TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

16 hours ago, eliminator said:

SW Rebel Combat Frigate now at $83.97 (about 45% off RRP)

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=87397196

actually only %20 off the rrp of $104.99  (it was %30 off 3 weeks ago thou)

even with the hiked value of one of the ugliest minifigs ever made it's barely a usable parts pack of common elements that's not likely gonna break even, even at that discount. (but that may be a reason to invest in itself I suppose)

Edited by Thumper

13 minutes ago, Thumper said:

actually only %20 off the rrp of $104.99  (it was %30 off 3 weeks ago thou)

even with the hiked value of one of the ugliest minifigs ever made it's barely a usable parts pack of common elements that's not likely gonna break even, even at that discount. (but that may be a reason to invest in itself I suppose)

Actually Canadian MSRP was 149.99 - the US was 109.99. TRU reduced price on this and a couple other sets to a new 'normal'.

I sent my father in law with an R club 10% coupon as there were none in stock where I'm at. The additional 10% brings it right around 50% off original price...reminds me of the Tie vs. Awing. Overpriced and not well received, but I made money on all the ones I bought 50% off last year

18 minutes ago, Veegs said:

Actually Canadian MSRP was 149.99 - the US was 109.99. TRU reduced price on this and a couple other sets to a new 'normal'.

I sent my father in law with an R club 10% coupon as there were none in stock where I'm at. The additional 10% brings it right around 50% off original price...reminds me of the Tie vs. Awing. Overpriced and not well received, but I made money on all the ones I bought 50% off last year

still, it's been $105 rrp for quite some time so it's really hard to call it anything more than %20 off really.    same pretty much goes for the attack on takodana and ken's shuttle

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

still, it's been $105 rrp for quite some time so it's really hard to call it anything more than %20 off really.    same pretty much goes for the attack on takodana and ken's shuttle

lol true, but since it is only available in store this might be the last chance for Canadians to get one. Web Warriors was similar with its new 89.99 price and it dipped to $71 yesterday which was enough to get me to bite, and I did the same with the CLAAS when it dropped to $127. I like those two better for future prospects but who knows...this set clearly won't be widely hoarded and maybe the series finale of Rebels will spark some interest. I only have a few at any rate, even at $75 I wouldn't want a dozen of these.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ositosoto said:

Why don't you go and take a look at Amazon and Brick link actual prices for the frigate and after that we can discuss how ugly it is. :) 

lol I can't tell what this post means? 

Amz.ca $149.99 (4 at this price, after that most sellers are $150 + shipping)

Bricklink has I think 20 total units in canada ranging from approx $140 and up

Ebay - can't find any listings from Canadians atm, last one sold was by TRU store on ebay

On 1/21/2018 at 11:48 AM, lobo1969 said:

Weird, its discounted but $104.99 shows as regular price on site.

A quick scan and other sets show at around 30% off too: 60125, 76057, 70352

Nothing to get excited about though but its worth to keep checking the prices I guess.

These sets are still discounted 30% but with the extra 15% off regular prices (ending in .99) these might be more enticing. I picked up some Bridge Battles today.

6 hours ago, lobo1969 said:

These sets are still discounted 30% but with the extra 15% off regular prices (ending in .99) these might be more enticing. I picked up some Bridge Battles today.

It was just an extra 20% off compared to the extra 15% now. Still good though since this is the last call for it.

I'll also be grabbing 1 or 2 more Combat Frigate's if there are any left at my tru tomorrow morning. I haven't had any problems selling this set lately for more.

1 hour ago, jimmajenga said:

It was just an extra 20% off compared to the extra 15% now. Still good though since this is the last call for it.

I'll also be grabbing 1 or 2 more Combat Frigate's if there are any left at my tru tomorrow morning. I haven't had any problems selling this set lately for more.

Need to clarify that the Combat Frigate won't be discounted another 15% because it was already on sale at 20% off (about $84 right now). But the 60125, 76057, 70352 sets are can be had with the 15% discount Fri/Sat/Sun only. I hummed and hawed over 3 Yellow Subs on the shelf for the regular $70 but purchased them at the 15% discount. I think they will do well by next X-mas season.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be some interest using the ebay 20% coupon for the CLAAS Xerion which is back in stock. Shipping for 2 was $4.44 total so will work well if you can get cheap shipping. I had wanted one for a personal build and they sold out fast when TRU had them at $127.97 (similar to this deal) so I was happy. I know there is still quite a bit of stock out there, but great price if you wanted one for yourself. I still think it is a cool set and will eventually rise above RRP...but looks like it might take many months.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

So USA stores are being liquidated but the Canadian locations will remain open at least for now. Unusual situation but does anyone really think the Canadian division of TRUs survive on its own? 

Seems unlikely to me. They will have minimal purchasing power compared to before and will trail even our Walmart’s badly. 

8 hours ago, lobo1969 said:

So USA stores are being liquidated but the Canadian locations will remain open at least for now. Unusual situation but does anyone really think the Canadian division of TRUs survive on its own? 

No timeline on liquidation. It's all speculation. TRU can unload for those so-called discounts and people will think it's a deal. And whatever they are liquidating, I can assure you it won't be lego sets. And yes, Canadian division can survive on it's own. They have less competition. In the US, Walmart, Target and a bunch shops like BBT,  Entertainment Earth etc...are competing with them. Places like BBT and EE sells exclusive SW black series, transformers and marvel legends. You don't have another option in Canada aside from Amazon.ca unless you live close to the border.

well, trying to be positive,  maybe with the decline of pretty much all physical retail outlets for their product TLG can reduce consumer costs by eliminating printed box art, reduce the oversized boxes down to fit the actual product (rather than just taking up space to look bigger and draw attention), also simplify packaging to using glue instead of tape (must be cheaper I'd think). 

On 3/13/2018 at 7:30 AM, Thumper said:

well, trying to be positive,  maybe with the decline of pretty much all physical retail outlets for their product TLG can reduce consumer costs by eliminating printed box art, reduce the oversized boxes down to fit the actual product (rather than just taking up space to look bigger and draw attention), also simplify packaging to using glue instead of tape (must be cheaper I'd think). 

That doesn't sound positive. At least not for business. :)

Whatever you can think of to squeeze an extra buck, I'm sure TLG has thought about already. Why else would they move manufacturing to places like Mexico and China? You could recommend them to move manufacturing to Myanmar or Cambodia and pay workers $1/day. That will certainly help you squeeze an extra buck or so off your next purchase while those earning $1/day will see their family once a week and are lucky to take a shower more than once a week.

20 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

That doesn't sound positive. At least not for business. :)

Whatever you can think of to squeeze an extra buck, I'm sure TLG has thought about already. Why else would they move manufacturing to places like Mexico and China? You could recommend them to move manufacturing to Myanmar or Cambodia and pay workers $1/day. That will certainly help you squeeze an extra buck or so off your next purchase while those earning $1/day will see their family once a week and are lucky to take a shower more than once a week.

naa would cost too much to build up the infrastructure for import/export in such places.