71001 - Minifigures - Series 10

TheOrcKing

Series 10  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 10?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

nope, walked into target to buy some cotton balls for my girlfriend at closing time and they just put out a brand new case as i was looking for hot wheels and i went up to it and the 3rd one i pulled to "smoosh" on was this little guy!!!

woo hoo!

Gotta call BS on that one, there is no way to determine which minifig is in the blind bag by feeling. Lego said so!

Ha!

YOU'RE WRONG.

you just feel for the top hat duh!

and also there's another method to figuring out but since you're calling me a liar, you more than likely don't care to hear it so, no worries.

Dang man, you have been in the forums for a while now......you should have detected the sarcasm. Your sarcasm detector takes AAA batteries, might want to replace them ;)

you're right need to get new fresh batteries...

i guess all of the comments from the hot wheels collectors forum (talk about jerky people) drained my batteries. lol

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I dont think this is an item that will see a spike in price during the holiday season. I love my son to death but if he asked for a Mr. Gold for Christmas, I would laugh in his face!! I might be willing to buy him a sealed case and tell him to take his chances lol

i'm with you...

but i'm guessing that sealed cases (if you can even find them sealed...) will spike in price ESPECIALLY if not all 5000 mr. gold's are accounted for.

nope, walked into target to buy some cotton balls for my girlfriend at closing time and they just put out a brand new case as i was looking for hot wheels and i went up to it and the 3rd one i pulled to "smoosh" on was this little guy!!!

woo hoo!

Gotta call BS on that one, there is no way to determine which minifig is in the blind bag by feeling. Lego said so!

Ha!

YOU'RE WRONG.

you just feel for the top hat duh!

and also there's another method to figuring out but since you're calling me a liar, you more than likely don't care to hear it so, no worries.

Dang man, you have been in the forums for a while now......you should have detected the sarcasm. Your sarcasm detector takes AAA batteries, might want to replace them ;)

you're right need to get new fresh batteries...

i guess all of the comments from the hot wheels collectors forum (talk about jerky people) drained my batteries. lol

It happens man.......we are different here.

i'm with you...

but i'm guessing that sealed cases (if you can even find them sealed...) will spike in price ESPECIALLY if not all 5000 mr. gold's are accounted for.

There are people here buying sealed cases to stash away so they will be available. Also I think the consensus here is that all Mr. Golds will never be accounted for.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I dont think this is an item that will see a spike in price during the holiday season. I love my son to death but if he asked for a Mr. Gold for Christmas, I would laugh in his face!! I might be willing to buy him a sealed case and tell him to take his chances lol

The real lesson here is that you're a horrible parent.

I agree with you though...I don't see holiday shopping driving the price of a Mr. Gold. What might increase during the holidays is a sealed box of Series 10 CMFs, because basically what you're buying is a lottery ticket...It won't be crazy initially found Mr. Gold money though. I predict there won't be that many sealed boxes left by Christmas.

woo hoo!

nice troll.

There is a big giant link on the brickpicker splash page that links to a eBay listing for sealed Series 10 cases.

THING ABOUT THAT IS...

i've purchased sealed cases from a some ebayers.

and 2x they didn't have the little stickers on the side.

and the seller said that's how they came.

1x it was shrink wrapped which is obviously 3rd party.

since the stakes are raised and people are rabidly hunting for mr. gold.

it's going to be super hard to figure out who's legitimately selling sealed ones...

just my 2 cents

Nice find!!! Which Target in LA did you find him at? That's my stomping ground too, so now I can avoid the store you found him at. :)

topanga.

i did hit up the local surrounding ones after i found him though :(

with no luck.

lol

what can i say i got gold fever lol

Some ideal uses for Mr. Gold: sell it and buy, like, 4 sealed cases. Use it to reflect sunlight into people's eyes when they're trying to golf. Hang it from your rearview mirror. Put it on a fishing hook and tease people at the Lego store. "Almost got it!" Offer to sell it back to Lego for 50% off, then mark it as backordered. Stand in front of the local CMF display and show it off to the jealous kids. Sell it to me for 100% ROI so I can do all that stuff, too.

