Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 4 years later...
On 1/3/2016 at 4:01 PM, Jeff Mack said:

Yes, its open to everyone.

14 hours ago, gregpj said:

Ah, I see.. I know Jeff mentioned earlier that he was trying to sort out some issues with the data but I'm not sure if they are all sorted out. I'm going to move these posts to the thread I know he reads...

Thanks very much.

58 minutes ago, wobbl87 said:

whens season 15 out? Maybe its cause its out soon so the other sets change value? 

45 minutes ago, Pjking said:

I'm not sure to both questions

If you mean when is Series 15 to be released, we have a thread that may provide answers ..

And no, that shouldn't cause values to go missing. I'm sure Jeff has seen the question and will get to as soon as he can.

17 hours ago, gregpj said:

And no, that shouldn't cause values to go missing. I'm sure Jeff has seen the question and will get to as soon as he can.

I wasnt saying it would cause them to go missing, just cause them to be updated possibly. Im new, so apologies. 

14 minutes ago, wobbl87 said:

I wasnt saying it would cause them to go missing, just cause them to be updated possibly. Im new, so apologies. 

Hmmm, good question. It seems the sets of 16 don't have any values at all but do show some sales history in the "graphs" of values. Minifigures like these are some of the hardest to peg values on because the eBay listings rarely follow a specific format. I can't honestly say if the sets of 16 have ever had "values" attached to the BrickPicker database entries? Jeff, I defer to you.. :)

17 hours ago, gregpj said:

Hmmm, good question. It seems the sets of 16 don't have any values at all but do show some sales history in the "graphs" of values. Minifigures like these are some of the hardest to peg values on because the eBay listings rarely follow a specific format. I can't honestly say if the sets of 16 have ever had "values" attached to the BrickPicker database entries? Jeff, I defer to you.. :)

They did until a couple of weeks ago. Im sure everyones just mega busy.

11 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Hey there, just a curiosity.

How do you determine what items end up in the scrolling price ticker at the top of the home page?

Is it based on biggest changes, most popular, etc? 

Just wondering, thanks!

Just recently viewed sets. Rotates every few minutes

On 1/6/2016 at 2:32 PM, Mr_Coat said:

Silly question here, but what happened to the Brickfolio Data Services import function? I imported part of my collection a year back, but when I went to update it this week, the feature is missing...

Just bumping this back up....Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Mr_Coat said:

Ah hah! Thanks, that makes sense. So, it's not like an API call that will do a live update....interesting.

Thanks again!

Like I mentioned in other posts, the brickfolio will be getting much needed love this year.  Lots of things will be possible

I don't have any idea.  I don't know what you are supposed to have in there. The only way I can find out is if you PM me your login credentials for the site you are importing from and then I can see what they are reporting through the API.  I know Brickset updated their API so maybe they are doing it differently now.  I will look into it this weekend.