Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 3 years later...
On 7/13/2016 at 5:46 PM, Primaldyson said:

Hi all just wondering when the brickfolio actually updates, it has been a couple of months with no update at all?

9 hours ago, Justy6969 said:

Yes, was wondering this myself. June's values were there for a few weeks, and now have disappeared altogether. Only May's values seem available.

Please be patient.  It's one of the many things that are being worked on, for the site, at any given time.  We've just hit mid month, which would be the earliest the Brickfolios would be updated at any given time.  There's a lot of parsing of data that needs to happen to ensure that the price guide is accurate and doesn't include outliers and other listings that don't belong.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Zender said:

Any word on when the Brickfolio feature will be updated?  It has been a couple of months with no changes I think.  Use the feature a lot :)

I believe it's been well over 6 months since mine has had any change. Perhaps since the beginning of the year.

As a European, the prices usually do not reflect local values as the American prices are much lower than the European ones. Would be nice to have a distinction somewhere in the future. They do this quite well on brickset for showing the Bricklink lowest prices.

3 minutes ago, hadrake said:

Just wanted to let you know that there are no Angry Birds sets showing up after being entered in the brickfolio.

Yea I think it's because they are relatively new and the database hasn't been updated in several months.  Disney Castle and pretty much anything released in last several months commonly missing.  Hopefully an update will come soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schmutz said:

Hi! my first post on this site... I have added this castle to my brickfolio and the current price is showing as £0 still, even though I can see the information looks updated on that site! Any idea why that is? I'm new to this please be nice :) 

It's because the pricing hasn't been updated since July and in July that set was not out so there isn't any pricing information to go off of yet.  When they next update the pricing you should see it adjust to the correct value.  

Just now, CyberLogic said:

It's because the pricing hasn't been updated since July and in July that set was not out so there isn't any pricing information to go off of yet.  When they next update the pricing you should see it adjust to the correct value.  

However if you have DS 10188 in your Brickfolio, you may not want to look at the updated value!

3 hours ago, schmutz said:

Hi! my first post on this site... I have added this castle to my brickfolio and the current price is showing as £0 still, even though I can see the information looks updated on that site! Any idea why that is? I'm new to this please be nice :) 

I just switched my brickfolio over to GBP and it says

Congratulations! You have just added £ 418.00 to your Brickfolio.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Admin

75093 is coming up quite low (only 33 AUD) and 71014-17 German Soccer CMF full sets of 16 are coming up as zero. If you could help me that would be well appreciated. 

I mentioned a few posts ago that Brickfolio hasn't been updated in a long while. On closer inspection I can see there have been changes, they were so subtle I didn't notice (seems that Aussie CAGRs have slowed). It's quite accurate in most entries :-)