71001 - Minifigures - Series 10

TheOrcKing

Series 10  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 10?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

So, I bought a few last night and pulled three baseball players, but one pack was missing the head, which was strange. Anyone experience this before? Does Lego.com have a replacement plan or something :P

Anyhow, no big deal, but it would have been nice to give that mini away to some kids in full.

Lego does have a replacement part if you are missing one, but unfortunately you cannot get a replacement part for any CMS sets. You can try calling CS and they might be able to get you one.

I know someone who was missing a part of the Dare Devil from Series 7 (don't remember which part) and when they talked to LEGO they were told that they could only replace it with another blind pack, not the individual piece for that specific figure.  So it's worth contacting LEGO to see what they say.

I know someone who was missing a part of the Dare Devil from Series 7 (don't remember which part) and when they talked to LEGO they were told that they could only replace it with another blind pack, not the individual piece for that specific figure.  So it's worth contacting LEGO to see what they say.

Replace it with another blind pack? Does that mean they would send you one in the mail or something along the lines of going into a Lego store and trade the incomplete one you have for a random replacement mystery bag? If they just send you a random mystery bag letting you keep the one you have, I can see this as something else someone may try and abuse as a way of getting a free $3 minifigure (albeit a completely random one).

As for binici's original topic question, I have yet to come across an incomplete minifigure. I suppose only time will tell.

That's good to know. Thanks!

So, I bought a few last night and pulled three baseball players, but one pack was missing the head, which was strange. Anyone experience this before? Does Lego.com have a replacement plan or something :P

Anyhow, no big deal, but it would have been nice to give that mini away to some kids in full.

Got the waiter with a hollywood starlets head. was told to go to cs if I cant find a head with the mustache in the build-a-figure pile at the store.

They send you a free current blind bag.  My boy robot was missing the windup...bought it sealed from ebay. I got banged  on that deal.  Paid 8 bucks...let my son open it as he likes to discover in sealed bags...so...he was sad that is was missing a part....I was sad lego wouldn't send or sell me a wind up key...had to buy from bricklink and wait 2 weeks...cost 3 bucks.  So...spent 11 bucks and 2 weeks to get a figure I could have bought open complete for 5...but ended up with our 9th skydiver for free.  Blah.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone started selling their sealed series 10 cases?  I bought 3 at $169.99 and was quite pleased to see that some have sold for over $300 on ebay and that the number of listings has dried up. 

I don't really need the money now, so I am wondering what folks think the upside on these are?  Can they reach $400 or $500?  They are small and no problem to store, but if the growth will be slow then I would rather sell, take profit, and reinvest in something else that will grow faster.

That's good news that they are appreciating.  Last I had looked, the big suppliers still had some listed sub $200, so the news that some of these boxes are reaching $300 is excellent.  If I can sell for over $300, I probably will and move onto the next sets to purchase.  But you're right, they take up very little room and are easy to sit on for a while if you can wait. 

I did a quick eBay search and didn't find any that sold over $250. Maybe I missed something?

At any rate, I have hopes for these as well. I'm about to source some and would love for them to go up in value.

Check sold items on listings with multiple quantities. Seller mini figures plus sold one for $349.

Where are you sourcing from and for how much?

• 3 weeks later...

If you have the time and ability, you might consider smooshing these before blindly picking them all up.  There are some great minis in Series 10, but there are also plenty of duds that aren't even worth the $2.97 plus tax that you'll pay for them.

As whiteboy02 mentioned, not all Mr. Golds have officially been claimed.  I'm sure many of them were found and never registered, but I have to imagine there are still some out there.  All in all, I would say go back for them.

I regret not picking up the whole box I found at my local Walmart last month.  I smooshed a couple and brought the home, but left about 30 there.

The only thing that made me feel better was that Legoland California had tons of them.  But I haven't been back to buy any, so it may not matter any more.

• 2 months later...

Before Series 9/10, the CM's didn't have a whole lot of fans and customers, but then TLG released the Mr. Gold minifigure in the Series 10 bags, and the demand for the minifigures went up, lots of them sold, and therefore there are just more of the Series 10 minifigures bought. Also, I think there are 6 Roman Commanders per box of 60, which is more than both the Roman Soldier and Spartan, who were 3 per box. Overall, you get more CM's sold and there are more commanders per box.

I'm in the same boat as you though. I have probably 5 Commanders that I've been holding on to hoping that they'd hit $6 or so, but I'll probably sell them come summer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I am out of any possible reason and honestly didn't even notice until you mentioned it. I see a lot of transactions for September and October which could fit for Halloween I suppose causing a price surge that stuck but still I'm not sure why the demand bump. Makes me happier I got a few back at retail.