Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 5 years later...

Hello I have done a search and there doesn't seem to a similar thread. 

Basically I keep adding minifigures to my Brickfolio but it isn't adding any value on that page or to my total Brickfolio.  Is there a simple fix or am I doing something wrong?  Cheers Stu.

Not doing anything wrong, it's just that most figures don't have values because they aren't listed on ebay that way.  Each figure is given a set number, i.e. 8683-5.  Well, not many folks list that way, they just say the name of the figure, which is why you see some have values and some not.  When enough listings end that have this information in it, it will be able to give the figure a value.  Until then, it is zero.  Sorry I can't help more, but that's the reasoning.

• 3 weeks later...

Today by random I found in my Brickfolio a miscalculation in the column "Purchase Price". It seems that this occurres if you handle with different currencies:

post-3734-0-26321000-1403335793_thumb.pn

my currency settings:

selected curreny: US Dollar

selected data set currency: Euro

• 3 weeks later...

those ones are showing up just fine, there are others, like some mixels, and super secret police dropship that have never shown up

The Super Secret Police Dropship came out in early June, so they wouldn't show up in the May update. As for the Mixels, I'm guessing that Jeff chose to not include data for them, just like the CMS mini figures don't show up. On eBay, it looks like there are more listings for bulk amounts of Mixels rather than individual bags, making it complicated to filter through.

Which sets have inaccurate piece counts? It seems to be working fine for me.

its not that the set has an innacurate count, it is that when i try to enter a set, the piece ammount shows up in my overview, but it doesnt show up when i drill down to my collections

All of you items where entered in May, I will be releasing the June data sometime this week/weekend.  That is when you will see your price updates.  I generally get all the ebay files for the previous month by the 10th of each month, then I need to process them.  Unfortunately, it is not realtime :)

• Like 1

All of you items where entered in May, I will be releasing the June data sometime this week/weekend.  That is when you will see your price updates.  I generally get all the ebay files for the previous month by the 10th of each month, then I need to process them.  Unfortunately, it is not realtime :)

Ah....well that makes a lot more sense!  I was under the impression that it was real time, and if so, I figured that would be a monthly service with a small fee attached (free idea there if you can manage it).

Thanks for the "update"  :)

I think it may be because the item itself has a value of $0.00 in the price guide. Same thing happens with me for the 10665 set. Doesn't appear in my portfolio even though its added. There's been sales on Ebay since late Apr so I imagine an updated price will appear in the price guide for the month of June, then it should appear in your portfolio

Just add the sets when you get them and remove them when you sell them. I also keep a little memo pad with purchase prices when I buy sets. I'm thinking of also doing an excel spreadsheet to keep track of sets bought and sold as well. I'll keep it on my thumb drive or something.