Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 6 years later...

Buyer Lego has come easy but deciding when to sell has been difficult. Could you possibly incorporate a function in the brickfolio that can tell you how long a set has lingered at the same value for to make it easier to decide to sell or

Not? For example if a set over the last x amount of months averaged a 0% increase then your brickfolio could tell you? I know you can just click on each and see the price

Guide but for some who have a very large range of sets this could become confusing and time consuming.

Thoughts?

This is a good idea.  As we have mentioned before, we have quite an extensive list of enhancements to the brickfolio that will happen this year.  Better reporting will be able to show this, but maybe there will be a way to indicate this in a more clear cut way.  Ed and I have not hidden the fact that there will be a Brickpicker Premium coming and many of these features and reporting will be for that. There will be quite a difference from the Free version to the Premium version, but it will be well worth the investment.

When I look at my Brickfolio overview, the chart only goes up until November even though I thought the information has now been updated through December and part of January. I'm just curious on when the chart will update. Thanks

Try logging out of the site and then log back in.

When I look at my Brickfolio overview, the chart only goes up until November even though I thought the information has now been updated through December and part of January. I'm just curious on when the chart will update. Thanks

Try logging out of the site and then log back in.

To add, you may also want to delete your entire browsing history or temporary internet files before trying to log back in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I add the Sea Cow to my brick folio, I get back the normal messages indicating that it's been added.  But when I then search for the set in my bickfolio it's not found.  And if I export the data, it's not included in the output file.

Any idea's what's going on?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Liking the new Brickfolio settings however this new Data set currency is messing up everything for me. I live in Switzerland and the purchase price I used to insert was in CHF. However, now, every purchased price is in Euros but the price hasn't been converted.

For instance, a given set I purchased 129CHF is now showing as 129

@h311m4n,  actually take a look at your brickfolio now.   I have your currency set at Swiss Franc, the dataset is set at Euro.

I hope you don't mind, but I want to show an example so others may understand if they have questions on this.

2014-03-11_10-32-12.png

Your purchase price now shows the current currency based on what you paid in your currency.   The current price shows the EURO dataset and then also shows the converted price from euro to Swiss Franc.  Then in the final column it shows the gain/loss off your original total value to the current value.  Technically all the values were there, it was just showing the wrong currency symbols.

Does this fix your issues?

I would suggest creating an Excel spreadsheet for your investing portfolio. I have a separate sheet for each individual set that calculates average buy, average sell, total invested in the particular set, total gross profits, etc. I have links to BP data on each set as well. Then, all that data gets linked to a main page where costs and profits across all sets are calculated and also where I have running totals for eBay fees and other costs entered in so I can calculate net profits.

• 1 month later...

I got an error after inserting a set (4209-1) into my Brickfolio. It looks like I may have accidentally added a (') after my quantity of 15. It also pops up now when I search for the set or when I click on the city theme as well. Any way to delete this from my inventory and start over? This is what the error message said:

struct Detail [empty string] ErrNumber 0 Message The value 15` cannot be converted to a number. StackTrace coldfusion.runtime.Cast$NumberConversionException: The value 15` cannot be converted to a number. at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._double(Cast.java:845) at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._double(Cast.java:692) at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._double(Cast.java:860) at coldfusion.runtime.Cast._double(Cast.java:850) at cfbrickfolio_search2ecfm1757402948._factor15(E:inetpubbrickpicker.comwwwrootbpmsbrickfolio_search.cfm:233) at cfbrickfolio_search2ecfm1757402948._factor16(E:inetpubbrickpicker.comwwwrootbpmsbrickfolio_search.cfm:1) at cfbrickfolio_search2ecfm1757402948.runPage(E:inetpubbrickpicker.comwwwrootbpmsbrickfolio_search.cfm:1) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:244) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:444) at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65) at coldfusion.filter.IpFilter.invoke(IpFilter.java:64) at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:449) at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48) at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40) at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:112) at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:94) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(BrowserDebugFilter.java:79) at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:58) at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22) at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62) at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:219) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414) at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:204) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) TagContext array 1 struct COLUMN 0 ID CF_CAST LINE 233 RAW_TRACE at cfbrickfolio_search2ecfm1757402948._factor15(E:inetpubbrickpicker.comwwwrootbpmsbrickfolio_search.cfm:233) TEMPLATE E:inetpubbrickpicker.comwwwrootbpmsbrickfolio_search.cfm TYPE CFML 2 struct COLUMN 0 ID CF_BRICKFOLIO_SEARCH LINE 1 RAW_TRACE at cfbrickfolio_search2ecfm1757402948._factor16(E:inetpubbrickpicker.comwwwrootbpmsbrickfolio_search.cfm:1) TEMPLATE E:inetpubbrickpicker.comwwwrootbpmsbrickfolio_search.cfm TYPE CFML 3 struct COLUMN 0 ID CF_BRICKFOLIO_SEARCH LINE 1 RAW_TRACE at cfbrickfolio_search2ecfm1757402948.runPage(E:inetpubbrickpicker.comwwwrootbpmsbrickfolio_search.cfm:1) TEMPLATE E:inetpubbrickpicker.comwwwrootbpmsbrickfolio_search.cfm TYPE CFML Type Expression source 15`

• 1 month later...

I just started loading some of my sets on the brickfolio.  I must say this is fantastic, I thought my dumb excel spreadsheet was good enough but this is great!  I do have a question though, when you choose New or Used is there a way to earmark a Used set that is complete with the original box etc etc?  For instance I have 2 new sealed Mos Espa podrace sets and 1 that is used but has all the inner boxes in a nice box with instructions 100% complete etc.  I think I paid $60 for that complete with box set on ebay which was a pretty good price I was pretty sure looking at what similar past sets sold for.  Anyway when I add that to the brickfolio I think it lumps it in with the same amounts a set with no box at all would go for because I marked it as used?  So I just wonder if there is a way to mark it differently so the amount is more on par with what a mint in opened box price would be rather than just a used one?  New is going to be too much, used too little?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I have done a search and there doesn't seem to a similar thread. 

Basically I keep adding minifigures to my Brickfolio but it isn't adding any value on that page or to my total Brickfolio.  Is there a simple fix or am I doing something wrong?  Cheers Stu.