Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 5 years later...

Good month, i expect august will be fairly close to july growth for me. I am very happy with my portfolio design. Could use about double the exclusives. Maybe next year. I am waddamon and I have not purchased Lego since the exo suit release. Actually feels good to stick to my plan. Real challenge will be black friday madness. I may buckle if big sets get slashed on amazon.

Another good month for my STAR WARS sets.

Without any malice, I wonder what would happen to the prices if the movie turned out to be a complete flop. Would they decrease below of their price with normal SW growth rate? By normal I mean filtering out the price increase related to the announcement of the incoming movies. Or are LEGOs and OT sets particularly immune to that effect to a considerable extent?

Personally I believe they would drop considerably, even below prices formed by normal rate because too much hype and enthusiasm would be killed. An interesting dilemma of the average LEGO investor will be to sell the stashed SW sets at the inflated prices before any information about the quality of the first movie becomes (widely) available or to speculate on their success and reaping the profit of the increased interest and buzz generated by them after theatrical release.

Ed what percentage growth did you see? I was 5.81% with about a 32% weighting in SW.

To be honest, I haven't added a set to my Brickfolio in a year, so many of my SSDs were not included. I know what I have bought since last August, but haven't gotten around to adding them. The numbers I have been referring to are a lot of older sets that have appreciated already and are beginning to grow again. My collection is quite varied and mixed size wise, but my year over year returns kept pace with the stock market over the past 12 months.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

To be honest, I haven't added a set to my Brickfolio in a year, so many of my SSDs were not included. I know what I have bought since last August, but haven't gotten around to adding them. The numbers I have been referring to are a lot of older sets that have appreciated already and are beginning to grow again. My collection is quite varied and mixed size wise, but my year over year returns kept pace with the stock market over the past 12 months.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Ed, re-thought my question. Sorry for putting you on the spot. Wasn't my intention. I would be a mess by not adding immediatly. My brain loses information daily. I try to do things now so by the time I find something it will make sense as to why I did it, since it has long been forgotten.

Sorry if this is discussed, elsewhere, but I could not find another topic on it.  I noticed that the price guide started to show data for July 2014 several days ago.  The site stats still list the last update as July 20th.  When this is the case does it mean that the data is still in the process of being updated?

Thanks, and thanks for the great site.  

Sorry if this is discussed, elsewhere, but I could not find another topic on it. I noticed that the price guide started to show data for July 2014 several days ago. The site stats still list the last update as July 20th. When this is the case does it mean that the data is still in the process of being updated?

Thanks, and thanks for the great site.

The data is usually aggregated around the middle of the month. Jeff might not have updated that notation to indicate when July's numbers were done in August.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Brickpicker.

I loaded my brickfolio a couple of months ago, but I notice I never get any updates when I view the main Brickfolio page.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if I'm posting this question in the right area -apologies if it's wrong, but I couldn't find a specific 'technical issues' area.

Hopefully someone will come to the rescue!  

Many thanks,

ozzielass

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Brickpicker.

I loaded my brickfolio a couple of months ago, but I notice I never get any updates when I view the main Brickfolio page.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if I'm posting this question in the right area -apologies if it's wrong, but I couldn't find a specific 'technical issues' area.

Hopefully someone will come to the rescue!

Many thanks,

ozzielass

What do you mean specifically with updates? I'm not sure if I follow your question.

How do you guys usually enter free items in your brickfolio? It shows nothing in the profit column if you put 0.00 for the price. It obviously can't divide by zero. So do you put 0.01 in or something?

For something that I got for free or that I don't know the price I paid, I usually enter as 0.01.

• Like 1