Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 4 years later...

Just curious for how majority of you put in your purchase price of a set added to your folio. example: you pay $9.99 for a set, but you had to pay sales tax & shipping. What do you put in under purchase price? In this example I would put the 9.99 and in my notes add the details of tax & or shipping. just curious how others do this. 

1 hour ago, Deanfjr said:

Just curious for how majority of you put in your purchase price of a set added to your folio. example: you pay $9.99 for a set, but you had to pay sales tax & shipping. What do you put in under purchase price? In this example I would put the 9.99 and in my notes add the details of tax & or shipping. just curious how others do this. 

My technique is to log the set  reflecting my out the door cost in real money. I include any tax or shipping. If it was a BOGO discount or I bought multiple sets on an order I try to split any discounts or fixed costs evenly.

Conversely, I don't try and reduce my purchase price by the value of any cash back, rewards, or VIP points until I redeem them and apply them towards a set. At that time I account for them on the set(s) I'm buying. 

I only ever put in my purchase price, without the shipping or tax.

8 hours ago, Deanfjr said:

3rd option...

i keep a spreadsheet of each set with purchase price, tax, dates, rrp, gc discounts, ect.

then just average them out price wise and put them all in bp to track current value estimates.

3rd option...

i keep a spreadsheet of each set with purchase price, tax, dates, rrp, gc discounts, ect.

then just average them out price wise and put them all in bp to track current value estimates.

That's what I do overall too. I've got a pretty extensive spreadsheet setup that I'd like to make into something even better.

But just for Brickfolio use, I just do the base price. But putting your purchase price as the out the door price is an equally valid way of doing it.

I include the total price paid (to include tax and shipping if applicable).  When the set sells I transfer that and wither costs I have to an excel spread sheet taking away the total cost of the set, shipping, paypal fees, eBay fees, and figure out what I actually made.  You really have to do that to make sure you aren't selling sets for a meager profit.  

On 8/1/2012 at 5:37 AM, Ed Mack said:

Hello Brickpicker members...

Jeff and I just added a new feature to the site. If you look at my signature, you will see a summary of my personal "Brickfolio." You now have the option of showing other LEGO investors and collectors around the world your basic data from your LEGO collection. It is in a BETA, or test stage. Try it out if you want and give us some feedback. GO HERE to activate your Brickfolio Badge on your forum signature.

For a limited time, we will be giving Brickpicker members ONE BRICKPOINT for each referral received from this badge that was posted on another site or blog. Please do not abuse this or spam other sites with this banner in an excessive manner. We are trying to spread the word about Brickpicker.com, not get people angry at us. LOL. Also, don't try to abuse it or trick us with false referrals, Jeff is very good at figuring out BS. I hope you enjoy comparing your LEGO collection with other AFOLs from around the world. Please let us know if there are issues or improvements we can make on this feature. Thanks...

Any news on when the completed cmf series values will be up?

I'm in the process of doing some analysis on Star Wars sets and noticed that 7255 General Grievous Chase has seemingly experienced near-catastrophic depreciation lately. Checking eBay sold listings, I do see 3 apparent legit sales since Oct 31 in the range of the current value, but I see more that are significantly higher, closer to historical numbers.

More alarmingly, New 10123 Cloud City took a dive in the US a few months ago - $130 range? Surely some parted out lots listed as "new" made it through whatever filters are in place.

On 3/1/2016 at 1:50 PM, Jeff Mack said:

This set is fixed

You can PM me or list a few sets here that you are questionable on and i will go through the listings to see if anything is there that shouldn't

One thing to note is that one positive thing from this update is that I am not longer getting converted pricing, everything is native currency.  I will double check the Australian output to make sure nothing is throwing it off.

I know you posted this a while ago Jeff. I had an internet outage for a few days at the time so I never got around to this. Once internet was restored, I noticed that there had been a big change in my brickfolio and now almost all of my sets are priced accurately.

Now I am not sure how often the brickfolio prices are updated, but I have a few 70411s (Pirates Treasure Island) and this set is significantly undervalued. The Aussie market is fairly small and there are not many sellers of this set (hooray for me!)

