Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 4 years later...

As an IT guy myself, it's always best to report issues with very specific actionable examples:

EX: Chima Set # 99999 is showing a value of $100 when it typically is around $50. Perhaps its due to being commonly bundled with set 888888

It makes the problem much easier for him to track down.

Forgive the unasked for advice, but i know Jeff has a thousand plates spinning and this is likely what he'd ask for anyway. It also gives your defect a better turnaround time. 

The CMFs, Mixels and any other small set that is commonly included in "lots" always gives us trouble.  I think we found a solution for that.  Some individual larger sets can be skewed at times because they are commonly included in lots as well.  You can definitely bring it to our attention and either Jeff or I will take a look.  A PM to Jeff or I might be the best way, that way we will definitely see it.  We can scan the listings and remove any bad ones.

• 4 weeks later...

Still learning and had a question about used value sets.  I was wondering why some sets dont have a used value like ninjago dbx and tmnt big rig getaway.  They have a used value of 0.00.  I was wondering if there is any timeline or if the info just isnt available yet to garner sets like these a used value.  I was also curious as to how used values are established?  Thanks for any info.

Still learning and had a question about used value sets.  I was wondering why some sets dont have a used value like ninjago dbx and tmnt big rig getaway.  They have a used value of 0.00.  I was wondering if there is any timeline or if the info just isnt available yet to garner sets like these a used value.  I was also curious as to how used values are established?  Thanks for any info.

There has to be used sets sold on eBay for there to be data. Some newer sets don't have used values because people haven't bought them, built them and resold them yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Since Ive only been on her for a little over a month and dont know the cycle yet. When does the brickfolio pricing get updated? I thought it would be the first of the month but Im assuming that isnt the case. Just curious.

Thanx a bunch

It's usually a little after the middle of the month, but we've also had delays that have carried us over into the next month.  It just depends on when the terapeak data is retrieved from EBay and they are also sometimes delayed in releasing it.

Ok thanx for the info. 

It's usually a little after the middle of the month, but we've also had delays that have carried us over into the next month.  It just depends on when the terapeak data is retrieved from EBay and they are also sometimes delayed in releasing it.

Right now I see data for August already. Does this mean that terapeak already got the numbers for the sales of the coming two weeks? Wouldn't that be cool? :)

Edited by 10230

Right now I see data for August already. Does this mean that terapeak already got the numbers for the sales of the coming two weeks? Wouldn't that be cool? :)

It's quite possible. Maybe Jeff will drop in and let us know what dates he's running the update for.

The Stormtrooper Sergeant polybag 5002938 is way over priced on Brickfolio, it's showing as €45 each, but the price has dropped off on them and they're struggling to make €10 now.

Not sure on that one, but 2853590-1: Chrome Stormtrooper is listed as $0.00 currently but is regularly selling for $40-45 on ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's working ok.  Just not as nice as pc.

Thanks for the help.

That's the crux of making websites mobile friendly.... Everyone says it's easy but it's not. Not sure if you have a tablet, but it's much better on a tablet than mobile.

(that's part of my day job and I'm not impressed by my options I tells ya)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question - the main currency is just what currency you're viewing it in, and the "data set currency" is the price values for that region, right? So if I choose AUD for the data set, it's telling me what my sets are going for In Australia, and if I set the main currency to USD it's converting that value to US dollars, and if I swapped them around it would be vice versa. Is that correct?