Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi what day of the month does the folio usually update with the previous month's data?  In this case that would be February.

Overall Brickfolio Value and Collection Details   "is still set to January"  .. we are in March pouahhaha, my wife saw "Percentage Change 60% for the past month" 6k investment .. now I'm dead she think that I invest all that money in the last month.. told her it's a 3 months value, that the website had a glitch ! pouahhahahha

I LOVE the Brickfolio option on this site and have found it very, very useful.

I wonder if there could ever be an option in the future to have two Brickfolios in the system: one for investing (as is currently) and one for the sets that I'm keeping personally. I already track the latter loosely, but being able to see which sets I'm spending my personal money (or profits) on, how many pieces I have, and what the actual used value of it is would be awesome.

The obvious way that I can think to do this now is to create a second BrickPicker account and store all my "kept" sets there. But I know you guys keep track of accounts and Brickfolios and didn't want to screw up your numbers, because what I'd enter there wouldn't be strictly (or at all) for investment.

Any chance this could be a coming feature?

• Like 4

good idea.

right now you can add custom text to one of the text fields when editing / adding sets for personal use.

then download the export file (excel) and delete all rows without your custom text.

you can create charts and formulas to do essentially the same.  yeah, i know it's more work  :)

I LOVE the Brickfolio option on this site and have found it very, very useful.

I wonder if there could ever be an option in the future to have two Brickfolios in the system: one for investing (as is currently) and one for the sets that I'm keeping personally. I already track the latter loosely, but being able to see which sets I'm spending my personal money (or profits) on, how many pieces I have, and what the actual used value of it is would be awesome.

The obvious way that I can think to do this now is to create a second BrickPicker account and store all my "kept" sets there. But I know you guys keep track of accounts and Brickfolios and didn't want to screw up your numbers, because what I'd enter there wouldn't be strictly (or at all) for investment.

Any chance this could be a coming feature?

Thanks for the reply. I'll play around with those fields as you recommend.

I do like the clean, easy-to-read format that the Brickfolio presents, but you're right that spending a bit of time in Excel with some charts and whatnot can get me close to the same result.

The Brickfolio is a site feature being tweaked as things progress and Jeff does still have more ideas to implement making it even better but such effort takes time. Last time I remember he has considered giving the option for separate Brickfolios but this may be a feature reserved for premium memberships. I cannot confirm this will happen; only it has been talked about before and plenty of concepts are up in the air.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this issue too. The data set currency option resets every time I switch the computer off and start a new session ( I stay logged in to brickpicker). You see euros as the chosen currency but everything is in USD so you have to go to the dashboard and put data set to euros manually every time.

Welcome!

Yes it is a little inconvenient that you can't save the euro values setting, but I'm very happy that it is at least possible to view your values in the European region. Until last year, you could only see what your collection was worth in the US.