Some ideal uses for Mr. Gold: sell it and buy, like, 4 sealed cases.

Use it to reflect sunlight into people's eyes when they're trying to golf.

Hang it from your rearview mirror.

Put it on a fishing hook and tease people at the Lego store. "Almost got it!"

Offer to sell it back to Lego for 50% off, then mark it as backordered.

Stand in front of the local CMF display and show it off to the jealous kids.

Sell it to me for 100% ROI so I can do all that stuff, too.

HILARIOUS!!!

I LIKE the fishing pole idea lol

with him holding a sign saying "almost got it"

hahahahahaha

I think the time to sell these guys is NOW. If short selling was an option, I'd sell 3 or 4 of them now for $850 Buy it Now, and then wait a few months when they get down under $200 and buy them back. Lego produced 5,000 of these guys. at close to $1,000 each, that would mean there's a $5 million market just for Mr. Gold minifigures. Granted, they won't all be listed on Ebay, but if they were, that would represent 1/17th of the entire value of Ebay listings, which is an unsustainably high number. Just my two cents

I think the time to sell these guys is NOW. If short selling was an option, I'd sell 3 or 4 of them now for $850 Buy it Now, and then wait a few months when they get down under $200 and buy them back.

Nice call. If I were you, mushedroom I would do what C4dreams said. In short, you pocket $650+. Not bad at all! ;)

There is a big giant link on the brickpicker splash page that links to a eBay listing for sealed Series 10 cases.

THING ABOUT THAT IS...

i've purchased sealed cases from a some ebayers.

and 2x they didn't have the little stickers on the side.

and the seller said that's how they came.

1x it was shrink wrapped which is obviously 3rd party.

since the stakes are raised and people are rabidly hunting for mr. gold.

it's going to be super hard to figure out who's legitimately selling sealed ones...

just my 2 cents

I ordered a sealed case off of ebay from thebrickdude. I got a mr gold in my case so I am vouching for him that he is legit. nothing was tampered with. I actually ordered two from him and he only sent one, but when I emailed him and explained that I only got one case he emailed me right back and apologized for the error and sent the other case which I got three days later. He is a trustworthy seller.

do a kickstarter project to record your DESTRUCTION of Mr. Gold. People could vote how he will be destroyed and you can put it up on youtube. There's got to be at least 1000 people who'd pay a buck for that. Then the other 4999 will be worth more.

Congrats on your find. I've pretty much given up hope of finding one in stores. After doing a bit of smooshing on release day I now think that most stores have been picked through. Buying sealed cases is the way to go from here I think.

I think the time to sell these guys is NOW. If short selling was an option, I'd sell 3 or 4 of them now for $850 Buy it Now, and then wait a few months when they get down under $200 and buy them back.

Lego produced 5,000 of these guys. at close to $1,000 each, that would mean there's a $5 million market just for Mr. Gold minifigures. Granted, they won't all be listed on Ebay, but if they were, that would represent 1/17th of the entire value of Ebay listings, which is an unsustainably high number. Just my two cents

very very very true.

but we do live in a strange world...

i saw someone pay $75 for a walking dead trading card that was given away free to comic con goers...

Congrats on the find. Right now a Mr. Gold will fetch between 500-1000 at auction. We'll assume, for arguments sake, that you will walk away with $750 if you sell today. That's a huge return on a $3 investment. There's no telling which way prices will move from here, though my gut says they go down. I could be wrong though, depends just how much demand there is for Mr. Gold. If there's more than 5,000 individuals out there who have deep pockets and are rabid fans of Lego ( a distinct possibility) there's really no telling how high the ceiling will go as more and more of this figure are accounted for and a panic sets in as collectors begin to realize there's a distinct possibility that they will never get a chance to own one. My point is there's compelling reasons both to sell now, and to hold in hopes of a higher price. If you're a collector yourself the stakes are higher. If you part ways with the figure you may get lucky and get a chance to buy one back at a substantial discount, or you may be kicking yourself in a month as the price climbs ever higher and you have to choose to either shell out more money to acquire another figure or accept that you let the chance to own this particular minifig slip through your fingers.