71001 - Minifigures - Series 10

TheOrcKing

Series 10  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 10?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

A post on The Brick Fan mentions a possible list of characters for Series 10.

Aanchir on Eurobricks found images of certain pieces that do not belong to any current set and has come up with some interesting ideas. Also, resourzeman on flickr has created compiled images of what each one may look like.

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 10? - The Brick Fan

New CMF parts in LEGO parts database? - Aanchir's topic on Eurobricks

Compiled Series 10 Minifigures - rezourceman on flickr

Here is the confirmed list of Series 10 with added to links to Brickset.

Librarian

Medusa

Roman Commander

Warrior Woman

Tomahawk Warrior

Skydiver

Bumblebee Girl

Grandpa

Paintball Player

Sea Captain

Sad Clown

Revolutionary Soldier

Baseball Fielder

Trendsetter

Decorator

Motorcycle Mechanic

Mr. Gold

There was a Toy Soldier on the list but it has been finally confirmed that one will be in the Minifigures Character Encyclopedia by DK books.

And here's the real box ratio that will be in a box of 60.

Librarian - 2

Medusa - 2

Grandpa - 2

Bumblebee Girl - 2

Sea Captain - 2

Trendsetter - 2

Warrior Woman - 4

Tomahawk Warrior - 4

Paintball Player - 4

Decorator - 4

Sad Clown - 4

Revolutionary Solder - 4

Roman Commander - 6

Skydiver - 6

Baseball Fielder - 6

Motorcycle Mechanic - 6

So what do you guys think? Rather bizarre list of people, eh?

I've attached the latest image showing the complete and official collection of Series 10.

You can find a higher resolution on Series 10 minifigs>Brickset's flickr gallery.

8513189646_dbedcf260a_o.jpg

Sounds intriguing. I just started collecting these so I have to do a lot of back tracking. Too bad most of the series 1 are quite expensive. Especially the zombie.

God I know. I'm in the same boat as you. I really need to get in gear and complete the earlier series'. I have half of Series 5-7 and a complete Series 8, so that gives me a little leighway atleast. But that Zombie, along with a few certain others, will take a nice chunk of cash. Ouch....

Oh well, hopefully after finishing the earlier one's, I'll never have to do the Bricklink thing for these again.

• 1 month later...

I just saw a post on Hoth Bricks regarding Series 10 that mentions some kind of golden minifigures for Series 10. I would assume this means that there will be some kind of golden variants randomly inserted into packages, but I don't think there are any specifics available yet. Sounds pretty cool though and a good idea from TLG's perspective. Instead of just buying 16 to get a complete set, people will have to buy more to try for the golden versions. This will also encourage knuckleheads to open these at the display, so that part will suck.

I just saw a post on Hoth Bricks regarding Series 10 that mentions some kind of golden minifigures for Series 10. I would assume this means that there will be some kind of golden variants randomly inserted into packages, but I don't think there are any specifics available yet. Sounds pretty cool though and a good idea from TLG's perspective. Instead of just buying 16 to get a complete set, people will have to buy more to try for the golden versions. This will also encourage knuckleheads to open these at the display, so that part will suck.

Golden minifigures are always a winner in my book!

On Brickset there's an article about the London Toy Fair and they said that there will perhaps be one chase gold minifigure in each box of 60, probably starting with Series 11. If there is a gold version of every character, that will be an expensive set to complete. Stores better keep these behind the counter or they're all going to be opened by the losers out there.

Just read about the 'golden minifigure' earlier. One part, interesting. Second part, ah crap....

You know what this is, right? Another one of LEGO's attempts to get more money from people with those mystery MINIFIGURES yet again. First they did away with the UPC codes. Then made the 'bump codes' inert with Series 8 and possibly Series 7. Now they go and add some kind of possible 'mystery' character into a mystery pack in the hopes of getting even the expert 'smooshers' to buy ones they do not want just to find what could end up being a bunch of bullpuckey anyway. Seriously, who knows just how many people will buy a retailer's boxes hoping to score one of these, open up each and every mystery pack, and find nothing.

Like many others, I wonder if they will just end up being random characters done to look gold-esque.

Or perhaps be a unique 17th character for that Series.

(Instinct tells me the first one.)

Hmm, I wonder if this is another part of LEGO's decision to start using smaller 30 count boxes for the MINIFIGURES line.

Stores better keep these behind the counter or they're all going to be opened by the losers out there.

The thought had crossed my mind. I will say this much, I will not get stuck having to buy these online or blind ever again! These cost way too much collectively to do that anymore on a whim.

On Brickset there's an article about the London Toy Fair and they said that there will perhaps be one chase gold minifigure in each box of 60, probably starting with Series 11. If there is a gold version of every character, that will be an expensive set to complete. Stores better keep these behind the counter or they're all going to be opened by the losers out there.

This is a horrible idea! What will happen is that people will now have an incentive to rip open bags of these guys in pursuit for resale, along with theft.

Only way this would work is if Lego only sold these minifigs through their store where as you say, customers can not get to them to re-open.

You know what this is, right? Another one of LEGO's attempts to get more money from people with those mystery MINIFIGURES yet again. First they did away with the UPC codes. Then made the 'bump codes' inert with Series 8 and possibly Series 7. Now they go and add some kind of possible 'mystery' character into a mystery pack in the hopes of getting even the expert 'smooshers' to buy ones they do not want just to find what could end up being a bunch of bullpuckey anyway. Seriously, who knows just how many people will buy a retailer's boxes hoping to score one of these, open up each and every mystery pack, and find nothing.

