TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

26 minutes ago, ChristopherJB said:

15% off everything ending with a 9 just today. Can't find much worth buying aside from the Simpsons Kwik-e-mart.

Old Fishing Store, Ferrari F40, Mini Cooper, Caterham, Yellow Submarine are a few more options, but agreed that 15% off retail on these isn't great.

26 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

Old Fishing Store, Ferrari F40, Mini Cooper, Caterham, Yellow Submarine are a few more options, but agreed that 15% off retail on these isn't great.

The Caterham and Yellow Submarine were more than 15% off last time they went on sale so those are worth waiting for. The Ferrari F40 might be worth it. I haven't seen many sales on that one. The Old Fishing Store was around 25% off somewhere a month ago, I forgot, Costoc or Hudson Bay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Codes said:

According to my R Club sneak peek for "Black Funday" deals running from Nov 24-27, all LEGO sets will be buy one get one half price (excluding those with prices ending with .94 and clearance items).

Yup, that means only junk sets are on sale. Kwik-e-mart is a deal. Maybe Destiny's Bounty? I guess maybe the Mini Cooper and Ferrari.

9 hours ago, Codes said:

According to my R Club sneak peek for "Black Funday" deals running from Nov 24-27, all LEGO sets will be buy one get one half price (excluding those with prices ending with .94 and clearance items).

My son wants a couple minecraft sets for Xmas .. they're the same price ($75) so this is a good deal for me. No worries about VIP points or trying to sell freebies to offset the cost.

12 hours ago, Codes said:

Do you know if anything is already on sale (ending in 97 or 95)? If there is and it doesn't specify against it... ;)
This is interesting... I've been pretty excited about Black Friday deals... hoping for a little better than 25% off though. Can't wait to see what's going on with SaH/Amazon/Walmart and Maybe just maybe we'll get some life from Mastermind again! Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, jimmajenga said:

Do you know if anything is already on sale (ending in 97 or 95)? If there is and it doesn't specify against it... ;)
This is interesting... I've been pretty excited about Black Friday deals... hoping for a little better than 25% off though. Can't wait to see what's going on with SaH/Amazon/Walmart and Maybe just maybe we'll get some life from Mastermind again! Fingers crossed!

Sorry, I know nothing beyond what I wrote.  I haven't been in store since the weekend, and that was just to pick up an online order!  However, based on the text, anything ending in.97 or .95 should be fair game!  The question is whether they will have any sets on sale aside from the BOGO 1/2 price offer.

16 hours ago, Codes said:

Sorry, I know nothing beyond what I wrote.  I haven't been in store since the weekend, and that was just to pick up an online order!  However, based on the text, anything ending in.97 or .95 should be fair game!  The question is whether they will have any sets on sale aside from the BOGO 1/2 price offer.

They've got the flyer posted now. Doesn't appear to be any other Lego promotions. Prices ending in .95, are TPR's (Temporary price reductions) which are never featured in flyers, so if you're going in store for any reason, can't hurt to double check. They don't have TPR's very often but you never know. 

2 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

Man... AoH came back in stock but wasn't on the page unless you did a specific search for it, or it's a set you recently viewed it will appear at the bottom of the page... well I saw it at the bottom of the page and it's was 20% off... ending in 97! THERE WAS ONLY 1 LEFT! Gahhhhhh! xD 

I don't think 20% off is cheaper than the 179 that I paid for on Amazon.ca couple nights ago. This set truly sucks as it was constantly on sale for 199 and nobody was touching it.

1 minute ago, ChristopherJB said:

I don't think 20% off is cheaper than the 179 that I paid for on Amazon.ca couple nights ago. This set truly sucks as it was constantly on sale for 199 and nobody was touching it.

I think he was thinking the BOGO 50% would have applied had two been in stock and that would have been better than amazon's sale Thursday night.