Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 4 years later...

I just did a set by set check on the sets in my EU portfolio and some sets look bang on (SSD, FB, AA) other are over optimistic (TH, HE, HH, 42000) and others look to be a prediction of the bubble bursting (70010, 60022, 21004, 21005, 10237, 42006, 70736)....

Edited by valenciaeric

23 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

Yes, it seems that my growth has nearly flatlined. I stopped buying new retail sets a few months ago, and my current set values have stagnated. If this keeps up I may need to rethink investing in Lego. My own personal preference of course.

I'm curious...How many "retired" sets do you have in your Brickfoilio?

The recent posts in this thread make me scared for people.  If any of you think any investment can have an increase in value with no down side risk you have been fooling yourselves.  A few down or flat months mean nothing in the big picture of Lego investing.  If a flat or down month has you panicking, you better just get out now.  Quit risking your money and move on.  With certainty you will lose money with this very upside down approach and understanding of investing.  Very disconcerting.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, waddamon said:

The recent posts in this thread make me scared for people.  If any of you think any investment can have an increase in value with no down side risk you have been fooling yourselves.  A few down or flat months mean nothing in the big picture of Lego investing.  If a flat or down month has you panicking, you better just get out now.  Quit risking your money and move on.  With certainty you will lose money with this very upside down approach and understanding of investing.  Very disconcerting.

This...

Yes, it seems that my growth has nearly flatlined. I stopped buying new retail sets a few months ago, and my current set values have stagnated. If this keeps up I may need to rethink investing in Lego. My own personal preference of course.

I have a couple. Didn't say I was getting out yet... But I did stop buying for now. I will sit back and assess. Maybe I have been spoiled in that my brick folio value was steadily increasing over the past almost 2 years since I started. I am treading cautiously for the moment. I don't see anything wrong with that as everyone has their own investing tactics.

I have a couple. Didn't say I was getting out yet... But I did stop buying for now. I will sit back and assess. Maybe I have been spoiled in that my brick folio value was steadily increasing over the past almost 2 years since I started. I am treading cautiously for the moment. I don't see anything wrong with that as everyone has their own investing tactics.

You have been around awhile, so I think you know how the typical LEGO set behaves. For those of you who don't, LEGO sets have several stages of performance before and after retirement. When a set is released, many popular and hard to find sets will shoot up in price, only to fall back later when more hit the various retailers. Sets will then plateau for awhile around MSRP, then even drop below MSRP if it gets discounted. Sets will slowly start to appreciate again when EOL approaches, with most sets showing positive growth after it retires. This can take years to cycle through, so patience is recommended. To see positive returns on sets still being sold at primary retailers is uncommon and is not the norm.

1 hour ago, Ciglione said:

There is something fishy about the European value of a new 42000 Technic Grand Prix Racer. Although I would be very happy if this value was true. But it does not seem to be right.

Already reported! I figure that US data has been transposed as some sets are overvalued and they are worth more in the states whereas stuff like Lion Temple has tanked and that reflect US demand.

13 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

An old error has occured again... My portfolio sum is exceeding by 10000 Euro. I can remember that this problem has been reported and solved two or three month ago.

It was only the case when you used a non dollar portfolio.

Mauro 

You are saying it's an error, but what is the error? I looked at your dashboard and overall it looks "ok", at quick glance nothing is jumping out as wrong.  Why do you say it is an error? 

Hi Ed,

as mentioned above the amount of my portfolio is 10000 Euro to much. You can have a look on the amounts of the themes - the sum of them is 10000 lower than the portfolio amount.

(It has been exceeding by 10000 over night - but I have not added any Falcons to portfolio... ;-) )

Mauro

20 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Hi Ed,

as mentioned above the amount of my portfolio is 10000 Euro to much. You can have a look on the amounts of the themes - the sum of them is 10000 lower than the portfolio amount.

(It has been exceeding by 10000 over night - but I have not added any Falcons to portfolio... ;-) )

Mauro

I wish my Brickfolio increased in value overnight without me having to spend more money lol

I am really confused by my brickfolio. I only have around 12 sets, mainly big exclusives but the valuation feature seems way off.

one example is that i bought a tower bridge for the rrp of £209 it is currently valued at £149 new in box. Please tell me where i can find these for that price because i would buy a lot.

i have checked all my settings. currency is set to £ and so is the prIce list but everything is being under valued. It changes through the month aswell. My brickfolio dropped about £200 in one day even though i only have a handful of sets. can anyone explain whats going on or what im doing wrong?

I'm not sure this is accurate, but I'd hazard a guess that UK sellers are purchasing their sets in USD from US amazon etc and getting them shipped over the pond in high enough volume to make it worth while. New TB USD is $236, which is currently translating to £155.

Something else worth checking is looking the set in question up on ebay, and then ticking the Sold Listings box and seeing what they're actually selling for... this should give you a good idea if the valuation is way off. 

24 minutes ago, wubbish said:

I am really confused by my brickfolio. I only have around 12 sets, mainly big exclusives but the valuation feature seems way off.

one example is that i bought a tower bridge for the rrp of £209 it is currently valued at £149 new in box. Please tell me where i can find these for that price because i would buy a lot.

i have checked all my settings. currency is set to £ and so is the prIce list but everything is being under valued. It changes through the month aswell. My brickfolio dropped about £200 in one day even though i only have a handful of sets. can anyone explain whats going on or what im doing wrong?

The data just doesn´t seem to be reliable for any other currency/market than USD/USA - let´s see what future site updates bring.  Big exchange rate fluctuations only make matters worse so your best bet is to double check recent items sold in your target currency on Bricklink or on your own national Ebay page.

I'm a little confused about what the notification bell actually signifies.

Lately, my brickfolio values seem to be fluctuating daily and still do not reflect my local Aussie market. I've been resorting to manual price searches directly through eBay as a result, so I can confirm that some set prices are largely inaccurate.

Also, the price guide listings for each item are still only showing north American listings.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but is there any ETA on when these issues will be addressed? 

Not trying to rush anyone, and I have the utmost  respect for BP admins and mods and all of their hard work done for the site:-) 

In addition to my above woes, I've had some other strange goings-on in my brickfolio

Two items ( 2 x 60020 ) have simply mysteriously disappeared from my brickfolio. When I attempted to re-add them, they still fail to appear in my brickfolio list (even though at the top of my dashboard it says that they have been added!)

5 hours ago, ED-209 said:

In addition to my above woes, I've had some other strange goings-on in my brickfolio

Two items ( 2 x 60020 ) have simply mysteriously disappeared from my brickfolio. When I attempted to re-add them, they still fail to appear in my brickfolio list (even though at the top of my dashboard it says that they have been added!)

I had the same thing. 1 x 60020 and 2 x 60021 disappeared from my brickfolio. Without me deleting them.

This made me decide to keep an excel sheet with my sets as a back-up. Otherwise I might loose all my buy-in information.

• Like 1