Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 5 years later...

Price guide question: Performance over time - Retail?

I was looking at the price guide for the Parisian restaurant set 10243

And it say 58.84% for the Retail row on the performance over time  tab for UK new set.

What does that mean? I don't think the price has gone up by that much from retail value?

Wanted to update the sets that I noticed are missing that I posted last week because I also found that the DDC has no value which surprised me.  

To recap:

Double-Decker Couch (no value)

AT-DP Polybag (no value)

Friend Mini Golf Poly (no value)

Flower Cart Poly (no value) 

Death Star Troopers (price adjustment) 

Mixels Series 4 (no values)  

...and also should we be expecting a full price guide update soon for January?  

THANK YOU! Brickfolio is my fav part.  Also thought I heard Jeff say something about a major Brickfolio update in the works also.  Sounds awesome.  

Hi, my tables are stuck, with December being the last date. I've cleared my cookies and tried logging on from different devises, but I can't get it to update.  

Is it on a several moth delay?  If not, am I doing something wrong? Any guidance is appreciated.

Hi, my tables are stuck, with December being the last date. I've cleared my cookies and tried logging on from different devises, but I can't get it to update.  

Is it on a several moth delay?  If not, am I doing something wrong? Any guidance is appreciated.

Jeff gets the data about a month behind, then he spends a few weeks sorting/sifting through it with some automated tools... So yeah, it's not stuck, it's just not there yet.

There is a thread somewhere on the forum about how it works.... Just can't seem to find it. Maybe you couldn't find it either? :pleasantry:

Merged with existing Brickfolio thread.

January data will be out very shortly I would presume.

Price guide question: Performance over time - Retail?

I was looking at the price guide for the Parisian restaurant set 10243

And it say 58.84% for the Retail row on the performance over time  tab for UK new set.

What does that mean? I don't think the price has gone up by that much from retail value?

Anyone has an explanation for this?

Also another question of CAGR for current set. what is is based on???

I'll have Jeff take a look at that.  It doesn't look right.  Thanks

Hi Ed/Jeff,

I finally worked out why this is the case. The performance was calculated by using the new price in USD divided by the retail price in GBP.

In  this example, the current new price is

75034 Death Star Troopers - Not sure why it shows value at $32.99 when it is still available at retail of $12.99.  I wish it were that price as I own it but not understanding this. 

We went through a similar issue with Kashyyyk Troopers a while back.

General advice to anyone looking at these and future "battle pack" sets - the value is likely to be skewed quite high until a good method is developed to weed out the minifig lots listed on eBay (typically as "new") under the set number. It is common for a 10x lot to go for ~$40 (especially early in set life) and these sold listings seem to work their way into the database.

Hi!

i just wonder why it takes so long to update the brickfolio info stats, today 24th of feb still no update for january market value?

Or im a missing something?

grtz,

Sp.

Because it's free, Brick Classifieds is coming, forum updates, and we just gained a new partnership with Bricklink.  Did I mention it's free?

• Like 1