Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 6 years later...

Sorry about the recent lack of updates. We had to cut back because of Obamacare and the Federal Government shutdown. Jeff works for the CIA and it's been tough on the finances.

You should be careful - the NSA is currently reading through your post as we speak.

Whats really gonna be rough on the site is now you will have to either pay Jeff's health insurance, or cut him back to 30 hours a week! Since he works 21 hours a day, might be an expensive health plan.

of course, you can always get a new brother.

That would explain the Furlough on updates and lack of constructive debate earlier on appropriations of your guys time and resources.

Oh burned!!!... wait...

Did we just find the Wikileak source?

I love that South Park has become a show where no matter what you talk about, its relevant.

If anyone has not seen the Wikileaks episode of south park (titled "Bass to mouth") or the NSA episode couple of weeks ago (titled "Let go, Let Gov") then what are you doing with your life?

Sorry about the recent lack of updates. We had to cut back because of Obamacare and the Federal Government shutdown. Jeff works for the CIA and it's been tough on the finances.

Oh! So that's why Jeff's been in a different country on "business". Wait...was he allowed to say that?

At this point, am I the only person that thinks that Jeff should change his BrickPicker post status guy, thingy from this:

post-5354-0-63584300-1381182168.png

To this?  8)

post-5354-0-41322700-1381182295.png

I even changed the Moderator part to Administrator! 

Oh! So that's why Jeff's been in a different country on "business". Wait...was he allowed to say that?

At this point, am I the only person that thinks that Jeff should change his BrickPicker post status guy, thingy from this:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-10-07 at 4.41.42 PM.png

To this?  8)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-10-07 at 4.44.35 PM.png

I even changed the Moderator part to Administrator! 

I was think that same thing. Great minds think alike.

Didn't want to stress that out too much - I just wanted to point at the one ore two quirks that are to be sorted out for those not based in the U.S.

Having thought of (and done) this myself, I do not see a lot of people wanting to import goods from another region to gain arbitrage, as this can hardly ever be justified. Most of the time this would start to get interesting for large shipments only, and that's exactly when import duties start to come into play. So I'd say a price comparison based on the actually paid prices in that region would be most useful for almost all people looking at this data.

I'd bet that this is not too hard to implement, and my hopes are high that this will be part of the next update as well.

Once again, I do not want to sound impatient. I am glad and thankful that there are people who are capable and willing to improve this site!

I've been into LEGO investing for less than a year and don't plan to sell anything just yet.  I've also noticed that my Brickfolio is way undervalued but, I'll base my pricing on eBay "Sold" listings and Amazon at the time before a start churning sets out.  Please remember that this site is free after all, updates are due and we can at least be a little more patient.;-)

Same here, personally I don't need any accurate values just yet.

But I'm afraid that too low current values ??are slowing down the growth in Europe. I mean, people may mistakenly base their set value to numbers taken from Brickpicker and sell their investments in Ebay according to much lower US prices.

The international sections of the Brickfolio are extremely new and will probably need some time to have all the information that the US has had access to since the site's inception.  I'm pretty sure that as time goes by all of the currencies in the Brickfolio will have accurate and up to date information and will be of more use.  I always check recent sales on ebay to judge where my selling point is and use the Brickfolio as more of a portfolio than a sales guide.  It's easier to gain ideas on trends in what you're selling by doing this and to filter out any sales that don't hold merit to what you are selling. 

I thank everyone with the patience they have had as I really look forward to the changes coming up for this website.   It will only make it better in the future.

Is the update in progress or complete?

I only ask as I'm seeing some odd numbers on the theme pages.

For example, Star Wars:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/brickfolio_sets.cfm?theme=89

For me, I have only 1 9500, current New $62.07

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9500-1

But on my theme page, it's showing 

tn_brickpicker_set_9500-1_1.jpg9500-1: SITH FURY-CLASS INTERCEPTOR $ 186.21 $ 162.72 $ 23.49 Percent Change:

I confirm only having 1 of these in my account.

I see a few items like this, seems to be related to those that I've only recently added, perhaps in the last month.

More items I bought in the last month:

tn_brickpicker_set_79010-1_1.jpg79010-1: THE GOBLIN KING BATTLE $ 682.32 $ 718.44 $ -36.12 Percent Change:
0.00%

But I have only 4 of these in my account:

United-States-flag-64.png$ 56.8   65.03%   dropped.png$ 46.601.96% dropped.png-43.13%

At last check, 4x56.8 is way less than 682.32.

I can provide more examples, but I'm about to add some stuff that I bought today...perhaps I'll see the same behavior.