Basically, I've sold two BNIB on ebay in the last month for $44.99 AUD (non-inclusive of shipping) and my brickfolio has them valued at $26.50.

Apart from that, all looks good except for 75002, 75049 and 75055 which all may be valued a bit low.

Edited by ED-209

Hello!

I have recently bought (2) Duplo Sets, Set #2277-1 (Boy With Cat), and Set #2345-1 (Basic House Set) Which is a value set, and also includes Set #2411-1 (Camping)

I would love to add these sets to my Brickfolio, however they do not come up in the database, is there a way of adding them myself? Or do I have to contact someone?

Any help would be great, thank you!

Hi All

Need some advice, my Brickfolio prices/values haven't changed  since Dec and the prices bear no resemblance to whats going on.

For example; Death Star has been £376 since last year, my cost and % profits haven't changed.

Any ideas on getting things rolling again.

Thanks

P.S This is my first post so be gentle

1 hour ago, Pierre lego said:

I have a question related to the brickfolio, I noticed that the chart that shows your investment progress only show the initial month I opened my accound. Why does it not show data for January and February? Mine only shows Dec.

Welcome to the board, Pierre.  I've copied Jeff's answer below, which was just a few posts above yours.

On February 1, 2016 at 0:07 PM, Jeff Mack said:

Its coming, the month just ended yesterday.  Need to have a full month of data before doing the update.  Last update was 12/31

I'm sure this question has probably been asked before, but that's okay cause I am going to ask it again anyway. When are you going to put some values on The Simpsons minifigures and The Monster minifigures? Or is there some way for me to search for the values myself?  It sure will make a difference in my Brickfolio to have those values added on to it.  Thank you very much in advance. Lisa

So Jeff posted a week ago now... Not trying to be pushy, I know the data takes a while to do it's thing before publishable numbers are spit out.... but do we have an eta of new numbers? I doubled my investment holdings from December 1st through January 31st. Yet it alllll shows as being added in December. A good handful of these have retired. I'm just anxious to see the numbers change is all! 

Edited by Zelgazra
Fixed ;)

4 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

So Jeff posted a week ago now... Not being pushy, I know the data takes a while to do it's thing before publishable numbers are spit out.... but do we have an eta of new numbers? I doubled my investment holdings from December 1st through January 31st. Yet it alllll shows as being added in December. A good handful of these have retired. I'm just anxious to see the numbers change is all! 

You're being pushy :jester:. Kidding. In all seriousness, updates don't always occur on a clockwork schedule, but they always occur. Sometimes it's a couple months between updates by the time all the data gets refined and published.

In the whole scheme of things, is your updated portfolio value going to significantly change your investment strategy for the next month? Probably not. 

Not my investment strategy no, but my selling one? Yes. I've recently acquired about 80 used sets. I have to build them, take photos, clean them etc etc. and knowing which ones are hotter than the others at a glance is far more time efficient than looking recent sold listings up one by one and prioritizing ;) 

On January 23, 2016 at 1:28 AM, Deadfraggle said:

My technique is to log the set  reflecting my out the door cost in real money. I include any tax or shipping. If it was a BOGO discount or I bought multiple sets on an order I try to split any discounts or fixed costs evenly.

Conversely, I don't try and reduce my purchase price by the value of any cash back, rewards, or VIP points until I redeem them and apply them towards a set. At that time I account for them on the set(s) I'm buying. 

I report receipt price, also for tax purposes

4 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

@Jeff Mack

Wanted to give a heads up on set 75139 Battle on Takodana.  Brickfolio doesn't seem to have it in the database as I didn't get any results when attempting to add sets.  It let me add it, but it doesn't know what it is.  Thanks.

The latest update is still in process.  The last update was 12/31.  It must not have added to the database until after 12/31, which is why you can add it, but it doesn't have any real info attached to it.

3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

The latest update is still in process.  The last update was 12/31.  It must not have added to the database until after 12/31, which is why you can add it, but it doesn't have any real info attached to it.

Good point, forgot that the set was a 1/1/16 release.  I knew there would be no $$ info on it yet, but was surprised that the database didn't even recognize the set yet.