71001 - Minifigures - Series 10

TheOrcKing

Series 10  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 10?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I had been buying 3 boxes from season 4, keeping a full set for myself, making two complete sets from the rest and selling, and then keeping the rest in their sealed packets. The extras I had I would put in the kid's party bags at their birthday parties, or one company in town actually bought all my spares ones as they were doing some preofessional development with them. With Lego cutting back to 2 full sets in a box though, I only bought one box of series 9 (which I am still waiting on) I can't be bothered hunting online and buying extra minifigs to make up a third complete set. I might have to reassess that though if I will be gold minifig hunting!

The chances of finding the chase figure in the wild will be near zero. In retail stores across the land employees will be feeling up packages left and right for top hats every time a case is opened before putting the box out for the customers to rifle through. Your only chance will be to get a sealed case through a vendor, and even then the odds will be extremely low if indeed there are only 5000. If you're a collector grab one early on ebay because they're going to soar in value once people realize just how rare they are and just how impossible they're going to be to pull at retail. I really wish Lego would change the packaging on these to a hard plastic case or a cardboard box, make it truly random and stop the cherry picking...

• 3 weeks later...

Here are images showing the mystery bags, included pamphlet (character list), and a promo sheet scan for "Mr. Gold".

From the color of the bags and the character himself, LEGO is really going for the 'gold' on this series, aren't they?

Here's the article on Brickset.

Series 10 will be available by May 1st.

And coincidently, Series 9 will be discontinued before then.

After some comparison of older Series', I have come up with an estimated guess as to the general character box ratio for Series 10.

This is just an educated guess, I have no actual idea what it shall really be. And the ratio is based on a box of 30 since that will be the new standard size from this point on. (Or at least, that's what I keep getting told.)

Roman Commander - 1

Warrior Woman - 1

Skydiver - 1

Trendsetter - 1

Decorator - 1

Motorcycle Mechanic - 1

Librarian - 2

Medusa - 2

Bumblebee Girl - 2

Grandpa - 2

Sea Captain - 2

Sad Clown - 2

Paintball Player - 3

Tomahawk Warrior - 3

Revolution Soldier - 3

Baseball Fielder - 3

This Gold Guy thing sucks. Big time. As many have said here before, just a trick to make everyone spend more. Has anyone confirmed how will these be distributed? Only 5000 produced and placed in random cases shipped randomly across the world? Chances of us getting one range from slim to none.

This Gold Guy thing sucks. Big time.

As many have said here before, just a trick to make everyone spend more.

But of course. This will be one series where until all 5,000 Mr Gold minifigures have been found, the price for a box on the secondary market will be HUGE!

Has anyone confirmed how will these be distributed? Only 5000 produced and placed in random cases shipped randomly across the world?

I think that they would replace one of the higher ratio characters with a single Mr. Gold. I'm not sure how they will go about deciding such a thing (which boxes to put one in) other than with a specific pattern (like one out of every 100 boxes packed that day). Just taking a shot in the dark here.

One thing I know for certain is that when companies use the 'Golden Ticket' scheme, they keep track of where each ticket has gone to.

I think that they would replace one of the higher ratio characters with a single Mr. Gold. I'm not sure how they will go about deciding such a thing (which boxes to put one in) other than with a specific pattern (like one out of every 100 boxes packed that day). Just taking a shot in the dark here.

One thing I know for certain is that when companies use the 'Golden Ticket' scheme, they keep track of where each ticket has gone to.

And the thing is, how many boxes will people hold onto, waiting for the prices to sky rocket? These are going to be worth a mint. Do I open the box, looking for the gold minifig, and make up sets like I usually do? Do I hold onto the box, knowing that it will go up in price pretty quickly once it goes EOL? Decisions, decisions!

Did Lego keep track of the gold C-3POs?

And the thing is, how many boxes will people hold onto, waiting for the prices to sky rocket? These are going to be worth a mint. Do I open the box, looking for the gold minifig, and make up sets like I usually do? Do I hold onto the box, knowing that it will go up in price pretty quickly once it goes EOL? Decisions, decisions!

Yep. This one is gonna drive people nuts. I suppose you could try and buy as many sealed boxes as you can, maybe do a half & half scenario. I've learned much more about the whole 'buy a retailers box of minifigures' this past week and am curious enough to do that just so I can confirm for myself how those ratios playout among other things.

Did Lego keep track of the gold C-3POs?

I probably should elaborate on what I meant. In a nutshell, whenever any company uses a tactic like the golden C-3POs you reminded me about, they make a note of every set that each single golden item went into. The choice as to which set gets one is somewhat random (a computer constantly running a random formula like those slot machines), it's just the distribution of where the set itself is going that they want to keep track of, at least initially.

The company wants to make sure that every region gets a fair amount. It would not look good for them if almost all of the exclusive items ended up around the same area. Plus doing so would make it easier for anyone that lives there and make the item much less exclusive. So to combat this, whenever any retailer for say America or England orders a number of sets, they check to see how many has been sent to that part of the world. Depending on what comes up, they'll use a calculated factor to decide how many sets with the golden minifigure to 'sprinkle' within the order for shipping.

A company can't keep track of the golden item after it's left the warehouse, no one can. But they do know where it is going to in the first place. After that, it's out of their hands.

I had someone that worked in the candy industry like at a distributer for Hershey candies I believe, and I learned about how companies do keep track of where their 'golden tickets' go. It's not quite as random as they lead you to believe. In fact, a lot of things they claim are done randomly are not exactly so.

This Gold Guy thing sucks. Big time.

As many have said here before, just a trick to make everyone spend more.

Has anyone confirmed how will these be distributed? Only 5000 produced and placed in random cases shipped randomly across the world?

Chances of us getting one range from slim to none.

Yep it will definitely get people to spend a lot more. Once again TLG knows exactly what they're doing!

Yep. This one is gonna drive people nuts. I suppose you could try and buy as many sealed boxes as you can, maybe do a half & half scenario. I've learned much more about the whole 'buy a retailers box of minifigures' this past week and am curious enough to do that just so I can confirm for myself how those ratios playout among other things.

The key will be trying to get boxes from retailers.

Resellers will be looking at a mark up in case there is a gold minifig inside. They will be inflating the price IMO

Plus you never know if some sneaky bugger hasn't opened it, felt to make sure there was no gold minifig then sealed it back up again

Brickset has added images for every single character from Series 10, so I've added links on the main post to each page. The images show what the character looks like when separate as well as put together. This should help all you smooshers out there! It has me.

dumb dumb dumb Medusa gets no weapon wth ???

I am kinda disappointed...

dumb dumb dumb Medusa gets no weapon wth ???

I am kinda disappointed...

It would have been neat if they gave her the longbow she wielded in both the original and remake of "Clash of the Titans". Still, she's wicked awesome! When I get my hands on a Medusa, I'll just give her one of those Forest Maiden longbows to complete the image.

It would have been neat if they gave her the longbow she wielded in both the original and remake of "Clash of the Titans". Still, she's wicked awesome! When I get my hands on a Medusa, I'll just give her one of those Forest Maiden longbows to complete the image.

Yeh only if I would not sell all Forest maiden HOT stuff figures (sealed) for like 2x retail lol