Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 6 years later...
Guest eightbrick

I use brickset for my personal collection and the brickfolio for investments. Works pretty good. If you want to get a valuation of your collection I'd just put them in there, record the value, and remove them or make a second account if allowed. I believe Jeff is working on this (among a million other awesome updates).

• 2 weeks later...

I may be the only one who took the trouble to do this, but I added all my cmf's in my brickfolio.

I noticed though that most have a value of 0.00, even when there have been plenty of sales on e-bay.

For example Heroic Knight is 0.00 but if I check sold listings I see close to a 100 in sep and oct alone.

Is this to do with the problem of these not having official set numbers?

I may be the only one who took the trouble to do this, but I added all my cmf's in my brickfolio.

I noticed though that most have a value of 0.00, even when there have been plenty of sales on e-bay.

For example Heroic Knight is 0.00 but if I check sold listings I see close to a 100 in sep and oct alone.

Is this to do with the problem of these not having official set numbers?

They actually do have official set numbers, but nobody ever uses them on ebay where the data is collected.  Polybags can have the same fate, as well.  I don't blame them either, as I don't search for a CMF based on it's number, I search the name.  Some of the figures do have values, but it's hit and miss. 

Well, yes I know that an entire series has an official set number (for example 71000) for series 9, but in the brickpicker priceguide each figure also has a designation (for example Heroic Knight is 71000-04) and I don't know how official that is.

Anyway, you are right that you can always search for the name of the fig on ebay yourself, but as I have more than 100 different figs that would be pretty time consuming. I can understand if it's not really doable to extract ebay data on these, would just be a pity if you can't really keep track of these in your portfolio, because I do have the feeling some of these might be sought after by collectors (hence the name collectables)

Anything having to do with the collectible minifigures will be a project down the road.  It will require a lot of manual searching, finding, filtering.  About 6 months ago, I spent a few days just trying to see if there was a way to do a decent job programmatically, but there are too many idiots that list things with multiple names, multiple figures, wrong series, etc, etc, etc.

It is getting better though.  Looking at certain listings from Series 7 and up, people seem to be sticking with names.  But some people list Series 7 8831 Computer Programmer as Computer Geek, Nerd.  Or there is the Red Riding Hood figure that is Hooded Girl, et, etc.   It will just be a ton of creating "possible" identifiers.  Basically a pain in the butt.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

macks- you do have an army of people that could help.  If you gave the criteria needed for finding an accurate value, we could each take one minifig and search the "most recent sold" on ebay at least.  It would need a check off sheet and a name for the game, but might work for preliminary numbers

This suggestion may use 'the other site' but best way to find the current value for specific Collectable Minifigures is BrickLink. I haven't the slightest inkling as to coming up with all the possible variables for efficiently tracking all of them on eBay. I will say this, if Jeff can, he deserves a friggin' Mr. Gold!

• 3 weeks later...

Hej,

I just try to enter my collection, but I run into a problem with some sets, I have two ore more copies of it. Mostly one set is build the other one is MISB. I found no way to enter this into the system. I can only choose: I have X sets and all of them are: [...]

Is there a solution for this?!

Thanks

/Max

Hej,

I just try to enter my collection, but I run into a problem with some sets, I have two ore more copies of it. Mostly one set is build the other one is MISB. I found no way to enter this into the system. I can only choose: I have X sets and all of them are: [...]

Is there a solution for this?!

Thanks

/Max

I assume you're question is with the Brickfolio.  Complete the first entry as "Used", and make a second entry with "MISB" checked.  You should be able to add multiple versions of the same set in the Brickfolio.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Jeff will be updating prices whenever we get the data to try to keep it more up to date.  The eBay Terapeak data is not always released in a consistent manner, so we are trying something new out, trying to keep it more "real time."  Many times, the Terapeak people give us incomplete data.  Jeff has to contact them and wait for them to supply us with the sales data.  It's a long process and Jeff will try to streamline it after he finishes some other site upgrades.

• Like 1

Buyer Lego has come easy but deciding when to sell has been difficult. Could you possibly incorporate a function in the brickfolio that can tell you how long a set has lingered at the same value for to make it easier to decide to sell or

Not? For example if a set over the last x amount of months averaged a 0% increase then your brickfolio could tell you? I know you can just click on each and see the price

Guide but for some who have a very large range of sets this could become confusing and time consuming.

Thoughts?

• Like 1