71001 - Minifigures - Series 10

TheOrcKing

Series 10  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 10?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I ordered 5 2 weeks agoish from the person advertised on brickpicker and they havnt arrived yet. How long did it take for yours to come?

The seller stated there would be different waves of shipments. It looks like mine came from the Czech Republic.

The seller stated there would be different waves of shipments. It looks like mine came from the Czech Republic.

I bought from the same seller, and it also came from the Czech Republic. That makes me feel a bit better about it, since I'm sure Ed Mack has better Lego luck than me.

I received mine today, and the shipping box looked a bit rough. So I had to open it to check the case itself. The seals on the case look a bit shady. One of them is stretched, and under both seals there is white showing through the yellow box coloring. Is it at all possible my case was opened, or am I just being paranoid?

Tough to say, it does look kind of suspect, though. I wish they implemented a more "sure" sealing method.

I received mine today, and the shipping box looked a bit rough. So I had to open it to check the case itself. The seals on the case look a bit shady. One of them is stretched, and under both seals there is white showing through the yellow box coloring. Is it at all possible my case was opened, or am I just being paranoid?

Those seals, especially the left one, look like they've been opened. Those little stickers aren't always perfect, but even if the box isn't closed all the way tight, you can tell if it has been tampered with because when untampered, those stickers are perfectly flat against the box and generally don't have any air bubbles or anything. They must be applied by people though because there is often a little spot where a fingernail grabbed it.

I bought from the same seller, and it also came from the Czech Republic. That makes me feel a bit better about it, since I'm sure Ed Mack has better Lego luck than me.

My sealed cases were sent in a larger box(besides the LEGO shipping box), so that is one reason for the excellent condition of my boxes.

Those seals, especially the left one, look like they've been opened. Those little stickers aren't always perfect, but even if the box isn't closed all the way tight, you can tell if it has been tampered with because when untampered, those stickers are perfectly flat against the box and generally don't have any air bubbles or anything. They must be applied by people though because there is often a little spot where a fingernail grabbed it.

Well, ^$#%. I can't resell this case if a possible buyer thinks it looks suspect. If it were a set I'd verify the contents, but obviously I can't do that. So, I could attempt to return it to the seller, along with the stated explanation. Or, I could take it on faith that the seals are legit, and I could open it.

Or I could stick to the plan and try to resell it to a buyer less paranoid than I am. This is tricky business.

Still collecting all of Series 10, but the Skydiver is actually my favorite so far out of what I have. I have him holding onto the top of the Lego Architecture Empire State Building model with his legs jutted out... makes for a very cool image. The Librarian is also a favorite.

Re: Mr. Gold - I have a love/hate relationship with that guy, as I'm sure many of you do!

Still collecting all of Series 10, but the Skydiver is actually my favorite so far out of what I have.

The Skydiver is actually one of my favorites too. I only wish they gave him a double sided face with one not having the 'wind effect' across it because when he just stands there his face doesn't look right. Now for the way you have yours is perfect, but not so much when he is doing nothing really.

Mr. Gold - I have a love/hate relationship with that guy, as I'm sure many of you do!

I can relate.

Still collecting all of Series 10, but the Skydiver is actually my favorite so far out of what I have. I have him holding onto the top of the Lego Architecture Empire State Building model with his legs jutted out... makes for a very cool image. The Librarian is also a favorite.

Re: Mr. Gold - I have a love/hate relationship with that guy, as I'm sure many of you do!

Could you please post a picture of the Skydiver with the building? 

• Like 1

It's nice to see a Female Warrior.  Reminds me of Wonder Woman (kind of Amazonian'ish).  Lego needs to keep up and do more and more females. 

In terms of the whole series I think it's on the weaker side.  I mean there's no amazing animal costumes (bee costume is on the weaker side IMO) and no Robot and no "MUST HAVE"s for me..

Could you please post a picture of the Skydiver with the building? 

I'll try to get something up this week. FYI, I also have the Man-Bat from Series 8 "flying" around the Seattle Space Needle set as well, but I don't think it looks as good for some reason.

I think the Medusa is just amazing. Not only is it a ridiculously cool minifig, but it's been selling like hotcakes. I've amassed over 20 or so from my area and I'm already down to 5.

I actually would love LEGO to do a Greek/Roman Mythology line. Gods, Goddesses, monsters and myths, hoplites and wow. I'd be broke so fast.

I think the Medusa is just amazing. Not only is it a ridiculously cool minifig, but it's been selling like hotcakes. I've amassed over 20 or so from my area and I'm already down to 5.

I actually would love LEGO to do a Greek/Roman Mythology line. Gods, Goddesses, monsters and myths, hoplites and wow. I'd be broke so fast.

Interesting.  Given that Medusa is pretty much the easiest one to pick because of its size i would have thought it would struggle to sell on secondary markets while it's still at stores.

Given that Medusa is pretty much the easiest one to pick because of its size i would have thought it would struggle to sell on secondary markets while it's still at stores.

Easiest to find, definately. But with only two per box of sixty making her one the rarest, then add great desirability, and you have a winner!

• 2 weeks later...

Something I was wondering. When I was at the Lego store today, I asked how they refill the mini figure display and they said they tear open a box and dump them in. They claimed they don't sort through them themselves. Would the Lego store sell a sealed box? I didn't think of asking but after seeing this thread, I became curious. Anyone bought their sealed boxes straight from a Lego store?

Something I was wondering. When I was at the Lego store today, I asked how they refill the mini figure display and they said they tear open a box and dump them in. They claimed they don't sort through them themselves. Would the Lego store sell a sealed box? I didn't think of asking but after seeing this thread, I became curious. Anyone bought their sealed boxes straight from a Lego store?

They limit it to 32 per customer. the only way to get a sealed box would be to know someone there

I don't know about that, but an employee once told me they are not allowed to pick through boxes before they dump them. So if you catch them restocking, odds are the added figures haven't yet been smooshed.

Also, for new readers who might look back through this thread: The box I got with the seals that looked suspect, I returned to the seller and they sent me a new one. I paid return shipping, of course, but I'm happy with how the transaction turned out. If you haven't bought a sealed case yet, now is the time to hunt one down. It's the next best thing to a Mr Gold in your hand.

I don't know about that, but an employee once told me they are not allowed to pick through boxes before they dump them. So if you catch them restocking, odds are the added figures haven't yet been smooshed.

Also, for new readers who might look back through this thread: The box I got with the seals that looked suspect, I returned to the seller and they sent me a new one. I paid return shipping, of course, but I'm happy with how the transaction turned out. If you haven't bought a sealed case yet, now is the time to hunt one down. It's the next best thing to a Mr Gold in your hand.

There's a lot of things employee's at different retailers "aren't allowed" to do. But you stick a 700 dollar figure in a box and you tell ME what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually would love LEGO to do a Greek/Roman Mythology line. Gods, Goddesses, monsters and myths, hoplthoites and wow. I'd be broke so fast.

I too like the idea of the Greek/Roman Mythology - I like the Roman ones they've done so far although not myth-based; two soliders, gladiator etc and the Greek ones; Medusa, Cyclops and Minotaur.

• 1 month later...

So, I bought a few last night and pulled three baseball players, but one pack was missing the head, which was strange. Anyone experience this before? Does Lego.com have a replacement plan or something :P

Anyhow, no big deal, but it would have been nice to give that mini away to some kids in full.