?  For those that have TRU Discount cards or have racked up a few £10 vouchers due to their recent promotion you could grab this set at quite the 'discount'.

Unfortunately you can't stack those gift cards.  Otherwise I could have a free one lol

Oh OK, the women in TRU told me you can stack the Lego ones up and the other standard ones up but you can't combine the two, if that makes sense? I guess we won't know for sure until the 18th!?

It would make life easier for me if that was true.  I've got 16 of each for in store and another 4 of each online

Haha!! Christ you must have done a fortune!!!! Lol it is a great deal though, especially if you can combine the cards, I might pop in at the weekend and ask. If I can accumulate I was hoping to bag a UCS tie fighter!!

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, shortyz said:

i built this and its pretty amazing on the inside, but ill be quite honest i do not want to build another wall ever again. UGHHHHHH red and gray red and gray.

I'm opening bag 10 as we speak.  The gray brickwork on the outside really turns me off. 

12 hours ago, shortyz said:

i built this and its pretty amazing on the inside, but ill be quite honest i do not want to build another wall ever again. UGHHHHHH red and gray red and gray.

The inside of the build was fun, but the walls would occasionally get tedious, but for the final result, it's amazing.  Of course they could've single walled it and it would've looked way off and everyone would complain.

Just now, citymorgue said:

The inside of the build was fun, but the walls would occasionally get tedious, but for the final result, it's amazing.  Of course they could've single walled it and it would've looked way off and everyone would complain.

I can't wait to build it.  I just don't know where to put it afterward.  It would only last on the dining room table for a couple weeks before being thrown out in the street.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I can't wait to build it.  I just don't know where to put it afterward.  It would only last on the dining room table for a couple weeks before being thrown out in the street.

It's tough, because it's so damn big when it's finished.  It's hard enough finding space for when it's closed, even more so to find it big enough so you can display it with the insides open.  Although having it open is the best way to display it in my opinion.  If you can figure that out, you'll be golden!

• Like 1