71001 - Minifigures - Series 10

TheOrcKing

Series 10  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 10?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Found a local store with these on the shelves today. Spent a while smooshing but it took ages. Found a few of the ones I wanted, but no mr gold. I pulled a few sealed boxes from the top shelf and had a quick feel through trying to see if I could find him via the double bag, but no luck. I think that weighing the packs on my little digital scales might be a way to go. should be pretty fast to do in store. I weighed the ones I got: warrior Woman 11.6g Paintball Player 10.9g Tomahawk Warrior 9.9g (got 3 of these and they were all exactly the same) Medusa 13.7g (damn easy to feel though) Sad Clown 10.1g Does anyone else use this method? Does anyone have a list of weights for the whole series? If someone as a set I'd really appreciate that info if you can do it. Any Mr Gold owners want to weigh on for us?

Found a local store with these on the shelves today. Spent a while smooshing but it took ages. Found a few of the ones I wanted, but no mr gold. I pulled a few sealed boxes from the top shelf and had a quick feel through trying to see if I could find him via the double bag, but no luck.

I think that weighing the packs on my little digital scales might be a way to go. should be pretty fast to do in store. I weighed the ones I got:

warrior Woman 11.6g

Paintball Player 10.9g

Tomahawk Warrior 9.9g (got 3 of these and they were all exactly the same)

Medusa 13.7g (damn easy to feel though)

Sad Clown 10.1g

Does anyone else use this method? Does anyone have a list of weights for the whole series? If someone as a set I'd really appreciate that info if you can do it. Any Mr Gold owners want to weigh on for us?

Pretty interesting technique but I feel dumb already standing in store for 40 min smooshing now to carry a digital scales with me to weight it this just puts me over the line :D

II have pretty skilled hands and identify quick... when new series comes out it takes me 30-45 min to check stuff first then I go through a box pretty fast...

I think many of you are really missing the true value here. It's not the Mr.Gold minifigure that is important, it's the possibility of owning one in a sealed case that is intriguing. It's the sealed case that is the true winner here. If you pay $170 for a sealed case that has the possibility of having a Mr. Gold in it, that could easily double, triple or quadruple in value in a couple of months after the Series 10 minifigures are retired. That is money in the bank in my opinion. All of the Mr. Golds will not be accounted for, so the value of these sealed cases could hit ridiculous levels.

This theory crossed my mind as soon as I heard about Mr. Gold but then I got discouraged by all of the people on here talking about how easy it was to tamper with the seals and all that, so I kind of deduced that if people are that scared to buy a case from a reputable dealer, how are they going to feel about buying one from a seller on the secondary market? I guess anything over MSRP will be a profit, but I am concerned with my ability to resell for profit if everyone is assuming that the seals are so easily compromised.

I just bought three cases. I think the best play is to just keep them sealed and then sell later once they are gone from stores. CMF series minifigs sell out so quickly at the stores around me. I think these sealed cases will do better than smooshing and hoping to find a Mr. Gold (and therefore breaking the case seals).

I just bought three cases. I think the best play is to just keep them sealed and then sell later once they are gone from stores. CMF series minifigs sell out so quickly at the stores around me. I think these sealed cases will do better than smooshing and hoping to find a Mr. Gold (and therefore breaking the case seals).

May I ask where you ordered them from and for what price you were able to secure them for? I would like to go to the same route.

This theory crossed my mind as soon as I heard about Mr. Gold but then I got discouraged by all of the people on here talking about how easy it was to tamper with the seals and all that, so I kind of deduced that if people are that scared to buy a case from a reputable dealer, how are they going to feel about buying one from a seller on the secondary market? I guess anything over MSRP will be a profit, but I am concerned with my ability to resell for profit if everyone is assuming that the seals are so easily compromised.

Tampering with 2 sealed boxes(brown shipping, regular) is rather difficult. This is assuming they even know how to tell which bag is a MR. GOLD.

hey everyone, sorry for being MIA for such a long time...i last my youngest kitty (15 yrs old) a little over a month ago and it was a hard and very emotionally rough time for me. i still miss her little face and am sad she had to leave this world... sorry to bring the mood down. here's something to bring it back up... i just posted my newest bump code video for SERIES 10. i could only find 12 out of 16 so i'll post the missing 4 when i find them. also i couldn't find the mr. gold figure so far :( thanks for watching and please comment, SUBSCRIBE & THUMBS UP MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL...IT HELPS ME OUT A LOT!

Tampering with 2 sealed boxes(brown shipping, regular) is rather difficult. This is assuming they even know how to tell which bag is a MR. GOLD.

I agree with the sealed case sentiment. It's like an unopened pack of vintage baseball cards. The potential inside the package drives up the value of the pack though it's contents are unknown. The speculation gives it value. Most people would never open it only to find out the contents have no value.

I agree with the sealed case sentiment. It's like an unopened pack of vintage baseball cards. The potential inside the package drives up the value of the pack though it's contents are unknown. The speculation gives it value. Most people would never open it only to find out the contents have no value.

Essentially, one is playing the lottery.

How fast do these minifigure sets retire? Also I Lew of what ed said in the past what is the return for a sealed box say of series 7 8 or 9 and so on is it consistent? Thinking of buying a sealed box from the link provided

Series 10 is uncharted territory. Considering Series One was released in 2010 and has long been retired, a year run is about average I would say. But this is a special lot, so LEGO can modify their usual EOL timing for this series.

The question you have to ask yourself, "Will I get a sealed case for less than $170 with FREE SHIPPING if I wait?" Doubt it. If anything, these sealed cases will start selling for more as time goes on. Other competitors have already raised the sealed case price. I bought 3 sealed cases a month ago for $169.99(with free shipping) from three different sellers(to diversify regions of the country). These other sellers are now at $199.99. Also, I highly doubt LEGO will be discounting Series 10 CMs at any time like they did previous series.

If you are going to buy some of these anyway, why wait?

Sorry to hear about your loss, mushedroom. :( Anyways, thanks for the video! I noticed that on my Series 9 bags (only ones I've got), the bump codes aren't printed out in a nice bold black color. Mine are more indented into the bag so you have to feel for them. Do you see this often, or did you color your's in with a Sharpie?

Sorry to hear about your loss, mushedroom. :(

Anyways, thanks for the video! I noticed that on my Series 9 bags (only ones I've got), the bump codes aren't printed out in a nice bold black color. Mine are more indented into the bag so you have to feel for them. Do you see this often, or did you color your's in with a Sharpie?

i colored them in so people could see them clearly ;-)

thanks for watching i hope the vid helps you out with series 10

i colored them in so people could see them clearly ;-)

thanks for watching i hope the vid helps you out with series 10

Ahh. Ok that helps! Thanks! I probably should go around to my local Targets coloring in the bumps to figure them out... ;)

they might throw you out for vandalizing lol

Went to two targets and a WM. None of them had any MF 10's today....da heck?

Mine still have a few Series 9 ones. Since they are "officially" supposed to be released tomorrow, maybe we both have store managers that are sticking to the rules, or they just decided not to carry Series 10.