Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 4 years later...

One thing I don´t get is why prices in EUROS fluctuate for the Euro data price set. If my dashboard is set to Eur and the data is in Eur then it should always be the same value. If ehe EUR data from Ebay Germany  is subject to daily fluctuation, I guess it is being converted to USD and then back to EUR again then it is not representative of the real prices.....

​Yes all ebay data is in USD (even if its from UK or Germany, all their listings are given to me in USD), it gets converted to the current rates.  It only gets converted once.

Edited by Jeff Mack
  • Like 1

Great double month update. Thank you. 

Found a new odd price.  Added the Electro polybags and it says each one is valued at $163!! Wow, I wish. haha.  I deleted them because it put my brickfolio numbers way off.  Maybe it's supposed to be $16.30 each.  That I can believe because they were until last week.  

Great double month update. Thank you. 

Found a new odd price.  Added the Electro polybags and it says each one is valued at $163!! Wow, I wish. haha.  I deleted them because it put my brickfolio numbers way off.  Maybe it's supposed to be $16.30 each.  That I can believe because they were until last week.  

​The Electro polybag is too new to provide accurate data for the Brickfolio.  It will provide better numbers next month.

​The Electro polybag is too new to provide accurate data for the Brickfolio.  It will provide better numbers next month.

​Your right and the price will probably come crashing down, I have adjusted it by finding the lower priced ones (they were being filtered out because of the high value that was already there, I can't believe how many were sold at those high prices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/371250576915?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Minifigure-Electro-Amazing-Spiderman-2-Polybag-5002125-/291376985649?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Electro-Spiderman-2-Polybag-5002125-/291378831357?

• Like 1

There are some odd price spikes then drops for me in my brickfolio. Set 9471 Uruk-Hai for one. Feb was @ $52 then March jumped to almost $78 and then April back down to @52. Set 70400 Forest ambush went from @ $11 in Feb to over $74 in March then back down to $9 in April. Just thought I'd share.

Edit to add:set 6862 seems to have had 0 sales for March and April.

Edited by CC-Marley

There are some odd price spikes then drops for me in my brickfolio. Set 9471 Uruk-Hai for one. Feb was @ $52 then March jumped to almost $78 and then April back down to @52. Set 70400 Forest ambush went from @ $11 in Feb to over $74 in March then back down to $9 in April. Just thought I'd share.

Yep, Forrest Ambush is sure messed up

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=70400-1

I have quite a few sets which are out. The Agents Mission HQ and Milano Spaceship Rescue are both coming in valued at zero in euro and the Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze is coming in at over 50% below Mrsp, when everything on ebay is over 50% above Mrsp.

​These seem to have been sorted now, Thanks Jeff.

Some may notice a jump in their brickfolios.  I have been working with adding values of the collectible minfigures, so it is not an anomaly.  I have to add a few more series to the price guide pages in case you don't see all them yet.  They will appear automatically once I update them.

Edited by Jeff Mack

I often like to lookup sets, and used to do that from the Forum page. With the update a while back, the input field for set-search was gone from within the forum, but just one click away by using the BP logo on the top left. Since today, that logo doesn't take you back to the main BP page (www.brickpicker.com), but just to the Forum page (community.brickpicker.com). Was this intended?

I would find both useful: 1. an easy way to click my way back to the main page, and 2. a set-search field even from within the forum (how often did it happen to you that someone used a set number you didn't know, for example?).

Thanks.

​Yeah it's because 6862-1 and 6862-2 get their sales data mixed up.  It's the -2 suffix that creates the issue, it happens on a few other sets at times as well.  Jeff is aware of the problem.

Just giving the heads up about the ChowrenToys links in the Price Guide. They all go 404. The site has changed I guess.

​Yes, I need to remove their links.  I have wrote to them about their feed to us, but I have not received anything.  Thank you for reminding me.  

• Like 1

Hello, having a bit of trouble with my brickfolio. Ive entered x25 of the 20303 the joker polybags. Its value has been added to the main brickfolio page, but does not show in my collection. I can't edit/delete/view them. Any help appreciated, thanks.  

Sorry if Ive posted this in the wrong place

The price guide gives information about the actual value of a certain set and a price history for a year. After a certain time span, old entries (I mean the value) will be replaced by newer data. I would like to know, if there is an archive of old prices and if yes, where can I find it? I mean, I've read reviews, where Brickpicker members used price diagrams with data for sets since their release. Thank you in advance!

The price guide gives information about the actual value of a certain set and a price history for a year. After a certain time span, old entries (I mean the value) will be replaced by newer data. I would like to know, if there is an archive of old prices and if yes, where can I find it? I mean, I've read reviews, where Brickpicker members used price diagrams with data for sets since their release. Thank you in advance!

​We have over four years of info archived. We will be coming up with something eventually that will allow people to have access to more information.

• Like 3

Thank you very much. That would be very nice, especially drawing graphs over several years would be a lot more accurate than calculating gaps between known data. I'm actually working with mathematical formulas, which describe those price performances over time pretty well AND accurately, but more data means better parameters and better results.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Price Guide

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but how is CAGR calculated?  No... not the basic CAGR formula... I got that.  But from what date?  CAGR is a measure of annual growth rate starting when? From the day the set was launched?  From the day it officially "retired" ... somewhere in between?

Edited by Kenxxx

Re: Price Guide

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but how is CAGR calculated?  No... not the basic CAGR formula... I got that.  But from what date?  CAGR is a measure of annual growth rate starting when? From the day the set was launched?  From the day it officially "retired" ... somewhere in between?

​Its just by year.  #10179 was launched in 2007, so it works off that year and the current year

• Like 1

I read the last replies can couldn't understand if they were indicating this issue, but it seems like the dates for the graphs are wrong now. It's showing all my recent sets as happening in February (but it's really been over the course of March to now). Also as a suggestion, it would be really cool if it also plotted your "profits" for each month's data point. Basically showing how your portfolio is appreciating over time, not just how it's growing as a whole. Keep up the good work!

​My graph shows the same. I believe I just became a member in April, does that have anything to do with it?