TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

On 12/14/2017 at 11:21 AM, flord said:

I doubt Lego is getting hurt. They still make their margin when they sell to Amazon, regardless of what Amazon sells it for.

Lego is still hugely profitable, just not as profitable as last year.

Short term LEGO is not getting hurt. Long term, the brand will hurt if the sales continue on. The market is telling screaming NOT to pay retail price for LEGO because retailers will slash them with 20-50% off every couple of weeks. Plus the remakes that is happening over the last couple years, all the little things will start to compound.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tacsniper said:

Short term LEGO is not getting hurt. Long term, the brand will hurt if the sales continue on. The market is telling screaming NOT to pay retail price for LEGO because retailers will slash them with 20-50% off every couple of weeks. Plus the remakes that is happening over the last couple years, all the little things will start to compound.

market is slowing down by alot...   years before, when an exclusif got a 20%-25% off... it's sold out very quick in mins our max hours.... not weeks like now.

I do think a lot of people are not investing in those anymore.. I do think alot of them were going to resellers and not consumers.

Edited by TargetZero
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2017 at 2:57 PM, Substored said:

LEGO Star Wars StarScavenger 75147 half price AND BOGO on the website.. must be an error. 

When i tried to order online it gave me an error. so im guessing it wasnt correct. So i went into TRU today and found 2. Went up to the cashier and they scanned in as 29.97 each. i asked about the BOGO and she said sorry it doesn't apply to sales item.. I then showed her the flyer and read what it said. The BOGO doesn't include clearance (which this isnt) and doesn't include items ending in .94. (this item ended in .97) She then proceeded to tell me sorry it also doesn't include .94, .95, .96 and .97. so i asked hmm where does it say that on the flyer? Then asked for the manager. Manager came over and asked customer service if they could find the sheet that said whats not included in the BOGO. They couldn't find it so she gave it to me. Im usually not such a prick in the stores but it REALLY pisses me off when they advertise one thing and then tell you something else when you get there. And on top of that its supposed to be all ok when they have some home brew print out that refutes their ads. Uggh.. 

TLDR: 29.97 and no BOGO. Unless you push for it. ;P

19 hours ago, Substored said:

When i tried to order online it gave me an error. so im guessing it wasnt correct. So i went into TRU today and found 2. Went up to the cashier and they scanned in as 29.97 each. i asked about the BOGO and she said sorry it doesn't apply to sales item.. I then showed her the flyer and read what it said. The BOGO doesn't include clearance (which this isnt) and doesn't include items ending in .94. (this item ended in .97) She then proceeded to tell me sorry it also doesn't include .94, .95, .96 and .97. so i asked hmm where does it say that on the flyer? Then asked for the manager. Manager came over and asked customer service if they could find the sheet that said whats not included in the BOGO. They couldn't find it so she gave it to me. Im usually not such a prick in the stores but it REALLY pisses me off when they advertise one thing and then tell you something else when you get there. And on top of that its supposed to be all ok when they have some home brew print out that refutes their ads. Uggh.. 

TLDR: 29.97 and no BOGO. Unless you push for it. ;P

It was a mistake company-wide or wasn't but a manager at the store noticed it was half price and wasn't excluded so tried to enforce that it isn't included. I know the majority of the people at my tru are all brand new associates and are completely clueless to these types of questions. The fact that they called customer service is a complete waste of time because I know for a fact that that's not something they would deal with. Complete inexperience at that store like mine haha.

2 hours ago, gravtation said:

Once again TOYS R US are screwing up .. why advertising  DEALS when there's none ...

well... their Lego Batman sticker book is half price.  as is the Lego advent calendars, which unfortunately they would need to be %80 off to be worth a look since they were $9.99 elsewhere already.

Tru is definitely in trouble this year, never seen their Lego aisles still so fully stocked this close to Christmas - it's usually a disaster zone long before now with nothing left but duplo, minecraft & chima.  

One thing I've particularilly noticed this year, pretty nearly every house on the street has had a little pile of amazon boxes on the doorstep just about every day this week! 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

well... their Lego Batman sticker book is half price.  as is the Lego advent calendars, which unfortunately they would need to be %80 off to be worth a look since they were $9.99 elsewhere already.

Tru is definitely in trouble this year, never seen their Lego aisles still so fully stocked this close to Christmas - it's usually a disaster zone long before now with nothing left but duplo, minecraft & chima.  

One thing I've particularilly noticed this year, pretty nearly every house on the street has had a little pile of amazon boxes on the doorstep just about every day this week! 

I was at the Whitby toys r us yesterday morning around 11 and their Lego shelves were practically empty, star wars, ninjago, super heroes and minecraft.  

On 23. 12. 2017 at 11:24 PM, eliminator said:

This is so weird..TRU in US/CA and its countdown shows that there are some 2 hrs and more to Christmas - while the entire Europe already had the the Xmas Eve  .. :)