Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 5 years later...

Don't they confuse your average % ROI numbers? Or you creatively exclude them?

They don't. I have two ROI % numbers: one my for investment sets, and the other for all the sets in my collection. All the sets that have the crazy profit % are in my collection. If I did combine them, they ROI would be substantially different.

Is there a way to aggregate the data in the "theme value change from previous month" for the whole brickfolio?  The overall brickfolio value change at the top of page isn't as useful to gauge brickfolio value appreciation because it includes the total value of sets added that month as part of the value increase.  This gives an accurate picture of the brickfolio value growth, but not appreciation (or return on investment) from last month to this month.

Right now I hover over the top 10 themes and add the values manually to gauge my monthly return.

Up 3.5% last month which is most likely conservative. I have to say so far this game is subatantially better than the rigged stock market. The key is not to crack as emazers calls it and being patient. I do think friends will be leaving me over the next 8 months. Been overall great performers but all these smaller sets need to go.

Is there a way to aggregate the data in the "theme value change from previous month" for the whole brickfolio?  The overall brickfolio value change at the top of page isn't as useful to gauge brickfolio value appreciation because it includes the total value of sets added that month as part of the value increase.  This gives an accurate picture of the brickfolio value growth, but not appreciation (or return on investment) from last month to this month.

Right now I hover over the top 10 themes and add the values manually to gauge my monthly return.

Not right now.  There will be a lot of new additions and improvements to the updated Brickfolio, but getting the Classifieds launched early next month is taking priority.

eh, the stock market has more potential overall, but this type of investing is more fun and a lot easier to pick the winners.  trade-offs being it is a lot harder to get your money into and out of Lego's than the stock market, and the fees involved in selling via online marketplaces are substantially higher than trading stock. 

eh, the stock market has more potential overall, but this type of investing is more fun and a lot easier to pick the winners.  trade-offs being it is a lot harder to get your money into and out of Lego's than the stock market, and the fees involved in selling via online marketplaces are substantially higher than trading stock.

This is the wrong thread for this discussion but i whole heartedly disagree, with the exception of liquidity. Stock market can help you loose money and get at the losses faster. Illiquid investments tend to do better. In the lego game at least we don't have derivitives, shorting, naked shorting, stock buybacks, fruad, funny money in the corporate books etc., GAAP. If last year were excluded from the s&p and the dow over the prior decade the stock market would have accomplished nill, except make people in my profession fees along the way. Everyone forgets the bad times and adopt itlrrational exuberance. I may start another thread that compares various asset classes for investment purposes talking about these various issues.

I am trying to figure out if I am using Brickfolio correctly as my Brickfolio seems not working at all.  It seems to me that the date of purchase entry is useless as my portfolio value is always zero except the current month.  In other words, the Brickfolio chart and number of set chart are pretty much useless as it reflects nothing historically at all.  I can't see the change of my Brickfolio value by month like I always do in my stock portfolio.

I am trying to figure out if I am using Brickfolio correctly as my Brickfolio seems not working at all.  It seems to me that the date of purchase entry is useless as my portfolio value is always zero except the current month.  In other words, the Brickfolio chart and number of set chart are pretty much useless as it reflects nothing historically at all.  I can't see the change of my Brickfolio value by month like I always do in my stock portfolio.

The date of purchase is currently for your records and future Brickfolio improvements.  Like we have stated many times in the past, there will be an update on the Brickfolio in the future and many issues will be addressed.  This is the second version and there will be a 3.0 version and probably a 4.0 version after that.  We are always improving and tinkering with the site.

We know this is not as complicated as many stock portfolio sites.  but this is all time consuming and complicated programming.  It is hard for Jeff to farm this sort of work out to others because he doesn't want to show the code to anyone.  The Brickfolio will eventually be tied into the Classifieds so people can keep track of inventory.  It all takes time and the Classifieds are next up.  

Hi guys, are you still planning to fix the issue between US nad non-US data  for the Brickfolio? This thing is still way off charts.

I know you're busy with Classified, and I/we are patient for this fix, just wondered if it's still on the agenda to get fixed.

Explain.  

My apologies if this has been covered - searching from the app hasn't turned up anything.

Is there a plan to add a 'cost average' feature for duplicate sets as we acquire them at different prices?

Thanks for all your hard work on this site.

I end up doing this manually for any sets bought in a close timeframe. Other than that I'll make separate listings for them

Explain.  

Just citing the comment from another forum member a while back on P3, please read bellow

And when will this be corrected so that the actual prices are shown for Europeans (and all other non-US folks) as well?  :shifty:

The Brickfolio is, at least in its current state, rather useless for non-US Lego investors.

Besides, the information on Prices and Performance is oddly off as well. Check this out for example:

10228 Haunted House

In the according section it notes a 28.71 % increase in price from retail for Europe. However, on top of the site, the current worth a new set is given with approx. 170

I can't upload an image to show you, unless it's a link to another website. How do I show an image?

It's not just the Imperial shuttle either. I do have my Brickfolio set up to GBP currency, and I do enter my prices in GBP as I bought them. Then Brickfolio estimates the value of my sets new & old based on the ebay.com prices, judging by which, my collection is well under estimated.

In order to see what a set is worth eventually, I have to click on it, scroll way down to the eBay listings and click from the drop-down menu and select ebay.co.uk instead of ebay.com. That way the local listings appear and this is the only way to get local & accurate data.

For what its worth, the graphs and charts are only working if your sets are in dollars and you live in the us.