Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 4 years later...

Not sure what this really means (other than what you are saying it did).  Can you try logging out and back in again?

I did sign out and then back in.  I think I'm going to clear my cache next.  I can successfully sign in, but when I go to my brickfolio it drops the "h" in my username and brings up a lego head picture for my profile pic. 

Edited by jgschmieg3

I did sign out and then back in.  I think I'm going to clear my cache next.  I can successfully sign in, but when I go to my brickfolio it drops the "h" in my username and brings up a lego head picture for my profile pic. 

Ok that worked.  I wonder if I have a second username that was crossing somehow?  Possibly one that I inadvertently created?   

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

i am new in this forum (end of August).
All sets in my family (from son and daughters) transferred from Brickset to Brickpicker.

We already bought some new sets in September and October,
but still the Brickfolio shows August (with all new sets).

What happened and what can be done to get a current October status?

Please help.

Seeing as we will be without BF data for a while and from EU stock too, would it be posible to post the updated raking list of the top 30 or so most hoarded sets by BF´s? That would make interesting reading at this time of the year.

Does it really matter? Just do your thing like what Waddamon posted in his grand achievement post. I don't think the hoarded sets are bothering his business.

• 2 weeks later...

ebay.de works for that just fine :P I´d be more worried about the 80 euro drop in TH´s to be honest!

On a serious note:

Positive new features - clearer new layout and country by country RRP´s

Things I miss from the old one:

Intnl Ebay price lists as per above complaint.

Possibility to see all prices the currency of your choice

6 month historical prices for EU / UK / US whether in graph or text format is not important

User reviews of each set embedded

Possibility to search for another set from within a set page - now we have to go back to the main menu and the process is longer.

Things I´d like to see:

Launch and retirement dates to have everything on one page and no need to consult Brickset or other webs.

Possibility to compare performance of two or more sets over a period of time.

NUMBER OF ITEMS SOLD IN PAST MONTH. Very important data to see how accurate the price info is and to see if the set is selling well or not.

Thanks in any case for the update.

Edited by valenciaeric

I do suspect sometimes that Jeff & Ed think "Why do we bother" when all we do is complain whenever they try something new :)

I assume this is an update in progress.

The UK prices do seem low. For example 10197 reads GBP203 USD380. I thought this might be a US price in £££ terms but it's not (380 / 1.53 is £248). I have noticed, something similar with other sets; 10193 & 10211 are both unusually down. I am wondering if the filtering of non set sales is not active. These lower prices do not correspond to what appears to be happening on Ebay UK.

I agree with valenciaeric that putting back search box would be handy otherwise you are continually scrolling back and forward through pages. Time consuming if you are on a slow connection. 

When I used to hover over the graph points the price for that month used to pop up. Which was helpful. 

A last updated date would be nice (although this was not on the last version :) )

I disagree with valenciaeric in whether the graphs are useful. They are and I use them. I am missing the number of sales graph numbers graph. I am wondering if it could be combined with the Sales history graph to save space.

Lastly, all the Amazon links say Amazon.com but each points to the correct Amazon site. This is particularly confusing for the EU sites that all use the Euro.

All in all I think the new payout is an improvement on the old. It looks a lot less cluttered.

• Like 1

On my side i can't check ebay UK either. Before prices for the UK market were always inaccurate, but now they're completely gone.

I guess the brickfolio is only useful if you live in the USA, same goes for the Classified. 

I do not see any surplus anymore for having a brickfolio. Rather than keeping track of the sets you own. I can also use a spreadsheet for that. If I would be in the US that would be a different story offcourse.

I made an announcement last week that you might not have seen that I have to basically completely rewrite everything based on changes in the data we get, so it's a work in progress. It will be straightened out over the next day or two. I have to change a ton of stuff.  I do not know what you mean by the same for the Classified what "do not see any surplus anymore" means.  It's a crap load of work I need to do and do it in stages.   The new template for the price guide is a work in progress too that I was basically forced to make live early before getting it the way I want.  Google has been barking at me for weeks because those other pages are not mobile friendly at all, etc, etc.  Just give me a few more days to try and catch up.  I wish I had all day to work on it, but now I need to switch gears and go to the office and work on totally different garbage.

• Like 9

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎07‎:‎38‎, Jeff Mack said:

I made an announcement last week that you might not have seen that I have to basically completely rewrite everything based on changes in the data we get, so it's a work in progress. It will be straightened out over the next day or two. I have to change a ton of stuff.  I do not know what you mean by the same for the Classified what "do not see any surplus anymore" means.  It's a crap load of work I need to do and do it in stages.   The new template for the price guide is a work in progress too that I was basically forced to make live early before getting it the way I want.  Google has been barking at me for weeks because those other pages are not mobile friendly at all, etc, etc.  Just give me a few more days to try and catch up.  I wish I had all day to work on it, but now I need to switch gears and go to the office and work on totally different garbage.

Thank you for your hard work. It is much appreciated.

• Like 2

I can imagine it is alot of work you have to do maintaining this feature. Even when many times it is out of your control when 3rd parties make your life difficult. And I understand it is work in progress. And those mobile device compatability issues do not make it any easier.

Who needs a mobile device anyway.

• Like 1