TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

Just now, Veegs said:

I think he was thinking the BOGO 50% would have applied had two been in stock and that would have been better than amazon's sale Thursday night.

That is true but getting 2 would be near impossible. It is this sort of deal that put TRU into bankruptcy mode like what they did last year with the shield carrier and sandcrawler. TRU's system is messed up. Ewok villages for 160 each in BOGO, sandcrawler for 180 BOGO, Shield carrier for 210 BOGO. Those were insane deals. Better start refreshing your browser at around 8:30pm PST Sunday night. They'll probably do another round of that this year. I have a hunch they might put the batcave at 244, then BOGO 50%.

Just now, ChristopherJB said:

That is true but getting 2 would be near impossible. It is this sort of deal that put TRU into bankruptcy mode like what they did last year with the shield carrier and sandcrawler. TRU's system is messed up. Ewok villages for 160 each in BOGO, sandcrawler for 180 BOGO, Shield carrier for 210 BOGO. Those were insane deals. Better start refreshing your browser at around 8:30pm PST Sunday night. They'll probably do another round of that this year. I have a hunch they might put the batcave at 244, then BOGO 50%.

That would finally get me to buy a Batcave!

I don’t think it’s the Lego that puts ToysRUs in bankrupt mode, as most of their business is in the States and they are not known to just hand them out freely down there, on the contrary. It’s probably mostly bad administration and all the rest of the jubk they sell.

1 hour ago, Forsaker said:

I don’t think it’s the Lego that puts ToysRUs in bankrupt mode, as most of their business is in the States and they are not known to just hand them out freely down there, on the contrary. It’s probably mostly bad administration and all the rest of the jubk they sell.

If you buy enough down in the US, you will know why they are in bankrupt mode. When you can stack coupon codes and add in the TRU credit card, everything adds up. They have many blunders. Recently I bought a few Star Wars Black Series Poe Helmets for $45USD each stacking codes and realized it was a glitch. A few hours later, the code was invalid. This is just one of a gazillion examples. Last year, I loaded up on a bunch of Shield Helicarriers (around 269CAD), then they had it go OOS on the website and list it for 210.98 and BOGO 50%. So I practically got each helicarrier for less than 160 each after tax. All I did was go to the cashier and ask them for full refund and repurchase. You need to catch these glitches. For those looking for the batcave, you could literally clean out 20 right now, then if they drop it to 244.98 BOGO 50% in the next 45 days or so, you can bring those receipts to the cashier and do price guarantee. These are system glitches which has been constantly appearing throughout the year and if you are a smart buyer, you can game the system nonstop. I guarantee you a lot of BPer's and smart buyers are doing the same thing without saying a word. I've received messages in the past where people thanked me for these sorts of advice yet some of my posts get deleted by moderators within minutes of my posting because this is supposedly "unethical".

If you buy enough down in the US, you will know why they are in bankrupt mode. When you can stack coupon codes and add in the TRU credit card, everything adds up. They have many blunders. Recently I bought a few Star Wars Black Series Poe Helmets for $45USD each stacking codes and realized it was a glitch. A few hours later, the code was invalid. This is just one of a gazillion examples. Last year, I loaded up on a bunch of Shield Helicarriers (around 269CAD), then they had it go OOS on the website and list it for 210.98 and BOGO 50%. So I practically got each helicarrier for less than 160 each after tax. All I did was go to the cashier and ask them for full refund and repurchase. You need to catch these glitches. For those looking for the batcave, you could literally clean out 20 right now, then if they drop it to 244.98 BOGO 50% in the next 45 days or so, you can bring those receipts to the cashier and do price guarantee. These are system glitches which has been constantly appearing throughout the year and if you are a smart buyer, you can game the system nonstop. I guarantee you a lot of BPer's and smart buyers are doing the same thing without saying a word. I've received messages in the past where people thanked me for these sorts of advice yet some of my posts get deleted by moderators within minutes of my posting because this is supposedly "unethical".

Yup, I’ve taken advantage of your input on the past for sets, so thanks for it. But people who take ‘advantage’ of ToysRUs like you are a minority. Most buyers are the average parent or grand-parent who buys their kids toys, no?
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Forsaker said:

Yup, I’ve taken advantage of your input on the past for sets, so thanks for it. But people who take ‘advantage’ of ToysRUs like you are a minority. Most buyers are the average parent or grand-parent who buys their kids toys, no?

No no no, you couldn't imagine how many people do this. Sometimes when I go for online pickup, I listen to what people are doing. There are a bunch of mommies always squeezing pennies especially in the lower mainland. They would grab flying and start lecturing the manager. Sometimes the manager might say sorry and throw in some free gifts to shut them up. This isn't even with lego, this is with a bunch of playschool stuff which makes me roll my eyes. Anyhow, getting back on track, the only thing I can really see TRU blow out would be the batcave as all the other supposedly soon to retire sets are oos. I was going to pull the same move on the kwik-e-mart and thought I could wait and get it for 169.98 bogo 50%. That strategy failed. Just keep searching the lego exclusives and hard to find, there must be something going for bogo 50% on cyber sunday-night/monday. Start hitting refresh at 8:30pm PST.