Thanks, as always, for time and effort put into this site!!

As I see it, the Information on top of an indidual set's page should be more or less correct. At least as far as I can judge, and only for Europe.

What's off are the numbers in the "Pricing and Performance Information" box - even though, some figures at the tab "Averages" seem to be correct. I suppose those are the numbers fetched directly from ebay.

Also, the values in the brickfolio are still pretty inaccurate, as it seems that European prices are compared with US values. This, by the way, also seems to be the case for the numbers in "Performance Over Time" tab in the "Pricing and Performance Information" section of a set.

More info on the pricing bug I'm seeing:

The odd math does not appear to be affect an item that existed before end of Sept., but that I've added to the count this month. So, if I had 1 9492 added in March, then added 2 more a few weeks ago, the theme page pricing is correct. So, from what I can tell, this is only affecting items added very recently, not updated from pre-existing. 

Is anybody else seeing this? Did I articulate what I'm seeing clearly? My coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet...

Thanks,

Can't really comment on that since I do not have used brickfolio until a few weeks ago.

It seems though as if brickpicker is in for a complete overhaul of the "exotic" non-US ;-) sections, so there's hope that this will be improved with the next update(s). The values of your sets in your brickfolio will then all be recalculated properly I'd suppose.

Is the update in progress or complete?

I only ask as I'm seeing some odd numbers on the theme pages.

For example, Star Wars:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/brickfolio_sets.cfm?theme=89

For me, I have only 1 9500, current New $62.07

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9500-1

But on my theme page, it's showing 

tn_brickpicker_set_9500-1_1.jpg9500-1: SITH FURY-CLASS INTERCEPTOR $ 186.21 $ 162.72 $ 23.49 Percent Change:

I confirm only having 1 of these in my account.

I see a few items like this, seems to be related to those that I've only recently added, perhaps in the last month.

More items I bought in the last month:

tn_brickpicker_set_79010-1_1.jpg79010-1: THE GOBLIN KING BATTLE $ 682.32 $ 718.44 $ -36.12 Percent Change:

0.00%

But I have only 4 of these in my account:

United-States-flag-64.png$ 56.8   65.03%   dropped.png$ 46.601.96% dropped.png-43.13%

At last check, 4x56.8 is way less than 682.32.

I can provide more examples, but I'm about to add some stuff that I bought today...perhaps I'll see the same behavior.

Thanks, as always, for time and effort put into this site!!

I just logged into your account and looked at your brickfolio and all the math and prices look accurate.

Ah, it looks like like things are in progress. 

My Star Wars theme is now showing proper values, and the "Edit" and "Delete" column is showing.

It looks like my LotR theme is still updating, as those values are off and the Edit/Delete column is not shown. 

Update: LotR is correct in the time i started this reply.

All good!!

I wish I could tell you.  I don't have anything running or updating right now.  I looked at both the Star Wars and LOTR and it looked good...

For the rest of you that are talking about the EU prices in the Brickfolio, that will be coming.  We have mentioned a few times that I will not be updating the Brickfolio until the Classifieds are launched.  I need to finish that project first.

Thanks, Jeff.

Things look correct now. Comparing what I posted earlier:

tn_brickpicker_set_9500-1_1.jpg9500-1: SITH FURY-CLASS INTERCEPTOR
Purchase Date: 08/15/2013 1 New $ 45.00
Total Value:
$ 45.00
$ 62.07
Total Value:
$ 62.07
37.93% grown.png
Profit +/-
$ 17.07

All good. Things may still be in progress as the Data Services>Export Data File is showing an error (just checked again).

If it helps, Jeff, I noticed that when the prices were off on the theme pages, items that were broken out as two rows (due to different prices, for example) showed as a single row (minus the edit and delete buttons). I wish I had take a screen shot for you.

Thanks again!

Jeff:

The export page is no longer throwing errors, but it's spitting out data as a html page, with a SQL statement at the bottom.

I won't post the sql here (that wouldn't be proper), but I can send a screen shot of the page to your account directly. Just let me know.

OK, sorry, Jeff, me again.

The page that has the odd math is linked from the charts off the Dashboard.

When I click a theme column within the "THEME VALUE CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS MONTH" visualization, the target page has the funky math.

1. Go to http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/brickfolio_dashboard.cfm
  2. Scroll down and click one of the columns in 

3. I then see one of my newer items here: 

4. I click on the product link that takes me to here:  http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9500-1
  5. Where I only have 1 in my inventory:

I hope this helps explain things...maybe I'm not reading data correctly??

Thanks