71001 - Minifigures - Series 10

TheOrcKing

Series 10  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 10?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I made the point that is there really a lot of difference between someone who sits at the store for hours going through all the packs or someone who does this at home. You are basically doing the same thing but at different places. If stores were smart, they would not allow returns on the figs. I have already read reports of employees telling customers don't bother looking for mr. gold because they already went through the packs.

I think smooshing in the store is ok, you try to find what figures you want and pay for it. Personally I don't like to 'make work' for people or add costs for businesses (refund, restocking labour/time etc). Buying boxes to take home is a bit shady, because what if store employees or owners all purchased boxes to take home and go through them before returning to the store display for customers? Generally there's always someone else with a greater advantage then you and that's life but I think it's much easier going through life being 'nice' :) To each their own.

You are either a smoosher or not. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter where, when, how etc. Once a smoosher - always a smoosher. BTW, smooshing isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm a smoosher, you're a smoosher, he's a smoosher, she's a smoosher. Whouldn't you like to be a smoosher too? Be a smoosher, drink DR SMOOSHER.

I particularly will be at my local LEGO store as soon as they open. I am not sure if it's going to be on the first day they release them, but I have the feeling that LEGO would make sure that every single LEGO branded store got at least a couple of Mr.Golds in stock eventually. I'll probably spend an hour and a half at the most, if I get one good, if not I'll forget about it and go back to more traditional activities.

Guest ph4tb0i

If you're willing to smoosh in the store for a few minutes, then I see that like picking the box off the shelf that is in the best condition... but if you spend an hour (or hours) in the store smooshing and picking out the rare ones you know are worth more money, you're ruining the fun for everyone else.

That's assuming "everybody else" wants to have fun trying to find rare minifigs. I'd rather take the box, pick out the rare ones so they can sit in the good home that is my collection (possibly get Mr. Gold while at it), dump the rest, and laugh at the next smoosher who's planning to raid the stash for profit.

I'd rather contribute to the problem so it can grow big enough for Lego to notice and solve it instead of letting those few individuals benefit =P.

Anyone planning to spend hours smooshing the packs are probably better off stay at home or go to work instead. There is a diminishing rate of return when you spend hours HOPING to get a 1 in 100000 chance to strike Mr. Gold

If you're willing to smoosh in the store for a few minutes, then I see that like picking the box off the shelf that is in the best condition... but if you spend an hour (or hours) in the store smooshing and picking out the rare ones you know are worth more money, you're ruining the fun for everyone else.

I made the point that is there really a lot of difference between someone who sits at the store for hours going through all the packs or someone who does this at home. You are basically doing the same thing but at different places. If stores were smart, they would not allow returns on the figs. I have already read reports of employees telling customers don't bother looking for mr. gold because they already went through the packs.

My town up here in Western Canada always seems to be behind on all things Lego. Ironically, for once, here you guys are waiting to get in line for these figures, but I`ve already picked most of the ones I want up. Haha, this is a first!

Mr. Gold would be nice, but I think I'm either going to just smoosh until I find a Medusa and Grandpa. If I find a Mr. Gold while smooshing for Medusa and Grandpa, great. Maybe I'll buy a sealed box though. Who knows.

The Medusa stands out very easily. The mermaid-like piece gives it away, unlike in series 9 with many of the figures armour or the troll. Best of luck looking anyway haha.

I think many of you are really missing the true value here. It's not the Mr.Gold minifigure that is important, it's the possibility of owning one in a sealed case that is intriguing. It's the sealed case that is the true winner here. If you pay $170 for a sealed case that has the possibility of having a Mr. Gold in it, that could easily double, triple or quadruple in value in a couple of months after the Series 10 minifigures are retired. That is money in the bank in my opinion. All of the Mr. Golds will not be accounted for, so the value of these sealed cases could hit ridiculous levels.

If all the Mr. Gold's are not accounted for (which they won't be) then I could easily imagine a sealed case going for upwards of 500 dollars very shortly after retirement..since the cats out the bag..

Yes...This could be an amazing thing to watch. The prices are already increasing for sealed sets.