Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 4 years later...

Sorry for griping. I appreciate the work you do for us.

Believe me, I would be upset too.  It's super annoying to me and must be even more so for the user. It will all be straightened out this week though.  Features will be back, it will look better, be usable.  Brickfolio pages will be updated next week hopefully with the addition of adding in sold profit numbers and stuff.  So good things finally coming, I just need to make sure the data issues are sorted out.  I had to let it run over night, that is the hard part, you don't get to see everything you need to instantly.  I will really dig into it all tonight when I get home from work.

• Like 4

Yes, please bring back the # of set sold/month.

Sadly that won't happen.  It is no longer available to us.  Not by my choice sadly.  A few of these big companies are changing or will be changing the data that is released.  I may be able to replace it with some other data that will be of use though.

6 hours ago, Neosphinx said:

Blue = BP value

Red = Paid

Green = profit

Needless to say the green don't look so good... Are the values fixed or am I too anxious?

It looks like it's taking the "BP value" and subtracting what you paid to get the profit. The profit looks to be between 20% and 70% of what you paid. Isn't that good overall? And it looks like it's getting better and better, until just now, but who knows if that will go back up. One thing I would say is BP's data wasn't (or possibly still isn't) breaking up lots very well, so I saw a lot of sets valued way too high based on average lot prices.

Sorry I'm trying to figure out what's wrong about it.. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Brickson said:

It looks like it's taking the "BP value" and subtracting what you paid to get the profit. The profit looks to be between 20% and 70% of what you paid. Isn't that good overall? And it looks like it's getting better and better, until just now, but who knows if that will go back up. One thing I would say is BP's data wasn't (or possibly still isn't) breaking up lots very well, so I saw a lot of sets valued way too high based on average lot prices.

Sorry I'm trying to figure out what's wrong about it.. Thoughts?

Yes I agree it looks good overall. Just a staggering difference with a few days-month ago. Even now I'm still happy with possible earnings. Simply wanted to check what was going on.

1 hour ago, Ciglione said:

Where did you find this graphic???

I make it Cig, every week orso, I look at my brickfolio and put my numbers in the excel sheet. Gives a nice evolution of expenses and profits

• Like 1

On 10/28/2015, 4:41:21, Zelgazra said:

Been building and inventorying some sets recently, inputting them into the brickfolio as I complete them. This one randomly jumped out as strange to me... how often is the USED value actually greater than a NISB? Makes me suspicious that something is in error!

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=1822-1

As Jeff said, he hasn't been able to fully update the Price Guide/Brickfolio yet due to being forced to make a system upgrade before he was ready.  I have a bunch of goofy data in mine as well, but feel we'll see new numbers come out for September and October when he gets caught up and is able to make a new run on the data from Ebay.

Hi guys,

Just curious why the ribbon on the home page is never accurate with what a specific set is doing as far as increase or decrease in value. An example this morning it says Market street is down like 30% but when you click on it the price guide says up 6%. Just curious what this info is telling us. Maybe Im just not understanding the link.

Thanx for the info

19 minutes ago, longshot said:

Hi guys,

Just curious why the ribbon on the home page is never accurate with what a specific set is doing as far as increase or decrease in value. An example this morning it says Market street is down like 30% but when you click on it the price guide says up 6%. Just curious what this info is telling us. Maybe Im just not understanding the link.

Thanx for the info

Fixed!

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm new to this whole BrickPicker thing and was wondering about the price guide.
How exactly does BrickPicker determine prices? I see that they show listings from ebay and stuff, but do they just go by what people are listing them for, or what the sets are actually selling for.
Just curious.

Thanks for your time and have a great day! :)

Edited by LittleRaven

23 minutes ago, LittleRaven said:

Hi all,

I'm new to this whole BrickPicker thing and was wondering about the price guide.
How exactly does BrickPicker determine prices? I see that they show listings from ebay and stuff, but do they just go by what people are listing them for, or what the sets are actually selling for.
Just curious.

Thanks for your time and have a great day! :)

An average of sold items.  Welcome to the site.

• Like 1

I seem to be in the same situation as CNH1974. 

My total brickfolio value is down 10-20%. Furthermore, when I click on individual item price guides, I only get the ebay listings from eBay USA when before I used to get only ebay.com.au ones on each set's price guide.

I'm speculating that the reason for the drop in value is it seems that the values shown are the US ebay values, which have been converted to Aussie dollars. For example, the valuation on 10218 PS is $215 Aud, which is substantially lower than it is on ebay Australia. NISB, it lists and sells for at least RRP, which is $269 AUD.

• Like 1

I have the same issue. But from what I've heared Jeff and Ed are busy fixing many issues. So we just have to be patient I guess.

As a sidenote... many people rely on brickpicker values. Not only in the US. If the values in Europe, UK and Australia are below real street value it makes life difficult.

• Like 1

Will the Bricklink data be returning at some point?  I really began to find it to be of use in several instances where eBay data is skewed for a variety of reasons.

Yes. Jeff is still working on the page and with Bricklink directly. It's all technical BS that I have no idea how to explain, but Bricklink and Brickowl prices will be on there as well. The way we were doing it before was not the best way and he and the developers over at Bricklink are working on a way to increase performance. As Jeff said, the price guide page had to be changed for it to be compliant with Google's new mobile requirements. It is still a work in progress and things will be sorted out shortly.

• Like 1

Prices should be reporting closer to what you were seeing before in the UK, EU, AUS.   I am still going over it, but it definitely looks better than it did yesterday.  I have been comparing to Bricklink and the 30+ sets that I checked looked to be much better..  

• Like 1