Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 6 years later...

More symptoms that might help diagnose the issue:

Looking more closely at the exported data, I have duplicate rows/records for some of my items. The same items that have funky counts in the theme view:

Green background indicates correct rows. Red text indicates duplicate rows.

Thanks, I hope this helps. Maybe it's just my data and not others'.

I think you should see normal values on those pages now.

Great job Jeff. I don't know exactly how difficult it is to run BrickPicker and keep everything up to date, but I can imagine myself going nuts over it. Reputation points and affliliate links are not enough to show my gratitude to what you and Ed do. :bow:

Hello, does anybody found a value difference between the brickfolio (BF) "overall view" and the value at the bottom of the "entire collection view". In my brickfolio the value difference is 1,43%. The "overall view" is higher than the "entire view". How can I interpret this? My BFs currency is in EURO.

Hello, does anybody found a value difference between the brickfolio (BF) "overall view" and the value at the bottom of the "entire collection view". In my brickfolio the value difference is 1,43%. The "overall view" is higher than the "entire view". How can I interpret this? My BFs currency is in EURO.

My Brickfolio is in USD and nothing is wrong with it. As soon as I change it to Euro I noticed a difference of about 0.7%. My best guess is that it has to do with the  currency.

• 2 weeks later...
404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Anyone looking into this? I reported a few week ago. Should be an easy fix to resolve the URL to the users profile.

I updated your title to something that may be more helpful when searching.

You should be able to share your brickfoliio now:

http://my.brickpicker.com/binici

Remember, you will only be able to see people's brickfolios if they opted to share them. 

Sorry it took a bit, this wasn't at the top of list of priorities since I know most don't really share them.  There was more to it than just putting in a missing file.

I did not even know about this part of the site or that link. Just checked and my Brickfolio isn't showing. Although I am curious seeing what others have bought it feels awkward doing so like I'm sneaking around in someone else's closet.

Its ok, I won't tell people its full of at least 1,000 Fire Brigades and the rest are Toy Story Zurgs.   

You can enable to show it or hide it on the main Brickfolio Dashboard page.  Its on the right side

Guest eightbrick

I did not even know about this part of the site or that link. Just checked and my Brickfolio isn't showing. Although I am curious seeing what others have bought it feels awkward doing so like I'm sneaking around in someone else's closet.

Not sure if you have done so or if it is a technical problem but to share you go to "My Brickfolio" and then on the right click share (change permissions). You can choose to remove all price paid analytics etc. if you are worried about privacy.

EDIT: D'oh! Captain Obvious I didn't see Jeff said how to get there right above me. Oops!

I know how to enable it for sharing, I just don't want to. Oh, and thanks for letting the Fire Brigades out of the bag, Jeff. I was hoping to keep my wish of suddenly collapsing the market in a great ball of fire by flooding it with them be a secret but oh well. Onto the next diabolical scheme from the list.... :devil:

I do want to use just one site to keep track of both personal and investment Lego, but I also want to be able to see the value of my investment Lego separately from my private collection.  Can you offer a means to flag, keyword or tag items in your collection to enable my default view to exclude items in my personal collection.

Otherwise, I need to use this site for my investments and another for my personal collection. 

I do not think that there is a feature that would allow you to do that at the moment. Sometime in the near future, Jeff Mack said that he could be doing a Brickfolio update. In that update, I would think that there would be some new features like the one you are talking about.