Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 6 years later...

The new UK, European, Australian data is not in the brickfolio yet.  Those are still based off of US converted values.  I am trying to work on the classifieds and a few other things, then there will be a big update to the brickfolio.

I edited my previous post with more doubt but in the end you answered all my questions :)

Many thanks once again,

Just one quick not to anyone else out there, especially non US members.  It has always been the plan to wait until the June data gets imported.  This will give us 6 full months of data for these new regions.  This is where there starts to be a decent dataset to work off of and start fine tuning the data.  It will also allow me to open up more indexes on the set guide pages to show performance over 6 months and create BrickIndexes for these 3 other regions.  

We wanted to get the data in there, allow people to start seeing the values and it has showed promise already.  As the data matures it will allow us to do more and make the data more valuable to everyone.

• Like 1

Hi Jeff,

Can you tell us what filtering is used to ignore the lower priced auctions when sellers sold ....

1) partial sets (new and used).

2) used sets listed as new.

The Batman 1 theme is a great example to use for both scenarios above.

Thanks,

If you are talking about sets like the Tumbler, that is a rare exception because that item alone sells high compared to most parted out items.  That is why there is always manual intervention needed on that one.

If you are talking about sets like the Tumbler, that is a rare exception because that item alone sells high compared to most parted out items.  That is why there is always manual intervention needed on that one.

i've been seeing it for all Batman 1 sets.   let me know if i can help in anyway as this area of logic is part of my everyday job (thinking of requirements and then coding for cleaning up bad source data (in this case, ebay sellers) for batch and real-time integrations).

Hi Jeff,

Can you tell us what filtering is used to ignore the lower priced auctions when sellers sold ....

1) partial sets (new and used).

2) used sets listed as new.

The Batman 1 theme is a great example to use for both scenarios above.

Thanks,

To be honest, case 1 also happens rather often for Technic sets, at least for European region.

Not sure about case 2.

I can help pointing them out if needed.

This is why we didn't rush the reports or brickfolio updates right from the start for the new regions and wanted to wait until at least 6 months of data are available so that we can build base numbers for each region to go off of.  Right now we only have a decent amount of data for US numbers.  Month after month it gets better as more data is available.

jaisonline, if you want to send me a PM of what you are seeing with the Batman sets, I will take a look at it.

• 2 months later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse

everyday some super nice and helpful folks start a new thread with all the known sales.  just look for the thread with todays date in the title.  if you mean something else oppsa daisy

Just some update on this from site administrators would be much appreciated. I use this data as on of my purchasing/investment guidelines.

The updates are not extremely regular at the moment because of other features. There are a lot of other parts of this site besides just the price guide.

Let me suggest you use the price guide as a good starting point, but honestly the easiest way to verify data that doesn't look good is to simply log onto Ebay and search for the item and click "only sold items" and then look through the most recent. This will give you an idea of what trend is happening at the moment.

This site is mainly run by two people so major updates to other things are going to take time and some things may lag a bit. The price guide, while great, is lower priority usually month to month compared to some of the major and awesome features they are working on currently.

For example, to the right it shows my most valuable set, and instead of showing the value for this set NEW, which I have explicitly marked as NEW, it shows the value of the set USED, that makes no sense. Same goes for all prices and the overall value of my brickfolio, and sometimes the value displayed for a set makes no sense at all, for example the value for 79003 is (NEW)

• Like 1

For example, to the right it shows my most valuable set, and instead of showing the value for this set NEW, which I have explicitly marked as NEW, it shows the value of the set USED, that makes no sense. Same goes for all prices and the overall value of my brickfolio, and sometimes the value displayed for a set makes no sense at all, for example the value for 79003 is (NEW)

• Like 1

Hi Datune,

You are right that the Brickfolio value of a set sometimes is lower than what you might expect, but the cause behind that is not what you think (that it incorrectly takes the used value instead of new).

The reason behind it is that all brickfolio values are based on the U.S. values only. Even if you have Euro as your default currency, the only thing that does (for now) is convert the U.S. value of a set to Euros. It doesn't base the value of the set on the EU price level in the brickpicker price guide (yet).

Let's take your 79003 as an example.

EU value (new) in the BP price guide is

And when will this be corrected so that the actual prices are shown for Europeans (and all other non-US folks) as well? :shifty:

The Brickfolio is, at least in its current state, rather useless for non-US Lego investors.

Besides, the information on Prices and Performance is oddly off as well. Check this out for example:

10228 Haunted House

In the according section it notes a 28.71 % increase in price from retail for Europe. However, on top of the site, the current worth a new set is given with approx. 170

• Like 1

And when will this be corrected so that the actual prices are shown for Europeans (and all other non-US folks) as well? :shifty:

The Brickfolio is, at least in its current state, rather useless for non-US Lego investors.

Besides, the information on Prices and Performance is oddly off as well. Check this out for example:

10228 Haunted House

In the according section it notes a 28.71 % increase in price from retail for Europe. However, on top of the site, the current worth a new set is given with approx. 170

"New Value" is not the same thing as "Retail Price". The value is what people are actually paying for the set on eBay.

Also, where do you see that 28.71% increase? I see a 5.13% drop in CAGR for the value in Europe.

The percentage of 28,71% is noted a little lower on the priceguide page, in the "pricing and performance information" tables.

I'm guessing this indicates an increase not because it compares current value

Guest TabbyBoy

I've been into LEGO investing for less than a year and don't plan to sell anything just yet.  I've also noticed that my Brickfolio is way undervalued but, I'll base my pricing on eBay "Sold" listings and Amazon at the time before a start churning sets out.  Please remember that this site is free after all, updates are due and we can at least be a little more patient.;-)