Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 5 years later...

There has been an overwhelming wave of questions lately for questions about the Brickfolio, its features, how to do this or that, etcetera, therefore I am pinning this thread for all Brickfolio related questions. The many older topics on the subject will be merged into this one in due time.

• Like 1

Hi and friendly greetings from Austria (Europe),

I hope that this is the correct thread to ask about a problem with my Brickfolio.

I tried to add some of the new Mixels (41510, 41511, 41514, etc.) with the corresponding data (price, date of purchase etc.). 

When I pressed the button "Submit", I got the usual comment "Success : The set was inserted into your Brickfolio!" .

Then I entered some wrong data and wanted to edit it, but when I was searching for that set, I got the message "Sorry! There are no results for this search!".

So I started to search for the previous entered Mixel-Sets as well, but none of them could be found although the number of total sets increased to 471 (5 new Mixel-Sets and 4 further attempts).

Before that, there were 462 total sets.

I decided to export the data base in an excel sheet and the Mixel-Sets aren't there either. And the number of total sets is only 462.

So, has any of you guys heard of this problem?

Could this be due to the above mentioned system update?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi,

I'm wondering how the current price value is calculated in the Brickfolio? For instance, I have a couple of 60010 sets that the current price shows $46.45. If I go out to Ebay, the highest selling price I see out there over the last couple of months is around $42.00. How is the $46.45 price being arrived at?

Thank you

It depends on how many sets are sold in a current month.  This set here does not seem to be a big seller on eBay.  In a case like this, we will take the price from the last 15 sales.  A set like the new Ghostbuster set had a large amount of sales so there is a lot there to base a good average on.  This set is basically being averaged across the past 3 months (last 15 sales).  Over  that period of time there have been sales in the $50 range which brought it up a little, now it may start to settle back down.  Remember we only base these prices off of SOLD sets.  We don't care what they are listed at, only what sells.

I would like to take the oppurtunity to thank you guys for making this all possible and compliment on the brickfolio tool. Cannot wait for the update with even more features. I only recently discovered some extra features which I did not know existed.

However, I have some questions/comments which maybe you can answer/solve:

In the upper left screen of the site you can enter a set number and then find the set information. But sometimes I do not know the set number. Is it possible to search on set name? And if the name is not complete put like a jolly to get results that match or contain that name?

The sets I bought and added in June are also calculated in the growth of my portfolio. So the percentage growth of the value of my brickfolio goes up very high. This somewhat blurs my view. I thought that if you buy a new set the value rise will only be compared to last month's value of that set. And not a growth of 100% cause it is the first of that set I add. 

Hope I made myself clear.

Sealed cases of Team GB --- even after paying a premium to get them shipped from UK --- would have been a great idea. Excuse me, I'm still kicking myself.

Other than that, I just have a couple of sealed Lego Movie and Simpsons cases I'm holding onto, aside from the ones I've opened (to get the figures I want for myself and to sell the rest). I'm not holding my breath, but will still wait a couple years to see what happens.

I think they might but I'm not sure.  I hope the sealed packs at least would be added.  I have a bunch of Simpsons sealed packs that I can't add to my Brickfolio that I would like to add.  Minifigures are tricky since people modify them and there are so many out there.  I think that would be a huge project.

Sorry for the whole newbie dredging up an old topic thing, but it sort of alludes to what I've been thinking recently.

With the collectible minifigs, they seem to have set numbers for Brickfolios etc. Would it be fair to say that the lack of pricing info on these is because eBay sellers predominantly fail to include this information in their listings?

Sorry for the whole newbie dredging up an old topic thing, but it sort of alludes to what I've been thinking recently.

With the collectible minifigs, they seem to have set numbers for Brickfolios etc. Would it be fair to say that the lack of pricing info on these is because eBay sellers predominantly fail to include this information in their listings?

That is exactly the reason.  How many listings do you see where the seller has the actual Lego numbering to go along with it? I know I never did when I sold them, because nobody searches them that way. 

So if BP sellers started the practice, while it may not help your figs in search results, it will at least begin to capturesome iinsightful data here.

The best way to check the value of the minifigure that don't have any data is to look through eBay's sold listings for the minifigures and figure out a value from there.

The best way to check the value of the minifigure that don't have any data is to look through eBay's sold listings for the minifigures and figure out a value from there.

I concur, and do that currently. I guess I just like the idea of more accurate data being available to capture here.

So if BP sellers started the practice, while it may not help your figs in search results, it will at least begin to capturesome iinsightful data here.

Yes, it would definitely help.  I usually sold mine in bulk, though, so I wouldn't have been a very good spokesman for the cause.  Outside of a few outliers, almost all figures are below $10, with most around $5. (except Series 1)

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know how feasable or of value this would be, but i think it would be interesting to have a column in the brickfolio that shows the average value per brick for each set based on the overall curent value of the set. 

also, in my brickfolio i have quite a few sets that have been given as gifts (either to me or my kids) can a check box be added when adding these sets that designates them as gifts? 

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember right,

1.  Go to your Brickfolio and on the left find "Promote Brickpicker"

2. copy the code for promoting Brickpicker.com, Eurobricks, etc.

3. Click on your name at top right of screen and go to "My Settings"

4. Paste code in box and it should show up in a little while.  Mark as Private if you want that. 

Hope this helps(and that I was right)

I have a question regarding following:

On the forum you can see the last new members on the site. It seems our community is growing by approximately two members per hour. Maybe even more.

Is or are there any statistic(s) on how many members remain active members and for how long? How many inactive members are there? How does that hold in percentages? I also read posts from people in older topics. Which now seemed to have vanished.

These statistics to me would be interesting. This get a rough idea about how many investors are out there and how many are staying in the boat.   

I have a question regarding following:

On the forum you can see the last new members on the site. It seems our community is growing by approximately two members per hour. Maybe even more.

Is or are there any statistic(s) on how many members remain active members and for how long? How many inactive members are there? How does that hold in percentages? I also read posts from people in older topics. Which now seemed to have vanished.

These statistics to me would be interesting. This get a rough idea about how many investors are out there and how many are staying in the boat.   

I am not sure if that is a good way to tell if investors are still active in the real world or not.  

As far as members go, we have:

1. really active members who are around for a long time,
  2. then you have your others that have different levels of activity depending on what is going on in their life
  3. then you have others that do just fade away and then lastly you have those that are tire kickers that are gone before saying hello.
  4. then you have the people who don't sign up and just read the public forum or just use the price guide or other tools.  Unless we force everyone to login to see or do anything, there will be no way to capture those people

Regardless of any of those statuses, there is no way to tell if they are still in the game or not.

I've only been on the site since early July so forgive me if I'm missing something.  I thought I read that the values for sets get updated usually at the end of the first week of the next month.  Here we are on almost the 20th and I'm not seeing July posted yet.  Is it normal for the update to be delayed past that first week and when might we be expecting July's updated information?  Thanks very much!