Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 4 years later...

Jeff, re earlier email, I can access the forums but not brickfolio, it doesn't recognise my password when I go to my brickfolio.

​I have you logged out and back in today?  Also try clearing your cookies.  I updated this earlier today and seems like a lot of people are making updates, so it seems to be working.

Jeff, re earlier email, I can now access the forums but not brickfolio, it doesn't recognise my password when I go to my brickfolio.

Update: I can only log in via the new password link via gmail in my instance. I cannot log in via the browser, Safari in my instance. Getting weirder!

​I just logged into your account and went straight to your Brickfolio and it worked fine.  Perhaps try deleting your cookies for this site and then login again?

Yes, this is what happened.  It has reverted back to the feb numbers that were in there already.

​I am curious, when the site updates for Brickfolio occur, in the FAQ it says second week of the month i think. I know the site had updates last week so i am not complaining, i am just wondering if this is going to happen soon?

Thanks

Probably at this point, I will wait until next week to see if I can get the data from them quickly to do two months in one update.   I will see what happens over the next few days, but right now its looking like I will just wait to knock two out at one time.  

With all the upgrades and Spring cleaning I understand that the pricing guide may have taken a back seat, but I was wondering if there was an ETA on a price update?

I've looked through the most recent forum posts within Site Information and Updates but didn't see anything. Perhaps this sort of update is in another section?

Thanks, keep up the great work. Love me some BP!

• Like 1

Hey Jeff, not a huge deal but I did find a typo on an item which made it harder to add.  Not difficult but at first was wondering if it wasn't available, so then I just typed "Duel on" and it came right up.  

Duel on Geonosis on this site is "Duel on Genosis".   Missing the first 'O'.   

Just a heads up, thanks! 

I read the last replies can couldn't understand if they were indicating this issue, but it seems like the dates for the graphs are wrong now. It's showing all my recent sets as happening in February (but it's really been over the course of March to now). Also as a suggestion, it would be really cool if it also plotted your "profits" for each month's data point. Basically showing how your portfolio is appreciating over time, not just how it's growing as a whole. Keep up the good work!

Some values seem to be off in Euros - either that or this a serious correction in prices taking place. Town Hall and Fire Temple have depreciated. SSD and R2 seem to have stalled too.

Edited by valenciaeric

​At a quick look, data looks solid

It seems that the Vampyre Hearse is off by 50% and some mixels as well as they regularly get lumped into lots. 

For me March was up 5.1335%, April was down .59%, 2.27% average for each month, annualized 27.26% per year.  I have an expectation of 30-40% per year compound growth and am on track with that.

​I am on a smaller scale than someone like you but I ran a test by not inputting any sets this year and have seen growth of 11% this quarter after disregarding a couple of outliers.  Very good returns so far

​At a quick look, data looks solid

I have quite a few sets which are out. The Agents Mission HQ and Milano Spaceship Rescue are both coming in valued at zero in euro and the Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze is coming in at over 50% below Mrsp, when everything on ebay is over 50% above Mrsp.

For me March was up 5.1335%, April was down .59%, 2.27% average for each month, annualized 27.26% per year.  I have an expectation of 30-40% per year compound growth and am on track with that.

​Excuse me waddamon, how are you getting these breakdowns?

March and April would appear to have been pretty poor months then. Pretty much all the big exclusives have stagnated or fallen in Euros - perhaps it´s the post Xmas slump.

​It was rough for me too apparently.  My brick folio for the month was up $27 bucks on around 15k in stock.

• Like 1

One thing I don´t get is why prices in EUROS fluctuate for the Euro data price set. If my dashboard is set to Eur and the data is in Eur then it should always be the same value. If ehe EUR data from Ebay Germany  is subject to daily fluctuation, I guess it is being converted to USD and then back to EUR again then it is not representative of the real prices.....

One thing I don´t get is why prices in EUROS fluctuate for the Euro data price set. If my dashboard is set to Eur and the data is in Eur then it should always be the same value. If ehe EUR data from Ebay Germany  is subject to daily fluctuation, I guess it is being converted to USD and then back to EUR again then it is not representative of the real prices.....

I'm having the same thing with UK data.

Edited by neatling