71001 - Minifigures - Series 10

TheOrcKing

Series 10  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 10?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Not really off-topic. Let's see.

Until the end of last year my Walmart never carried the minifigures ever, and if they did before then they must have hidden them like an Easter egg. I have found some Series 9 stuck in the clearance toy aisle at Walmart and one time on the side of an endcap next to the Lego aisle.

At my Target, they are at the endcap where the Lego used to be. That's right. Beginning with this year they moved the entire Lego aisle down a couple and I have no idea why as in why the sudden move and why they did not move the rack for the Minifigures?

Then at my Five Below, they rearranged a lot of things and moved them into the center area of the store which isn't saying much since the entire place is pretty small.

Shopko and five below rank right up there with unicorns for me........never seen a sign of them.

I know there is already a section on mr. gold, but this is a little different with respect to value and things. What's the strategy for wednesday? Hit the stores when they open and feel all the boxes then go to the next one? Buy the whole box in a few stores? Feel and return? Not participate? Wait for your ebay box to arrive? Thoughts?

Buy all the boxes in the stores and return what isnt Mr. Gold

Just want to be 100% sure about this. I have NEVER bought a sealed case or boxes so I don't have any idea. Is this something that can be done? Just grab the whole box and then return it whole if there is no Mr.Gold? what if there is 1? can you still return the rest? This would be a first for me so just want some input from the most experienced ones.

Also, how much is the box usually? around $180?

Yup you can totally return them. Especially to target and walmart. I'm scared for your luck at Lego though. Sometimes the managers will be picky about limiting five of each item to customers. That five could be five sealed boxes of them if you're lucky though!. As long as you save the receipts you will be fine. They may not be happy checking them all back in though hah.

to all of you that want to "buy a box and return it after searching it" shame on you. That is the most dishonest thing ive read on these forums. Just know that karma will catch up to you eventully. I am disgusted at the shady things that are going on over this mr gold thing. I hope that the stores wont let you return what you bought. I cant believe this. to me that is no worse than drop shipping scammers and dishonest ebayers!!!!!!!!!!

I am completely lost.... What is Mr gold?

Mr Gold is the chase figure Lego introduced with Series 10 and he has a limited production of 5,000 worldwide.

Here is a link so you can see for yourself.

I'm curious as to how you can buy a sealed box, then return it opened, and get your money back? Any time I had to return something at Walmart they'd always ask "What's the problem?" or something similiar. In any case, that sure is some extreme scalping. Count me out.

Mr Gold is the chase figure Lego introduced with Series 10 and he has a limited production of 5,000 worldwide.

Here is a link so you can see for yourself.

I'm curious as to how you can buy a sealed box, then return it opened, and get your money back? Any time I had to return something at Walmart they'd always ask "What's the problem?" or something similiar. In any case, that sure is some extreme scalping. Count me out.

Thank you Orcking...at least someone feels the same way that I do. Extreme Scalping, that is an excellent way to describe what people are doing.

to all of you that want to "buy a box and return it after searching it" shame on you. That is the most dishonest thing ive read on these forums. Just know that karma will catch up to you eventully. I am disgusted at the shady things that are going on over this mr gold thing. I hope that the stores wont let you return what you bought. I cant believe this. to me that is no worse than drop shipping scammers and dishonest ebayers!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with this. I have invested in Lego as a fun hobby, not some get rich quick (not saying the $600 for a mr gold is rich) scheme. I think the smooshing done in stores is fine, I think it is in poor taste, but when I was 8 I did similar things with Pokemon Cards (there was a rumor that if you bent the cards the right way, you could tell be the way it reacted if there was a holographic one). I just see this as a very childish tactic. I will personally be at home studying for finals... (fun week ahead).

I know we hate the comparison to baseball cards but, I remember doing the same thing for rare tops rookie cards... When I was 8.

yeah remember when they put pieces of cardboard in retail packs but hobby store packs did not have the cardboard so u could feel what pack had the good card in it. Made for some very dishonest card stores.

Guest ph4tb0i

I don't understand what's so dishonest about buying, smooshing at home, then returning the ones you don't want. You're playing by the rules, you're not opening/damaging a product in any way so what's the problem? These things are ultimately going to sell at Walmart anyways as the main source of buyers (i.e. kids) probably won't care about smooshing them @ the store/at home. If Lego really wanted to ban this practice they could easily enclose the minifig in a box or a hard plastic container.

I agree with this. I have invested in Lego as a fun hobby, not some get rich quick (not saying the $600 for a mr gold is rich) scheme. I think the smooshing done in stores is fine, I think it is in poor taste, but when I was 8 I did similar things with Pokemon Cards (there was a rumor that if you bent the cards the right way, you could tell be the way it reacted if there was a holographic one). I just see this as a very childish tactic. I will personally be at home studying for finals... (fun week ahead).

One more vote for this!! I glad I am not a greedy person.....life is so much easier.

I don't understand what's so dishonest about buying, smooshing at home, then returning the ones you don't want. You're playing by the rules, you're not opening/damaging a product in any way so what's the problem? These things are ultimately going to sell at Walmart anyways as the main source of buyers (i.e. kids) probably won't care about smooshing them @ the store/at home.

If Lego really wanted to ban this practice they could easily enclose the minifig in a box or a hard plastic container.

Agreed...I don't see this as that much different than spending hours in the store smooshing through each pack. The difference is you are doing it from the comfort of your own home...in both scenarios you are feeling for only the character(s) you want and ultimately buying exactly what you want. All packs you don't want wind up back on the shelves for others to buy...regardless of doing it in the store or returning them later.

Agreed...I don't see this as that much different than spending hours in the store smooshing through each pack. The difference is you are doing it from the comfort of your own home...in both scenarios you are feeling for only the character(s) you want and ultimately buying exactly what you want. All packs you don't want wind up back on the shelves for others to buy...regardless of doing it in the store or returning them later.

Not all mini figures are manufactured in equal proportions. If you buy a sealed box, you are hedging your bets that it will contain some of those rare ones because nobody else will have had the chance to smoosh them.

If you're willing to smoosh in the store for a few minutes, then I see that like picking the box off the shelf that is in the best condition... but if you spend an hour (or hours) in the store smooshing and picking out the rare ones you know are worth more money, you're ruining the fun for everyone else.

One of the reasons the mini figures aren't very expensive is because the packaging is simple and Lego can go under the assumption that people will buy any of them, not just the most popular. Would you want to be in business if only 50% of the product you put on the shelf was sold?

I am not saying that buying the boxes and returning them is ethical or unethical, but to compare it with the people that run credit card and identity theft rings seems to be a little bit extreme. I respect those who hold that view, but I don't share it. It's kind of like saying that people who shoplift from stores are as bad as serial killers, both may be criminals, but in my opinion only one deserves the death penalty. I have never smooshed in stores, and I am really nervous about doing it, but it's probably something I will do on wednesday and never again. My focus has always been on sets, but I'll try my luck at least on one day lol.