• Like 1

40% off today

LEGO CITY Fun in the park - City People Pack 60134
    LEGO SUPER HEROES Tanker Truck Takedown 76067
    LEGO CREATOR Lighthouse Point 31051
    LEGO Batman Movie Two-Face Double Demolition 70915
    LEGO Batman Movie Clayface Splat Attack 70904

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp?hctky=5000004898514&ab=CME%3aTRU%3aTRUCA_1a_DED_Nov28_DailyDeals_112817_FR&hlkid=87f352553b2e49fb9ebdf52708c90764&hdpid=cd14e3be-1be3-4cd0-badc-e134ec8cba6a&categoryId=142320226&csep=cd14e3be-1be3-4cd0-badc-e134ec8cba6a&overrideStore=TRUSCA&locale=en_CA

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dbrouge said:

40% off today

LEGO CITY Fun in the park - City People Pack 60134
    LEGO SUPER HEROES Tanker Truck Takedown 76067
    LEGO CREATOR Lighthouse Point 31051
    LEGO Batman Movie Two-Face Double Demolition 70915
    LEGO Batman Movie Clayface Splat Attack 70904

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp?hctky=5000004898514&ab=CME%3aTRU%3aTRUCA_1a_DED_Nov28_DailyDeals_112817_FR&hlkid=87f352553b2e49fb9ebdf52708c90764&hdpid=cd14e3be-1be3-4cd0-badc-e134ec8cba6a&categoryId=142320226&csep=cd14e3be-1be3-4cd0-badc-e134ec8cba6a&overrideStore=TRUSCA&locale=en_CA

My store had the Tail Gator LBM set 40% aswell. I would've posted earlier but I just saw it now :(

9 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

Investors would avoid it like the plague for now. I for one won't be touching that for the next 6 months. Wake me up when it's BOGO 40%.

So you believe a set which has been only available for very short amounts of time and scarce stock will go on BOGO 40%?  I have bought up many sets at TRU.ca EOY with their BOGO offers but this is one set I don't believe will be go BOGO.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lego rules said:

So you believe a set which has been only available for very short amounts of time and scarce stock will go on BOGO 40%?  I have bought up many sets at TRU.ca EOY with their BOGO offers but this is one set I don't believe will be go BOGO.

next year maybe if lucky

3 hours ago, lego rules said:

How do you know if this is scarce? It's only the first year of this set. When they pump it out in mass quantities, you'll see. Every new set in general is in short supply on initial release. Look at those seasonal sets too. I recalled Santa Workshop shot up to 180USD on initial release, then a year later, lego store was dumping them for cheap, like 69 CAD on clearance in store, add in double vip and snow globe and it was around $49CAD.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherJB said:

How do you know if this is scarce? It's only the first year of this set. When they pump it out in mass quantities, you'll see. Every new set in general is in short supply on initial release. Look at those seasonal sets too. I recalled Santa Workshop shot up to 180USD on initial release, then a year later, lego store was dumping them for cheap, like 69 CAD on clearance in store, add in double vip and snow globe and it was around $49CAD.

This set if nothing else is an excellent price at MSRP for what you are getting.  Stock in general has been scarce, I am not discussing the future as you or I don't know what TLG plans.  What I know right now is that it is not widely available and it is not collecting dust on shelves.  Waiting for any kind of BOGO on a set like that may not work out the way you think it will.  If it does, great, I will buy up way more stock!  If BOGO doesn't come, you are left with none.

Just now, lego rules said:

This set if nothing else is an excellent price at MSRP for what you are getting.  Stock in general has been scarce, I am not discussing the future as you or I don't know what TLG plans.  What I know right now is that it is not widely available and it is not collecting dust on shelves.  Waiting for any kind of BOGO on a set like that may not work out the way you think it will.  If it does, great, I will buy up way more stock!  If BOGO doesn't come, you are left with none.

And the same can be said on a lot of technic sets. I wouldn't wait for BOGO, but on the other hand, I would not overstock this, hold 2 is enough for now. I guarantee you it'll come around again and you can grab it with double VIP and lump in some throw in promo set from lego. There's lots of time to load up on this.

10 minutes ago, ChristopherJB said:

And the same can be said on a lot of technic sets. I wouldn't wait for BOGO, but on the other hand, I would not overstock this, hold 2 is enough for now. I guarantee you it'll come around again and you can grab it with double VIP and lump in some throw in promo set from lego. There's lots of time to load up on this.

I love Technic but the Saturn V rocket is in a completely different league to any Technic set ever released.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Supraboy was in a league all his own too.... oh how we miss those days of "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Supraboy was smarter than most on this board. He was the first one to talk about buying up hot items before the sale, then going back to TRU to get price guarantee next day. Since then, I've been doing that consistently.