Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 3 years later...

Hello! I'm new to the site, I came here after buying the book. It's a great source of information, thanks for all the hard work. I am compiling by brickfolio at the moment, and I can feel the urge to collect rising within me!

One question: do you plan on implementing custom time ranges on the price guide graphs? I'd love to see how the price of my sets fluctuated since launch, and especially since they were retired. At the moment it looks like only the last year is visible.

Thanks again.

This is most likely a redundant question, but after much searching, I could not find an answer.  Are there any values attached to the CMF series in the brickfolio?  I added a couple of series in yesterday and they all said a value of $0.00 was added to the brickfolio.  Just wanted to make sure if that was correct or not.  

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BRICKFOLIO Suggestion (s) .

May I suggest for

• a " SOLD ( Sale Price )  / Date of Sale " field to be added to individual set / Item #
  • Remove ( Move Sold item ) to Sales sub Header under Brick Folio ( instead of just Deleting the Item from ( My brick Folio items )

Cheers

Edited by Chen_ah_siao
Typo Error
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just putting a note out there that I am waiting on an updated data for the US from last month+.  File was way too small to be accurate, that is what is holding up the price guide update.  I will let you all know when I started processing it all.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Seeyounexttuesday said:

I think there's been an update and if so I think Milano spaceship rescue, super star destroyer ucs, mos eisley cantina, imperial star destroyer and red five ucs are all low in uk pounds

I didn't review everything yet, but my first quick looks at SSD and Red Five, nothing looks bad there, what are you expecting and please don't quote listing prices, these are based off of sold prices. 

update..Milano looks dead on as well.
update #2.. ISD looks great as well.

Really not sure what you think they are supposed to be.

28 minutes ago, Seeyounexttuesday said:

I think there's been an update and if so I think Milano spaceship rescue, super star destroyer ucs, mos eisley cantina, imperial star destroyer and Red five ucs are all low in uk pounds

Reality bites!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

I didn't review everything yet, but my first quick looks at SSD and Red Five, nothing looks bad there, what are you expecting and please don't quote listing prices, these are based off of sold prices

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=lego+super+star+destroyer&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=wf94sp&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1.  

On on that page there's 29 genuine sales. Some eBay have removed so obviously scams and either one or two are by one user who had 20 is feedback, all in the last month and none were for sales. If they were genuine sales, they for well below normal as a result of feedback.

On the 29 I caculated I got an average of 703 without taking postage into account. If you take postage into account then it's higher. I'll do the others in a bit

Edited by Seeyounexttuesday

You can't really base your findings on how we do ours, they will never line up.  You are scrutinizing each listing which we can't do.  Try and do that for 12,000+ sets manually.  Can't be done.  We don't include postage.  This is just a guide.  I also cut my values off this month at the 15th, so anything in the past few days is not there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

You can't really base your findings on how we do ours, they will never line up.  You are scrutinizing each listing which we can't do.  Try and do that for 12,000+ sets manually.  Can't be done.  We don't include postage.  This is just a guide.  I also cut my values off this month at the 15th, so anything in the past few days is not there.

Ah ok. I thought I once read somewhere scams and unusually high or low sales were removed. If they aren't then yes your figures are right

Just now, Seeyounexttuesday said:

Ah ok. I thought I once read somewhere scams and unusually high or low sales were removed. If they aren't then yes your figures are right

They are, we looks for tons of things, but you are trying to say that our numbers should match up to yours 100%.  I have 7000 listings for the SSD, sometimes the "scam" numbers are so close it will be tough to know.  In this last batch i fixed 13,000+ listings that should have been labeled as used instead of new.  I am not 100% sure if I found every one.  452,000 listings is a lot to parse and know if you got it 100% correct.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

They are, we looks for tons of things, but you are trying to say that our numbers should match up to yours 100%.  I have 7000 listings for the SSD, sometimes the "scam" numbers are so close it will be tough to know.  In this last batch i fixed 13,000+ listings that should have been labeled as used instead of new.  I am not 100% sure if I found every one.  452,000 listings is a lot to parse and know if you got it 100% correct.

Ok, thanks and understood 

Sorry Jeff, not looking to be a pain as I don't work off the Brickfolio values myself anyway, but for completeness sake a good few of the European values look off.

The Sea Cow and Tumbler are too high (maybe a timing issue) and a good few of the Star Wars ones seem too low, such as Red Five, Republic Gunship, Snowspeeder, The Ghost. Also, other bits like Milano Spaceship Rescue and Scooby Mystery Mansion seem off.

I've been looking at sold items only, not listings and to take the Snowspeeder 75049 as an example, my Brickfolio is showing the value as €41.50 new, while in the last 3 months all but one set have been sold for at least 25% more than that and the one that wasn't had a thrashed box. Also take the Scooby Doo Mystery Mansion, I can't see a single sale as low as the Brickfolio Value.