71001 - Minifigures - Series 10

TheOrcKing

Series 10  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 10?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! I think my favorites are the painter and the sad clown! Can't wait to start smooshing ;)

Those are my favorites too! Actually the whole series is a favorite for me. Each of them is rather brilliant....except for the Trendsetter. Not much for her and the yippy rat, er, dog. Artisically, I love the Sad Clown best! Classic Pierrot.

A little into this next Series' lifespan, I'll add the usual "Pick your favorite" Poll to the thread. I won't do it now since they are not available as of yet and you and I both know seeing these in person is a different thing than looking at 3d rendered pictures on the web.

A little bit funny for me, since Series 7 now I have to get extras of certain characters because my mother wants a couple of them for her own collection! Heh heh. So far she has asked for Chicken Suit Guy, Bunny Suit Guy, Mr Good & Evil, and the Sea King. With Series 10, she so wants a Medusa, Baseball Fielder, Revolutionary Soldier, I think Tomahawk Warrior, and perhaps a Roman Commander. I'm sure she'll remind me every now & again. Ha.

This is one Series where I may just buy a whole box in the first place. I'm dead curious where the ratios will lie and judging by the assortments from prior Series', this could have a good one if my guesses are anywhere near spot on.

TRU almost always finds a way to screw their customers over and here is yet another example. Plus they don't ship until May 1st.So much for that preorder. Lol, so. 5 minifigures will cost you around $30, so that's $6 a piece, which is double regular retail. Hate TRU and their hidden fees.

Are complete cases available to the general public, or do you have to have a retailers license? I've never seen anyone selling sealed cases except Ebay scalpers.

Typically, if you go to a Target or Walmart or TRU (God forbid), and ask for a sealed box, they will give you one, and they will give you the cost of all the minifigures inside the box. In that case, you can only get these through retailers. Not sure if you can get them from LEGO Shop at Home, even if you order the set box number. See this thread for more.

Here is Series 10's character ratio for a box of 60 (based on Whitefang of Eurobricks' review).

2 Librarians

2 Medusas

2 Grandpas

2 Bumblebee Girls

2 Sea Captains

2 Trendsetters

4 Warrior Women

4 Tomahawk Warriors

4 Paintball Players

4 Decorators

4 Sad Clowns

4 Revolutionary Solders

6 Roman Commanders

6 Skydivers

6 Baseball Fielders

6 Motorcycle Mechanics

Now for myself and after some thought, this ratio is fairly good.

The rarer minifigures are ones that I would be glad to have only one to be happy with. I don't need a bunch of Grandpas and Sea Captains running around. And Trendsetter would be my least favorite character. I may have wanted more of Bumblebee Girl though so she could have been one of the four's.

Two of the highest ratio minifigures are great! Unlike Series 6's Roman Soldier, this Roman Commander can truly be army built well! Baseball Fielder has the same ratio as the older Baseball Player which is perfect. I just don't get why Skydiver and Motorcycle Mechanic are in there; it just doesn't make sense to me. Now I can see having a few skydivers sort of, but not so much for the other guy. And besides, look at ALL the other army builder esque characters in the series and yet Lego chose those two?!

The ones in the middle are decent. I would like to have some Decorators for my cityscape; that would be nice. But I still don't get why Lego chose those other two non army builders instead of any one of the characters in here. You have Revolutionary Soldier, Tomahawk Warrior, Warrior Woman, and even Paintball Player, but instead they went with the Skydiver and Motorcycle Mechanic who I still think looks like Jamie from Mythbusters.

Still, I can see major benefit for buying a whole factory sealed box of 30 or 60 of this series. You (or at least I think so) end up with extras you would want in the first place (Baseball Fielder, Revolutionary Soldier, Decorator, Roman Commander, etcetera). I like all of them but admit the ones with the lowest ratio are characters I really just need one for my personal collection.

Anyway, how do you guys feel about the ratio?

I'm happy that we get so many Commanders in this one. 6 per box is awesome! I might just have an army of Commanders instead of buying the old Roman Soldier Figures, since they are more expensive.

I know right! I was afraid it was going to be the same as the other guy and we would only get three in a box but instead we get twice as many! Woohoo!

Still don't get why so many Motorcycle Mechanics though. Then again, it might be cool to create a gang of Lego bikers!

Instead of "Sons of Anarchy", it could be "Sons of Lego" or "Studs of Anarchy".

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of an off-topic question but where does Walmart keep their minifigs? I have yet to see a single one at my local walmart? Are they even by the legos? Endcaps?

I've run into the same difficulty. It seems that Walmarts in my area all seem to put them in different places, likely dictated by the toy manager, I guess. At one location, They were hung from a rack on an endcap that wasn't even near the standard Lego aisle. I happened upon it by chance, probably only because I had a sharp eye out looking for randomly placed Lego clearance. At another store, they just stuck the box in the aisle next to all the other pouch-based minifigures from other toy brands. But for the most part, it seems like most of my Walmarts don't seem to carry minifigs at all. No Target in my immediate area even carries minifigs, but I once found some at a Target out of town in the little section near the front by the registers where they keep all of the baseball cards, RPG cards, and all that stuff. Happy hunting.

Kind of an off-topic question but where does Walmart keep their minifigs? I have yet to see a single one at my local walmart? Are they even by the legos? Endcaps?

Not really off-topic. Let's see.

Until the end of last year my Walmart never carried the minifigures ever, and if they did before then they must have hidden them like an Easter egg. I have found some Series 9 stuck in the clearance toy aisle at Walmart and one time on the side of an endcap next to the Lego aisle.

At my Target, they are at the endcap where the Lego used to be. That's right. Beginning with this year they moved the entire Lego aisle down a couple and I have no idea why as in why the sudden move and why they did not move the rack for the Minifigures?

Then at my Five Below, they rearranged a lot of things and moved them into the center area of the store which isn't saying much since the entire place is pretty small.