Well, this is why they are in business ;) Of course, most of us just get what we want by feeling the packages, but I do like the idea of them being true mysteries (which they have never been). Having barcodes on the first 2 series' was a horrible idea, how could they think people wouldn't notice that? I never found the bump codes to be all that accurate or any easier than just feeling the contents. So far, I would say TLG hasn't done what they probably aimed to do originally - force consumers to buy way more than 16 packages to get a set. From the start it's been very easy to buy 16 and get a complete set.

They are following suit with what baseball cards figured out a long time ago. Put one ultra rare piece in an entire case, and watch people spend even more money trying to find it.

As a former baseball card collector, this is exactly what they are doing. I am hearing all kinds of rumors about the quantity of the gold figures. 5000, 1 per box, etc. I still haven't found any info that describes exactly what the gold figure will be. Is it going to be a gold figure of one of the 16 or just a standard gold lego minifig.

As a former baseball card collector, this is exactly what they are doing. I am hearing all kinds of rumors about the quantity of the gold figures. 5000, 1 per box, etc. I still haven't found any info that describes exactly what the gold figure will be. Is it going to be a gold figure of one of the 16 or just a standard gold lego minifig.

My guess is that they will be gold versions of the regular series, and that there will be an "ultimate gold" series of figures to collect as well. Say at, 1 per case or box, these will be rare and will fetch I'm sure $25 a piece(at least) and to collect the gold set you will be spending hundreds, just like Lego wants you to.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I can gather by just looking at the pic of Series 10, the GOLD figure is the one with the top hat (back row right). If you count, there are 17 minfigs in this picture. As most of you know, there have been 16 in each series so far, so the "Mr. Monopoly" as I like to call him, is the extra gold fig found one to each case. Again, this is just speculation and is not confirmed by anyone, but it seems pretty logical from the pic. He is painted gold after all. It is going to be easy to find him in the pack with the distinct shape of the hat. It's too bad, it would have been much better if it was just one of the minfigs in the set. Now it's going to turn into- who gets to the freshly opened box first. http://brickultra.com/lego-minifigures-series-10-images/

Minifig are most definitely not my area of expertise but if it is gonna be worth a lot of $$$$ then couldn't you just buy a case and be guaranteed to make $$$$??? Again I don't know how minifigs work so sorry if I am wrong in my assumption.

It does seem like the unopened boxes will be worth more on the secondary market, especially compared to the previous series. I guess it all depends on how much that gold minifig fetches on the open market.

5,000 seems like a pretty low number for total boxes world-wide. According to my math, that's only 18,437 complete sets of 16 (minus the gold one), and that's assuming that each figure is equally distributed within each box (which we know that they're not). I think now might be the time to get on the minifig bandwagon.

Minifig are most definitely not my area of expertise but if it is gonna be worth a lot of $$$$ then couldn't you just buy a case and be guaranteed to make $$$$??? Again I don't know how minifigs work so sorry if I am wrong in my assumption.

There isn't a gold minifigure guaranteed in each box. Depending on how many boxes of 60 are made, the odds could be 1 in 2, 1 in 20, or any number in between, of finding one of these figures in a sealed box. Unfortunately, it will be the same thing they have going now. Nobody will have to spend more money because you'll know ahead of time if you're getting the gold minifigure. So instead of buying 16 packages, you need to buy 17 to get a complete set. Now you may be looking for a long time for the 17th one, but it won't actually cost you anything but time and $2.99. And I'm guessing that these will fetch way more than $25.

There isn't a gold minifigure guaranteed in each box. Depending on how many boxes of 60 are made, the odds could be 1 in 2, 1 in 20, or any number in between, of finding one of these figures. Unfortunately, it will be the same thing they have going now. Nobody will have to spend more money because you'll know ahead of time if you're getting the gold minifigure. So instead of buying 16 packages, you need to buy 17 to get a complete set. Now you may be looking for a long time for the 17th one, but it won't actually cost you anything but time and $2.99. And I'm guessing that these will fetch way more than $25.

That would make much more sense. I was just wondering, has TLG released a limited product on such a large scale before?

I have already come to the realization that I will not be getting one of the gold figs. From my understanding they are going to be extremely rare. Once a lego store gets the series, the employees will immediately start looking for themselves and throw them on ebay. Ebay will probably be the only way to get one and they will not come cheap. On a side note, what happened to the "mini" boxes of series 9? I haven't seen any.

This series is great for army builders. I count at least 4 out of 16 suitable for armies. - Mohican - English? Soldier (pairs with Mohican for the Wilderness Wars) - Roman (could be made into a Spartan) soldier - Xena female warrior I read conflicting reports that the gold minifig is limited to 5000 or 10000 making it near impossible to get I would imagine. It would be nice if they made it 1 per box. But TLG making it the Monopoly Man = them saying 'Show me the money!' Which we all no doubt will.

......Huh, sooo that's the 'golden fig' the big whoop was about. Well he is kinda unique and better than just a plain gold plated minifigure or a simple recolor of another one. For anyone lucky enough to find a box with him in there, he's ridiculousy easy to find. Seriously, find the tophat. BOOM! Instant dollar signs! With a limited run of 5,000 those golden figs will net some BIG MONEY! As a matter of fact, the boxes can go for a lot just for the possibility of getting the golden minifigure.